Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

yeah, maybe just b/c of old shaper habits, but I was never in a position to take advantage of “haha you rezzed that when you thought it would land and now because of that you’re broke free runnnnnsssss!!?!?!.” NBN ice is dirt cheap these days and HB is super rich and just rezzes their shit anyways.

I love escher in my list (when I can fit one it) so i’ll definitely be swapping this out.

[quote=“hypomodern, post:317, topic:3752, full:true”]
How do you keep NACH up vs. NBN, though? I always find it really hard to get Film Critic and NACH and Clot and clot recursion/protection up before they cease caring
[/quote]In general, I just… didn’t. but in both my games I ended up finding both copies, and just keeping tags off until I’m on game point and suddenly all the tags in the world won’t save them - that did the trick for me. Oh! I forgot to mention - Maya sung vs. SYNC, bottom decking QPMs and fast tracks once I went tag me. (yeah, I slotted maya against your advice :smiley:

1 Like

1 sac-con is the most I’ve seen and it’s rough enough for NEH to deal with, this build is just ridiculously cruel. It does seem very light on money though for other matchups. You’re not finding yourself strapped for cash most of the game until the technical writers light up?

How long does NACH stick around for usually? Is it worth it to play, maybe dodge two tags, then steal an agenda and it’s gone? That’s the card I feel like I would drop for Escher. Also, does it work v Argus?

depends on if you also find film critic/s. Perma-clot can make even very fast decks slow to a crawl, so clicking your FC usually isn’t a big deal at all, which means NACH sticks around way longer than it should.

It can run low, the key is to really just play solo for the first few turns getting everything online, then commence to pushing the corp. You can normally play from behind just fine.

@hhooo if you meant my build, film critic handles saving NACH, but if its not out, hold NACH back after playing NACH. The main plays with it are to dodge tags from ice saving faeries, and preventing 24/7 kill, and SeaS kills in weyland.

So far testing with artist and fansite has been okay at best. Going to shuffle what my cuts were for it. Played a 24/7 haarp kill w/o FC, but 2 plascrete (thanks to art+fan) and it was great. Steamrolled.

Current testing build, less BS, more spike. Trying out fansite and colony for lots of 0 to install targets for Hayley’s ability. Seems faster, more bullshitty with colony grabbing answers on the go, for low bucks. The deck seems to run out of gas in long match ups, so maybe more aggression is the answer. Indexing might be a fine add, depending.

Colony is interesting as it lets you liberate more answers from your hand on the corp turn once its on. Clot from any angle is nice. Played vs Haarp, and while FC will probably go back in, getting Plascrete fast because you took a 3/1 that you most likely don’t care about is great. Keep clot up, get the Plascretes down, and take your time to not get midseason’ed and you’re fine. 1x FC probably fits in somewhere though to be tutored with AC. The great thing about it is that utility cards can be 1 ofs now.

2 Likes

So why is Harbinger better than Cache in Hayley again?

2 Likes

To elaborate on specifically why Cache is better than Harbinger:

-You don’t have to waste a turn pawning the face-down card. Cache is +5c for one pawnshop turn, Harbinger is +6c for two pawnshop turns. In a deck that wants to Always Be Pawning, the second pawn of Harbinger might not happen for a while (if you have an excess of things to pawn).
-You don’t blank your ID ability for a turn when you sell Cache, unlike Harbinger. (The facedown Harbinger triggers Hayley’s ability and since nothing shares a type with it, you can’t install anything.)
-You can Clone Chip / Hayley-ability the Cache midrun, because it’s your money and you need it now! This allows you to be slightly more aggressive and possibly catch the corp off-guard.

7 Likes

Since you’re leaning heavily on CyCy and Faerie, would Scavenge help your late-game matchups? You could scav a Harbinger after you trigger your ability, and sell it to Aesop’s next turn, which would solve that problem too. OTOH, what to cut…

What Harbinger has going for it is 0c, 0mu. Cache is usually better, but just thought I’d throw that out there.

3 Likes

Needing money mid run is a sign of poor planning and money management. If you’re off by 2 credits, you probably screwed up. More important is the ability to just trigger the install ability, and do so at minimal cost. While this seems like the same thing, sometimes you’re also just triggering the ability for the sake of triggering it. Not getting your ability for a turn is EASILY manageable. Also in Hayley its +1 credit per harbinger as you don’t pay the install cost of cache.

Also, MU can certainly be a problem, 0 MU is very nice.

I’d be down for scavenge, but honestly the slots.

3 Likes

MU is definitely a thing. I’m used to leaning on Chameleon but with a permanent suite Harbinger has that going for it.

I disagree that needing money mid-run is poor planning, though. With slow setup times, you need to be able to start challenging remotes as early as you can. A few extra credits gives you flexibility to save your rig if they try to trash it, get in if you need to steal a crucial agenda and need a few more credits for an Ash trace, NAPD, etc. Your deck prints money in the lategame, so if you’re playing it mid-run then you’re probably making a mistake.

2 Likes

I mean in my build, with Faerie, get 3 credits and run, thats about as much planning as you need. Nothing can really trash shit if you have 3 bucks and faerie. Yes, the difference between what you’re used to and mine is that your rig is transient with chameleon being out of your rig. I tend to have more sitting on the board. I seriously think the econ difference between the two is 100% marginal, so I fall back on the MU savings in my setup.

In my experience, if I have MU issues, I just start to sell my breakers to Aesops. Problem solved.

1 Like

nice, the “long term” solution to mu problems. Rewinding board state.

No thanks.

1 Like

I admit I was being a bit facetious with my answer there. Still, I cannot shake the feeling this is sort of the same situation as Reg-Anarch decks that “want” Memstrips for the maybe 5% of games where the 5MU doesn’t cut it. You can usually adapt, even in those cases.

In any case, you either want Cache or Harbinger; spending 6 influence + the deck space to include both is major overkill imo. And of the two, I hugely prefer Cache, as per the reasoning of @thebigunit3000 above.

My most recent list, for reference (the Faerie is a fantastic idea btw!): http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/578036

2 Likes

Seems solid, do you have issues with BS? Sun is the reason I had to ditch lady, they could just glacier up for days with spiderweb and hive stopping RnD runs until there was a huge pile of ice that I couldn’t run through reliably.

Our meta follows the hivemind so no Weyland to be found here. :stuck_out_tongue: If I go get some games in against the big W, I’ll report back. But tbh, Inti costs only 1 2 cred (edit: woops) more than Corroder to break Spiderwebs, AND it retains its strength. Should be fine, I think. Curtain Wall is of course another story…

Inti costs 5 to break spiderweb… I was playing titan who had 3bp and it still sucked!

2 Likes

Go for Snowball, yes I know but at least it laughs at Weylands 2-3 Barrier deep servers.

2 Likes