Imaginary Cards

3/1 agenda (neutral?) AV Initiative

When this agenda is scored or stolen purge viruses

comments?

2 Likes

Still pretty underpowered for a 3/1. I’d give it a purge on encounter effect instead of on steal, and give it 2-3 agenda counter when scored that can insta-purge.

2 Likes

Also not really sure why you’d run it over CVS.

I was thinking you could run it in addition. Make R&D a little more resilient to Medium.

With respect to @hbarsquared comments, it seems like giving a couple more virus purges would be overpowered. Maybe a “remove from the game” ability that trashes an installed virus?

1 Like

Leukyoctye
ICE: Sentry, Destroyer
NBN
Rez 3
Inf 2
Strength 0

When Leukyoctye is rezzed, purge virus counters. Virus programs may not be hosted on this card.
→ Trash 1 Virus program

Yes, it’s very narrow, and probably not worth including in most decks. But it’s immune to Parasite, and deals with medium digs or Imps or various other issues. Not super useful against Clot unless you can rez ice on a corp turn, but that’s fine.

1 Like

Another ETR barrier for Weyland?
ICE Barrier
Str 1
Rez 2.
1 sub ETR.
At the beginning of the runner’s turn, you may rez this ICE (paying all costs).
1 influence

Doesn’t have to be in Weyland, but fits the color pie. It’s just a little extra cost for anti-Blackmail (and D-Dos) tech. Probably makes sense for the faction that gets the most Bad Pub.

Power Interference
Weyland Operation
cost : 2 - inf : 4

Name an installed runner card and place 2 power counters on it. While there is a power counter on the chosen card, its text box is blank. At the beginning your turn, remove a power counter from the named card.

Potentially pretty strong with He3 deposits as you could try chaining agenda scores if you choose an icebreaker. Choosing Atman or D4 would be hysterical and hitting d4v1d might be what weyland needs. Thoughts on power level?

1 Like

Being able to choose any installed runner card feels a bit too strong. Maybe just one of Programs/Resources/Hardware?

How would this work with runner cards that already have power counters (Atman, Study Guide)?

@hbarsquared As written, this card would effectively blank atman, d4v1d, studyguide, and plascrete semi-permanently. They would only get their textbox back when they went down to 0 power counters. Currently written I think it would better typed as a current so there is more counterplay, but given how well Wiz can recur ES, it doesn’t seem like it would work well. I’m not too worried about any of the program given that most shapers can recur a program or two, and Anarchs packs multiple d4s. Eliminating plascrete would be pretty strong however.

@Waltzard I think program would be the best option personally as its a card that would actually help weyland score.

1 Like

NBN Operation 2 inf

Search the runners stack for any number of copies of an installed runner card and trash them. You may take 2 bad publicity to remove 1 from the game

Cybersecurity Conference (unique) (4c)
Resource - Connection -Location
You can’t make runs.
When your turn begins, put a power counter on Cybersecurity Conference and draw a card.
Lower the install cost of the first card you install each turn by 1 for each power counter on Cybersecurity Conference.
When your turn ends, you may trash Cybersecurity Conference and make a run.
(3 SUNNY Influence)

1 Like

Rogue AI Chip.
Adam. Resource - Directive. 2 cost 3 inf

As an additional cost to remove a tag, you must spend click or 2 credits.

If there is an agenda in your score area and an agenda in the Corp score area, you may remove this card from the game. If you do, you may remove an agenda in your score area to choose one line of text on a directive card. Ignore that line of text for the rest of the game.

Becoming Superhuman/Blending In
Adam Hardware. 0 cost. 4 inf.

You may start the game with this installed if it is in your opening hand.

Search your stack for a single copy of any number of genetics, cybernetics or cards with those subtypes in their text and install them paying all costs, and reducing the cost of the first card of each type by 1

“Greetings, fellow human! It is a lovely day, as we can both see with our human eyes! This one is cybernetic, but I assure you that is because it replaced my inferior organic eye. Yes, a lovely day surely gets the blood that we both have pumping! I can show you if you do not believe me!”

That said, is this meant to be a “When is installed” effect? It looks like it’s set up as a one time thing, but then I don’t see why you have it listed as Hardware.

I would like to see another directive for some more options. Is Rogue AI Chip meant to differ from a “forfeit an agenda” cost in some way?

I’ve been building some Adam Cards, among others a new directive.

Explore your origins
●●●○○ (Adam) 0credit
Resource - Virtual - Directive
The first time each turn you make a successful run on a central server each turn, gain 1[credit].
The first time each turn you make a successful run on a remote server each turn, lose 1[credit], if able.
After discovering he could defy his directives, a thought struck Adam: “what do I want?”

Since you pick your directives before each game, having a fourth one allows you to tailor your strategy against whatever decks you face. I wanted to make something for him to gain creds, and if central servers are the hubs of information, it makes sense that he’d want to go there.

Lovegood’s Adjustments (unique)
●●●●● (Adam) 2credit
Hardware - Mod
The first time each turn you break a subroutine on a piece of ICE that wasn’t rezzed this turn, gain [click].
“Well, now you know what it does. Better luck next time.”

One of Adam’s themes is adapting and evolving, so I wanted to make a card to reflect that. Once Adam (and Lovegood) learns what they’re up against, they can prepare to deal with it more efficiently. It’s also the answer to the question “What would a 5-influence mini-faction card look like?”

5 Likes

I know in another thread, a while back, there was some talk of needing more ice that does something outside of subroutines. I could see that being a bit dangerous because not all runners run ice destruction, but what about using Traps or other built-in self-trash methods? Something like this, to tie into, say, Argus’ theme?

Dragnet [1c]
Ice - Trap
At the start of your turn, if the runner is not tagged, gain 2c.
→ Give the runner 1 tag, then, if the runner has 2 or more tags, trash Dragnet
“It’ll find her. And if it doesn’t, it’ll automatically generate a request to the client for more funding to find her. Win-win.”
Str 1
Weyland 1 inf.

2 Likes

I like both of these, though I’m not sure if he needs another directive.

I don’t know. Some variety, some uncertainty to him could give him an edge. What if you could leave out Safety First if you expect to go up against a Scorch deck, or leave out Always Be Running against, say, PE?

1 Like

Lazy formatting.

When installed, for sure. It’s hardware cause it’s tutorable and why not. I meant to say forfeit an agenda, I just forgot how that was worded for a minute.

Exactly me point. Since Adam picks his directives before each game, having the option to pick and choose even just a little would allow him tremendous flexibility.