HB fast advance w/ team sponsorship

1. is HB fast advance viable at the moment?

2. I’ve gone in the direction of team sponsorship, to recur trashed ice, sansans, Adonis and to fire all the beta tests. Never played this style before though so still trying to work it out. Thoughts?

HB Fast Advance

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
3x Advanced Concept Hopper (Kala Ghoda)
2x Chronos Project (First Contact)
3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (7)
2x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]
3x Team Sponsorship (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Upgrade (3)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]☆☆ ••••• •[/color]

Operation (13)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing)
3x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (3)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]☆☆☆[/color]

Code Gate (7)
3x Turing (Breaker Bay)
2x Viktor 1.0 (Core Set)
2x Viper (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (5)
2x Architect (Up and Over) [color=#8A2BE2]☆☆[/color]
2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
1x Vikram 1.0 (Kala Ghoda)
8 influence spent (max 15-7☆=8)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Firing Beta Tests, no Pet Project, SMH.

I did have it in, but thought with sponsorship I have enough recursion, and being able to score chronos out of hand is great

I would think that the Team Sponsorships would work best with more assets and upgrade econ, as opposed to all of the operation econ you are running (GLC, BLC).

Maybe 3x Adonis, 2x Eve, 3x BBG, 2xGLC?

Also, I’d consider dropping 1 CP for a Pet Project.

Sponsorhip isn’t going to live longer than a turn unless you do something very drastic against Whizz. (Assuming beating that deck is the goal here) Chronos doesn’t do much to actually help you win the game usually, in my experience. But reanimating with DHPP can get you ahead long enough to actually squeak it out.

If you’re playing more against shaper, than sure, 2x Chronos makes sense, but it doesn’t seem like it with only one CVS.

I messed with this for a little bit
ETF Sponsorship City Grid

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (12)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Chronos Project
2x Domestic Sleepers
2x Global Food Initiative ••
3x Project Vitruvius
1x The Future is Now

Asset (11)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Launch Campaign
3x Team Sponsorship

Upgrade (5)
2x Breaker Bay Grid
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite
2x SanSan City Grid ☆☆ ••••• •

Operation (6)
1x Biotic Labor
3x Hedge Fund
2x Shipment from SanSan ••

Barrier (4)
3x NEXT Silver
1x Wall of Static

Code Gate (6)
3x NEXT Bronze
3x Turing

Sentry (4)
2x Ichi 1.0
2x Vikram 1.0

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

NEXT was decent, could bring it back against Parasite if I scored. It wasn’t terrible but overall it felt kinda lack luster and I moved on to other decks.

This is actually the shell for this deck: Netrunner - The Art of Running Ep. 1 - Travis (HB Fast Advance) vs. Holly (Noise) - YouTube

But Travis changed a lot of the FA into Food style.

NEXT does really well with EBC to get the extra rez’s in so you’ll be at maximum strength.

Your build looks closer to Foodcoats than FA. Foodcoats will want to score 3 agendas, Food and 2x 3/2’s, which invalidates the Domestic Sleepers. So I don’t know if the Sleepers are doing much work for you.

If you have a means of burying the GFI, then they aren’t terrible to keep the agenda density down, but if you are stuck holding them in a deck dependent upon FA, then they become a liability that the runner can score, but you cannot.

The Sleepers were mainly to trigger Sponsorship, which was always awesome. Yeah GFI was almost never scored, but it was better than putting in 3 other agendas. Like I said, it wasn’t terrible but it probably needs help to be consistently good.

Sleepers is the worst thing in the world against Turntable. Pretend they’re on fire, and then remove them from your deck at an appropriate speed if you see orange cards anywhere.

3 Likes

Yeah I considered that but with this deck I can’t put breaker bay and Sansan in the same server, so the San San is the thing I want to protect. That gets rid of Eve too because it takes too long to tick down.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/397244

This has been a blast to play for me lately. Swapping SanSan for Director Haas (yes, indeed) does admittedly has its downsides, but the upsides are huge:

• You get enough influence to include 3 elis, 3 architects and 3 NAPDs
  • It can be rezzed for free with BBG, unlike the SanSans
  • An additional click EACH TURN is way more flexible than scoring agendas for 1 less.

If you sense the runner is coming to trash it, install e.g. an Adonis over it. Otherwise, if they do get it, it’s an expensive NAPD (aside from Whizzard ofc).

I’d like to include Team Sponsorships, but man space is really tight these days.

1 Like

I’ve played the director FA before, it’s solid. But, I do like them in pairs. It’s weaker out of R&D, but it allows you to install two, and if they run the rezzed one, rez the other so they don’t get points from it. Play gets a little intricate, but with sponsorship it is strong.

2 Likes