[Andysucker] Hail to the Queen / "The Deck" is Back!

Andromeda used to be the single best runner ID in the game, but nowadays she seems outclassed by Ppvp Kate, Maxx, Noise or even Leela. The old super efficient Anarch Rig was crushed by the release of Lotus Field, and Yog fadded away from competitive decks.

But now, things have changed. Net Ready Eyes will restore Good old Andy to the rank she deserves.

no more Lotus Field on our way to victory !

This is my current theorycrafty list :

“The Deck” is Back !

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (17)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x Net-Ready Eyes (Chrome City) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]

Resource (9)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (8)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
1x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]

Program (3)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•••[/color]
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

I think in the current build, Gordian is probably better than Yog for Andy. I don’t think NRE is a good card in crim, mostly because you don’t have ways to play your card back the same way shaper and anarch have. Not really convinced by NRE out of Andy but I’m probably wrong.

We can probably test that in our next gamenight, @nuTella

Cut 1 RDI, Breach, and either an ES or an IJ for 1 Corroder, 1 legwork, and 1 special order. Daily casts seems pretty uninspiring. I would cut them for something else, most likely a mixture of bank jobs and SOTs. You need SOT, since the stuff you’re most likely to hit with NRE is stuff like Siphon and Legwork, and you need to be able to play as many of those as you can. I’m also really not convinced that you want Earthrise over Mr. Li in a deck that really needs to find a two of, non tutorable card in order to get though one of the more common pieces of ICE.

The other question is whether this deck is worth playing over Kate with Yog and NRE. The other thing to consider is that if a lot of people are playing NRE, it’s a pretty easy card to hate on. Power shutdown and lag time spring to mind. I don’t fancy playing Yog again if it’s still easily locked out.

Edit: It could also be right to just run 3 NRE, cutting the last RDI. I don’t particularly like it, but you need NRE to make the Yog work, and if you can make Yog work, it might be worth it. That means that you are without question running 3 Legwork. Running 3 also makes you a little less vunerable to Power Shutdown.

1 Like

@Basoon : yeah I can see PS being a huge problem here. Sucker used to protect our rig, but NRE is only 0 cost. damn designers.

We discussed ES at our last gamenight with Calimsha, and remembered why we stopped playing Glacier in the first place.

What I did is simply take what the old Alex list, and add in 2 NRE to fight better against lotus. You re dependant on NRE only if lotus stop you from accessing a remote, and if it s not the outermost ice in this server. I guess you can just play standard andromeda until you draw NRE, by applying pressure after a huge T1 setup.

My biggest worry about NRE in Andy is that it effectively has an order of install requirement - you can’t have any of your key pieces in hand when you’re playing NRE, so that you don’t end up tossing a key piece to the meat damage. Plascrete does mitigate that somewhat, as does just playing out your breaker suite first.

However, we were actually talking about this during the Twitch chat for the Regionals last night. The general consensus seemed to be that you can win with Andy reasonably well simply by not worrying about Lotus Field on remotes by keeping the corp <5 whenever you run a remote that might have Lotus Field, and then using Inside Job to dodge past if you have to. That also somewhat negates PS - unless the corp has their final agenda in a remote that has LF that’s not in the first slot, PS doesn’t stop you. It might slow you down, but you can play through the pain.

That being said, I’d put NRE in a parasite Andy deck with a clone chip just in case.

1 Like

that’s pretty much what I told to @nuTella when we talked about the usability of NRE out of andy.

Andy needs no way to break remote lotus field. I think part of the reason that people haven’t been doing great with Andy is that they have been playing crap like Gordian and Zu. Yog is hugely synergistic with Sucker, Desperado, and Testing.

I wouldn’t play NRE in Andy, though.

@Basoon, fuck your Mr. Li, it’s positively not even close to as good as Hotel in Andy.

2 Likes

I don’t think you want NRE in Andy. I played Andysucker for much of Lunar and Order and Chaos with just 1 Passport as Lotus Field breaker. You can do enough with centrals that I don’t remember ever being hosed by Lotus Field on remote in all those months. And Inside Job helps too.

I haven’t played Andysucker since that tournament because I was losing more against glacier decks that could ice all centrals.

1 Like

100% Agree that Yog is the way to go. Especially with so many low strength Code Gates lying around out there. Also, I’ll say that Parasite is still legit in Andy. I took this list to fourth at the Atlanta regional yesterday:

The Vandover Throwback

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (18)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Emergency Shutdown
2x Inside Job
2x Legwork
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
1x Clone Chip ••
3x Desperado
1x Plascrete Carapace
1x R&D Interface ••

Resource (8)
2x Earthrise Hotel
2x Kati Jones
2x Same Old Thing
2x Security Testing

Icebreaker (8)
1x Corroder ••
3x Faerie
1x Femme Fatale
1x Mimic •
1x Passport
1x Yog.0 •

Program (5)
3x Datasucker •••
2x Parasite ••••

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Being able to Parasite any halfway decent ICE off the table is a huge boon. On the day I think I killed something like 3 Eli’s, 2 Pups, 2 Tollbooths, a Quandary when I couldn’t find Yog and needed R&D accesses, and a Data Raven against a Butchershop deck. Just being able to open avenues that you didn’t have before is huge. They have a Lotus as the innermost ICE on a two ICE remote? Parasite the first one, Inside Job in. Stuff like that is why you don’t truly need an answer to Lotus on the remote. I think I installed Femme once? all day, and that was a blind install to IJ into a remote to steal a Fetal against an RP player.

I’m still not 100% sure how this deck fares against RP, I went 1-1 against it, winning an essentially game-deciding psi game on TFP against @AceJack in the elimination rounds.

1 Like

How do you plan on keeping the corp <5 with Crisium Grid and Asset Economy everywhere?

Targeted Account Siphons, I’d think.

Double Siphon takes the corp from 10 to 0. Unless you’re facing a strong kill deck that doesn’t want to do anything but money up, I think you can manage it with careful play. And if you’re facing a deck that wants to just money up and kill you, it’s unlikely you’re going to have to worry about a scoring server with a Lotus Field as the 2nd or later Ice, I’d think. Also, I see that my answer has been ninja’ed, and better. :wink:

@hasuprotoss - I think that deck is what started the conversation - were you on the stream? I know that I immediately went to modify my Andysite deck after watching that game, and then proceeded to harass @mediohxcore and @bblum in to talking about it to help me build.

Yeah, that was me on stream for Atlanta. Also looks like the Colorado regional list was four cards different than what I played: Regional – Petrie’s Family Games (Colorado Springs, CO, USA) (39 players) - StimHack

Interesting that two people had the same idea on the same day, haha.

1 Like

Parasite andy keeps the corp on their toes with sec testing, parasites, and early siphon threats. Setting up Lotus with inside job takes a while and is still vulnerable to femme. Plus, they dont know for sure you dont have any other breaker, and will often wait for ash/caprice anyway. Even if they do set it up, you can still just win on centrals.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe the best way to play against Lotus is simply to ignore it, and to hammer centrals more then ever. Parasites are very good in andy, and Clone chip might be better than the second corroder.

I’m still gona try NRE, cause I love the badpub-ish effect of saving a cred / a DS token every run.

I was going to mention this decklist, before I saw that you mentioned it. I think the key to this discussion is:

2x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) •

It’s been a while since I’ve played Andy regularly, so I might be wrong, but it seems that Yog + Rex is much better than Passport + Yog/Rex (or importing Zu/Gordian) as a decoder solution in non-Stealth Andy in the post-Lotus meta.

If you can spare the deckslot for 2x Rex I think it’s better than Passport since it has reasonable synergy with Datasucker and increases the chance of drawing a decoder very early. With the general gameplan of breaking most code-gates with Yog I (still) think that Peacock is playable over Passport. Sure breaking Lotus Field with it is 4 credits but that’s acutally the same cost as Zu. It does put more strain on your Special Order since you will need to look for Yog early even with your other decoder in hand but that will sometimes be a reasonably trade-off for freeing up a deckslot.

2 Likes

Clone chip did a lot of work for me all day (my list is the one from the CO regionals). It was usually just 2nd or 3rd parasite, but it did some work grabbing a Faerie and recurring a pooch as well, and being able to drop a Parasite as a paid ability is incredibly valuable when poking around with siphons and inside jobs. I didn’t have any issues with just resigning myself to always having to Special Order for Corroder, although it certainly hurts your NBN matchup a bit.

My huge issue with Peacock is Lotus on HQ super early hurts. You really don’t want to spend 3 to lay down your breaker, than another four to break every time. Rex is fine because you really shouldn’t be running through Lotus more than four times in a game, but I still prefer Passport just because that one to install can let you get off a crucial Legwork/Siphon/Shutdown, but Rex certainly let’s you worry a big deal less about remote Lotus.

Peacock was pretty awful for you in round 6 of Worlds @Ilza :smiley:

Maybe Rex isn’t so bad. Not sure I’d want 2 of them, but 1 Rex 1 Passport 1 Yog might make some sense.

3 Likes

I’m not sure that passport would have made me much happier during that game :wink: