Harmony Medtech Fast Advance

Hey guys, I’ve been messing with a Harmony Fast Advance the last couple of days. It allows for a fast agenda score, has ok money, and is spiky enough that runners stand a decent chance of dying when they make runs (I’ve won by flatline as much as by Scoring agendas). I like it a lot, but I feel like it doesn’t deal with Anarch very well, which seems bad since, like 90% of runners RN are Anarch. Any changes or suggestions would be appreciated. I like the deck a lot, so I’m hoping I can tweak it until it’s stronger. its run 6/2 on Jinteki so far, so I feel like there’s SOMETHING here.

New Corp Deck

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (9)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
2x Merger (Fear the Masses)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)

Asset (7)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Snare! (Core Set)

Upgrade (2)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (13)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
2x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x IPO (Terminal Directive)
3x Shipment from Tennin (Blood and Water)

Barrier (4)
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
3x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (6)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]
1x Macrophage i[/i]
3x Mind Game (Martial Law)

Sentry (3)
2x Cortex Lock (The Valley)
1x Guard (Honor and Profit)
12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to test the deck but I was thinking maybe you’d still appreciate some feedback even if it isn’t backed up by actual experience.

I really like the core idea.

Shipment from Tennin seems like a really good reason to revisit 2 pointer Harmony.

I love that you are brave enough to play two Merger! It’s probably the correct choice, though I suppose you’d need a decent amount of testing to figure out how much of a liability it is.

I’m not sure how much I like the ICE suite.

Most of your ICE isn’t very taxing so I worry that you are going to have a really tough time turning on Shipment from Tennin once the runner gets set up. Which is almost the opposite of when you want to be able to fall back on Fast Advance as a win condition. You have the Biotic Labors though so maybe that’s enough. Dunno!

Influence is extremely tight, but you could go for some advanceable ICE, cut the Biotic Labors and play some Trick of Light? A thought at least. Hortum can be pretty nice against Anarchs.

If you can shave influence, having some Crisium Grids would also be welcome both to turn Shipment from Tennin on and to keep you from getting Siphoned to death, which seems something that could reasonably happen here.

Good luck with the deck.

Merger is quite ok in Medtech more or less for the same reasons why GFI is so great in most corps - you lose on two agendas only if the runner happens to steal both Mergers.

1 Like

I’ve not had it happen yet, but it’s obviously very possible, so I’m always quick to score mergers first if I can (I also love the thematic concept of a biomedical company doing a bunch of Mergers).

The biotics are there, in theory, to close out the game, but if they come out in the wrong order then you’re a little screwed. I’m not sure Hortum is that good against anarch, it depends on whether they’re running yog. I’m gonna try 3xTrick of light, 3xIce Wall, 1xHortum, 1xColossus.

I was going to post this earlier, but now especially since you’ve mentioned adding Tricks, and advanceable ICE… why not just do this in Tennin instead? I wouldn’t recommend running Merger any more, but everything else is fine. For your 7th point, you can just run Clones Aren’t People or Clone Retirement. Heck, we even have a whole thread discussing exactly this. It just seems like overall a better ID for what you’re trying to accomplish.

The concept of only needing to score 3 agendas was really powerful to me, as well as having basically 9 agendas that can be fast advanced seems tantalizing. You’re right, if I’m including Advancable ice it is probably stronger out of tennin(although it means I need to change to some sort of 5/3s), which is why I was resistant to it initially. However, closing out late game has been tough particularly against anarch, so I wondered if some advancable ice that was also reasonably tough might not be bad.

Im also going to experiment with using SanSan City grids instead of biotics as well.

I’ve been playing this archetype recently (MWL 2.0) with decent results. I think the key change is adding Trick of Light to enable 6 cheap FA options. Here’s my list:

Medtech FA

Agenda (9)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (20)

Barrier (3)

• 1x Hive (Revised Core Set) ●●
  • 2x Ice Wall (Revised Core Set) ●●

Code Gate (5)

• 3x Enigma (Revised Core Set)
  • 2x Hortum (Terminal Directive) ●●●●

Sentry (2)

Other (2)

43 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

I went a different route. Lots of money, lots of recusion, big assed ICE.

The idea here is to get a lot of money very quickly, recycling into back into R&D by spamming Preemptive if necessary. Ideally, you want to be able to rez a Chiyashi on R&D by turn 2 or 3 and have some other ICE (Komainu or Kakugo) over HQ and Archives.

Cyberdex gets installed in the root of Archives if you draw it. If they run and trash it… Lol. If they don’t, you get to pop it whenever you need to score, which you do out of hand with Tennin and Labors. Best Defense is for taking out Saccon.

Medtech FA

Agenda (9)
3x Braintrust (Revised Core Set)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
2x Nisei MK II (Revised Core Set)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)

Upgrade (1)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (22)
2x Best Defense i[/i]
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●
3x Celebrity Gift (Revised Core Set)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x IPO (Terminal Directive)
3x Preemptive Action i[/i]
3x Shipment from Tennin (Blood and Water)

Barrier (6)
3x Chiyashi i[/i]
3x Kakugo (Daedalus Complex)

Code Gate (3)
3x DNA Tracker i[/i]

Sentry (3)
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

It looks like we have the same money (Hedge, IPO, Gift). I don’t think Punitive is reliable enough and has some antisynergy with the ID (fewer windows). I can’t see being able to rez more than 1 chiyashi/DNA tracker and still having enough money for multiple biotics.

I recycle my econ more. Preemptive 3x. No Punitive. Biotic is just there for when you can’t Tennin. You’re not normally trying to defend a remote, and 1x Chiyashi is normally all you need (over R&D normally).

1 Like

Wow, completely misread Preemptive as Punitive. That makes a lot more sense now :slight_smile:

Yeah. That said, you’re right: When I don’t get any econ, I am sometimes stuck with a lot of big ass ICE that I can’t rez. However, this isn’t normally the case because one Gift or Hedge into IPO sets you up pretty good and you pack full sets.

I’m probably still stuck in my “can’t play big ice because of parasite and siphon” mindset. I’ll try adding a biotic and bigger ice.

I like this.
I worry slightly about how effective it would be against de-rez strategies, but those don’t seem too popular right now. (Seeing way more Geist/Leela than Los.)

Employee Strike? Film Critic? Don’t care about either of those. This attacks the Runner meta forced on them by having EStrike/Critic/Clone Chip all on the Restricted list. So I like it.

Favorite part? You aren’t using anything from Corp Restricted list. (Honestly Kakugo probably belongs on it.)

Use Plan B, experienced players like to bite on it every single time it’s game point. If they don’t bite it’s a nice source of advancement counters for trick of light

2 Likes

I originally had Plan B in the deck, but I found it was too often useless since I couldn’t get 3 advancements on it without mushin. It also made centrals more vulnerable with its low trash cost.

Other notes after playing a few more games:
-The deck feels like it has more than enough money, Biotic and/or bigger ice might work well

-Hive is really good in this style of deck since it will always have at least 1 sub and is taxing for most of the game.

-Hortum and Ice wall are MVP ice against turtle ai, not just there for Trick of Light.

-Mother Goddess on R&D with no other ice can just shut out a few runners, keep this in mind and don’t be afraid to trash your own ice if the matchup justifies it.

-There needs to be another disincentive to running to better enable Shipment From Tennin.