Imaginary Cards

I like the design of Corporate Town and how you can have assets that mess up the runner if they aren’t quickly removed. How about another one for Weyland that lets them kill the runner without having to import NBN cards? As a side benefit, it’s a target for Helium-3 Deposit.

Corporate Death Squad
Asset 0 Rez 6 Trash

As an additional cost to Rez Corporate Death Squad, forfeit an agenda. At the start of your turn, put a power counter on Corporate Death Squad and deal meat damage to the runner equal to the number of powers counters on Corporate Death Squad.

“You can run but you can’t run forever.”

Weyland 4 Inf

4 Likes

Though assets that need agendas to be forfeit are really cool, this is less of a Corporate Town, more of an “if I rez this when you’re around 0 credits, I win”. Obviously, it’s hard to find a balance between “this is something worth forfeiting an agenda for” and “rezzing this means I win”, but I feel like you want to make this a static amount of damage or cap it at 2 or 3 and change the numbers. Even if the effect wasn’t crazy (it basically says win the game in three turns with no further click/credit investment required), this card also just has really, really good numbers which makes it extra scary.

1 Like

Nah cause you run Muresh Bodysuit & it’s all good

4 Likes

Maybe change this to an IT dept-style ability where you may spend a power counter to do x meat damage, where x is the number of power counters remaining. Still powerful, but needs some support (Hiro, brain damage, or time) and isn’t a constantly escalating threat with no cost to the corp.

I think if Corporate Death Squad needs to be nerfed, I’d probably change to be something like “Click, Trash: Deal meat damage to the runner equal to the number of power counters” instead of doing the meat damage automatically.

The flavor I was going for was a slow death where the corporate death squad slowly homed in on the runner and mechanically, I think if corporation can defend a remote server for 5 turns, they deserve to win the game. Might be a problem if combined with caprice/ash but caprice combined with anything is a problem.

2 Likes

I think a slow death could be something that works. Maybe something like the following?

Chimera Protection Services
Weyland Operation - Current
Cost: 3 - Inf: 4

This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is stolen.

At the end of your turn, you may pay 3 [credits]. At the beginning of the Runner’s turn, do 2 meat damage to the runner.

What’s the target?

Protection and Insurance Division
Weyland Asset - Grey Ops
Rez: 4 - Trash: 3 - Inf: 3

When the Runner’s turn begins, deal the runner 1 meat damage unless the he or she pays 1 [credit]

The money is for your protection, terrible things can happen in this city.

4 Likes

What about something like this:?

Corporate Death Squad
Asset - 0 Rez - 5 Trash

As an additional cost to Rez Corporate Death Squad, forfeit an agenda.

At the start of your turn, place a power counter on Corporate Death Squad. The runner may pay 2c to prevent this.

18c, 6 hosted power counters: Deal 10 meat damage to the runner. The cost of this ability is reduced by 1 for each power counter on Corporate Death Squad.

Weyland 4 Inf

The numbers can be tweaked obviously, but I think it’s important to give the runner ample time to deal with a game ending threat in case it gets installed in some sort of crazy server that locks them out with multiple very powerful ice and upgrades.

2 Likes

Weyland asset. - new technology
4 rez 8 trash 2 inf

As an additional cost to rez this card, forfeit an agenda or pay 4 credits and spent 1 click.

When you rez this card, remove up to 2 bad publicity.

All ice has plus 2 strength. All ice has "when the runner encounters this ice the runner loses 1 credit. "

You may play an additional agenda or non ambush asset in this server.

I don’t think 4c and [click] is equal to an agenda forfeit (since even hostile takeover take at least 4 clicks and 2 credits to deploy)

I love the Asset.

The Current looks workable, as well. Something like City Surveillance with Meat damage instead could be good.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s hard to get the balance on these right so I’d be open to suggestions for costings. Additionally, I think the asset (definitely based on City Surveillance) would be interesting in a rush deck. It forces the runner to accelerate their game plan which is what you want. Either:

A) They continue to go slow so you drain their creds or cards
B) They go fast without being properly set up so they risk being scorched.

The current I see as being more useful in a glacier deck build. Its expensive to maintain so you need to be in a good position economically. The upside being that the runner’s clicks are compressed because they need to redraw and put down cards they don’t want to lose, or try to run to kill the current without being able to draw back up risking more death.

It’s the surprise factor, since you can’t rez it on the runners turn without forfeiting an agenda. Costing 8 is a drawback enough, but 4 and an agenda in the right situation might be worth it. I was considering letting it add trash program subroutines that the runner could pay money to avoid, but that seemed complicated. I think having a power card is what weyland wants, especially something that acts as an upgrade that can be tutored for. It’s not op, I don’t think.

This is twice as much text as any card can support. Also severely broken in every way, especially in a world with BBG

OK, I challenge you to tell me why it’s broken then. Breaker bay grid never did me too many favors in weyland. It is a lot of text, which is why we need shorthand for the forfeit requirement by now haha

I also think this is very overpowered. I see it the combination of the following cards and abilities

Play witness tampering (except it not a double). Play patch on all of your ice currently installed and all future ice you will install. In addition each ice becomes a minibooth. You don’t need to protect this because it goes in your server with ash/caprice whatever defensive upgrades you have available.

If you agree, I would propose the following changes:

Weyland Asset - new Technology
6 rez 8 trash 3 inf

When you rez New Technology, install 3 cards form archives or HQ ignoring all install costs.

All ice has +1 strength.

If New Technology is trashed while being accessed, add it to the runner’s score area worth 1 point.

I would say that +2 STR and a Turnpike on every ICE is much too powerful, even to rez for 8c and a click. Add to that the fact that it doesn’t require another remote for scoring and I think it’s a very powerful card. Basically I think with two effects that strong (disregarding the BP which is good in its own right), the card is either always undercosted or has to be costed so much that it would never see play. just my opinion. Your version would be insanely powerful in RP, it could even immediately replace Ash.

2 Likes

So then make it so only weyland wants to play it, 5 inf 6 rez, no agenda point for the runner if trashed. It’s not THAT powerful, but it’s a must trash for certain runners that give weyland a hard time

Not to mention it’s off color pie in multiple ways. This pretty well establish HB - NBN turf, even fluffwise.

Bolstering ICE strength has been seen in Weyland with Patch, and Paywall hurts the Runner economically (although I always felt thematically Paywall Implementation would be something handled by a company like NBN). I don’t think the problem is the theme; Corps shouldn’t be pigeon-holed anyway, IMO.

@cmcadvanced I would actually like it more as a current. Perhaps a 3 influence current that gives every piece of ICE a Turnpike clause. It would give some ‘teeth’ to all of Weyland’s barriers, for one thing.

I actually like that idea a lot. Weyland is ‘supposed’ to be the impenetrable Corp, so making all their ICE more taxing seems fair. Alternatively, a current that adds an ETR sub to every piece of rezzed ICE would be cool and thematic. Makes a lot of Weyland ICE a lot better, like Negotiator and Caduceus. Even Taurus becomes pretty damn good.

Lock Out
Weyland - Operation - Current
3c - 3 inf
Each piece of rezzed ICE gains “–> End the run” after all its other subroutines.

It could maybe be 4c but I think that’s too expensive for a current. I think this card would actually be positive in many ways. It would force Runners to slow down a bit versus Weyland, since ideally you want to make 1 high-impact run and get rid of Lock Out ASAP. This would give Weyland additional time to set up some decent servers. Two, it allows Weyland a lot of freedom to play different ICE.

Alternatively, Lock Out could tax the Corp 1 credit every turn, which represents the cost to maintain the lock out.

4 Likes

If weyland only gets green stuff, they will suck forever. You’re forgetting things like cerebral cast and hellion alpha test too, though those aren’t the best cards, they don’t exactly mesh with existing play styles of thirty respective factions. I think making a card too powerful at first gives way to better ideas, that current @moistloaf proposed it’s definitely cool. That mega card could be a number of different cards. Even an upgrade that gave all ice additional strength wouldn’t be too crazy, weyland has research station, and HB has cybernetics court.