Imaginary Cards

Adam isn’t competitive, giving him flexibility just seems like it would be fairer, if anything.

While my brewers’ pride prevents me from agreeing with you that Adam isn’t competitive, I’ll agree that he’s not tier-1. Giving him flexibility with his directives would open up a whole new world for him.

Also, we were discussing a while back what an Adam Icebreaker would look like. In the end, I saw a design I liked, and worked a bit more on it.

Expert System (1c)
●●○○○ (Adam)
Program - Icebreaker (1MU)
Whenever the corp rezzes a piece of ICE, you may host Expert system on that piece of
ICE if it’s not alredy hosted on a piece of ICE.
1$: Break 1 subroutine on host ICE.
Limit 6 per deck
STR: 6

This twist on Knight has a few important differences:
You cannot move it around.
You cannot host it on a piece of ICE that is already rezzed.

This means that you need to install it, and then run, seeing if the corp rezzes, and decide if that ICE is worth your Expert System. The “Consumer-grade” limit allows for some more liberal use

The flavour is that Adam devotes a piece of his internal processing to the specific code of a certain Intrusion Countermeasure.

4 Likes

This is but one path to the dark side. Soon you’ll be cursing Exile’s name, doing anything you can in a bid for power. You will have visions of Data and Destiny boxes burning, with Andromeda and Whizzard looking down upon the madness. Kind of like the artwork to run amok. That’s your brewers dream.

Honestly though, Adam is good, but if he’s not Tier 1, meh. If I can’t feel good about playing it against the cool kids, I don’t want to play it against the cool kids.

Edit: Here’s a card to keep it on topic.

Futurist Report
Sunny Event. 1 Inf. 1 cost

Search your stack for a current and play it ignoring all costs,

Cause why can’t it be desirable to use a tutor rather than the actual card?

I really like that, actually. It’s cheap to install and doesn’t need pumping, which cuts back a little on Adam’s heavy reliance on neutral resources for money, and the consumer-grade aspect takes away the main drawback of burning through them when the corp just installs over the ice. It doesn’t solve all your problems on its own (Wraparound sticks out as one of the more common ones), but that’s why you have ABR and a handful of imported breakers. Or include cmcadvanced’s Becoming Superhuman to fetch Net-ready Eyes for that crucial +1.

2 Likes

Frozen Assets
NBN
Asset: Ambush
0 rez, 4 trash

If the runner accesses Frozen Assets while it is installed, you may pay 2c to move all of his or her credits to Frozen Assets if there are no credits on Frozen Assets. If the runner trashes Frozen Assets, he or she receives all credits hosted on Frozen Assets.

When your turn begins, take 1c from Frozen Assets, if able.

3 Likes

The order of operations seem to make this REALLY strong, or at least REALLY annoying. Every time the runner accesses it to try to trash it, the corp gets another chance to take away all the runner’s money, including the money they would be using to trash the asset. Unless you’re playing Whizzard/using Scrubber or Imp, you need to make sure the corp is at 0-1c to get it, and the corp can just install over it to flush your money down the drain.

Well, there’s Political Operative and Drive By (assuming you don’t rez it, but why wouldn’t you once there’s money on it?), too, but that has enough higher priority targets already.

3 Likes

Good catch, definitely not working as intended. I added a “if there are no credits on Frozen Assets” to mitigate this.

1 Like

Continuing my streak of dropping cards for the Mini-factions, here are some for Apex:

Infestation (0$)
●●●○○ (Apex)
Resource - Virtual
When you install grid Infestation, name a Region.
The text box of the named region is blank.
Trash Grid infestation when a rezzed copy of that Region is trashed.
_"The anomaly... it's everywhere! We can't work under these conditions!"_

Designed to beat up Apex’s enemy number 1, Crisium Grid, as well as other annoying regions like SanSan and Breaker Bay Grid.

The Void Between (2$) (unique)
●●●●○ (Apex)
Resource - Virtual
When you install The Void Between, put a power counter on it for each Corp server minus 1.
Whenever the Corp creates a server, put a Power counter on the Void between.
Hosted Power counter: Install the top card of your stack facedown.
Hosted Power counter: Return an installed card to your Grip.

Between every server, there is the uncharted net. This is where Apex roams. Whenever the Corp it has decided to eat creates new servers, it’s a map to new space to harness. How Apex uses the empty, uncharted net is beyond any of us, but the more the anomaly can grow and roam free, the stronger it gets…

Scent (5$)
●●●○○ (Apex)
Event - Run
Make a run on R&D. If successful, instead of accessing cards, reveal cards 
from the top of R&D until you reveal an agenda. Add the revealed agenda to HQ and 
install all other revealed cards facedown as Runner cards. (When these cards are 
trashed, place them in Archives).

Oh, how I pined on this card. It’s such a powerful effect, and yet so unique. It gives Apex resources and guarantees an Agenda in HQ, but it’s more than that. It denies the corp cards in a new and interesting way. Not sure about the cost, maybe it should be a double, maybe not. Though I like the idea of playing this ON your Apocalypse turn, to push HQ into a vulnerable position.

Invasion (3$)
●●●●● (Apex)
Event - Priority
Play only as your first (click).
Choose a central server. The corp removes from the game all cards 
protecting and in the root of that server facedown.
When your turn ends, the corp returns all the removed cards to that server in any order, 
and may rez any number of them, ignoring their costs.

Aaaand, Apex’ 5-influence card. Choose a single server, and for a single turn, PUNISH that server like it’s the first turn of the game. Hit it like it’s never been hit before. Use any and all Mediums, Turning Wheel-counters, and multiaccess events you have available to give the corp a turn they will never forget. Because when it ends, you might never get in again…

2 Likes

Scent seems crazy strong. Against a low-density deck, late game, I’m not even looking for those agendas. I’m playing 3 of these to deck you faster than a 3-on-1 team of Noise clones could ever hope to. And chaining them by getting a bunch more face-down cards to get in for the next one. Might be a bit more sensible with a low limit to how many cards you take out of the deck. 3, maybe? 5 or so if you make it a Double?

Invasion does weird things with card state that could get a few dozen posts on the FAQ thread, I’m sure, but not having to remember order or card state smooths out the worst potential problems. It seems a bit strong considering how many clicks and credits may have gone into protecting R&D, but it lacks synergy with Apocalypse by protecting the removed cards. I’d worry about it most combined with Scent-as-is.

Other than that, looks interesting. Infestation isn’t very newbie-friendly, but it would hardly be unique in that regard. I’d worry more about The Void Between’s easy uninstall if it weren’t 4 influence. If you’re spending that much influence to pack that to reset lady or protect your AI from a Swordsman, you deserve it.

1 Like

Underworld Informant
Criminal Resource
4 install, 4 influence.
Whenever you shuffle your deck, afterward you may look at the top 3 cards and arrange them in any order.

Partly an attempt to make Windfall playable without trashing your deck and doing weird Trope shenanigans, partly also just a kind of cool power that helps you out for playing search effects that you already want to do. But he’s a hefty install and won’t trigger too much.

Black Market
Criminal Resource
3 install, 4 influence
Click: Play an Event from your heap, paying all costs. Remove it from the game afterward. Use this ability only once per turn.

Not quite recursion, but lets you get one more use out of those events that Criminals love so much.

3 Likes

Wow, this card is strong! It’s absolutely recursion, and strong one as well. Just being able to recur all of your Account Siphons is extremely strong, not to mention Legworks and Maker’s Eyes. I’d make the cost (click)(click) at least.

Removing from the game is pretty steep, you’d obviously only do it when you were going to win, or had no other way of getting them back, but it seems to be what Criminal wants. I mean, that has to fix them, right?

3 cost criminal event 2 inf

Accomplices

Draw and reveal cards from your stack until you reveal a run event and play it ignoring all costs. You may either trash the rest of the cards revealed, remove a connection from the game, or take 1 tag for each two cards revealed this way

A thought I just had on an Adam econ card, for his version of the Day Job or Magnum Opus turn:

•All Work and No Play (0c)
Resource - Directive - Virtual
When your turn begins, lose all [click]. Gain 2c for each [click] you lost.

When your turn ends, if you have at least 15c, trash All Work and No Play and make a run.
3 Influence - Adam

3 Likes

I made a card of my dog.

2 Likes

Dog sitting experience would have me wholeheartedly agree.

Pup 2: Electric Boogaloo

1 cost 3 str sentry 1 inf

The next time a corp card deals damage or the runner would take damage during this turn, increase that damage by 2 (1 if the runner pays 1 credit when encountering)

A little help from my friends
Neutral Event - Current - 3c - 2 inf
This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is scored
Choose a runner identity from any faction other than your own. You are considered to have the combined abilities and link of both the chosen ID and your own.
If ‘A little help from my friends’ is trashed, remove it from the game.

Some fun combo ideas with this card:
Geist/Haley to set up programs/resources fast
Stealth Andy/Kate for a cheaper setup
Anything/Whizzard for asset spam tech
Any shaper/Leela after an indexing to set the corp back even more
Adam/Apex/Sunny + Anything for an actual ability :wink:

What ideas do you guys have?

Thinking on if there’s only going to be one card for the mini-factions, what could they be (whilst staying on theme).

Documentation Pending (0c)
●●●○○ (Sunny)
Event: Current
[Current Text]
Whenever the corp would score an agenda, force them to “trace0 - If unsuccessful trash Documentation Pending and that agenda cannot be scored this turn”

Forces FA and rush to either spend a chunk of money or slow down their scoring by a turn.

Ontological Mapping (1c 2MU Unique)
●●●○○ (Adam)
Program: Icebreaker - Decoder - Fracter
Ontological Mapping’s strength is equal to the number of cards in your grip.
3c; Place 1 power counter on Ontological Mapping
Hosted power counter; break a barrier or code gate subroutine.

A breaker that ties into Adam’s late game strengths (including a in faction use for multithreader) without being particularly good early. Lets Adam save influence without speeding him up. Also good for Nasir!

Blasphemous Geometries (3c Unique)
●●●○○ (Apex)
Resource: Virtual
Whenever an event would be trashed from play, install it facedown instead.
Trash 3 installed cards: this run is considered successful and all rezzed ice as having been passed for the purposes of card abilities. Use this ability only during a run.

Lets lean on Apex’s weirdness by giving it an enabler, and give it a way to get extra value from events. Note if the run is ended you still don’t get an access step even if its successful so this wouldn’t turn on Siphon.

2 Likes

Virtual insanity
3c - Apex inf 3
Event: current - icebreaker - AI
Each time you encounter an ice, pay 1c or etr after passing that ice.
1c : +1
1c : Break 1 sub
Str 0

This event is a program for trash program and recurrent credit abilities.

+blah-blah current text.

Nota bene: Currents are NOT installed cards (Apocalypse ftw, until the corp mark or play a current).

This message is sponsorized by the Save Digital Entities Comitee.

1 Like

I wonder if this will be a thing soon (or something similar)

Dry Protocol
Event Current
Weyland 0 cost 2 inf
Whenever the Runner makes an unsuccessful run he or she takes a tag.

2 Likes

I was bored.

Operation Shock and Awe
Operation: Current - Grey Ops, Cost 3, Weyland Inf 1

This card is not trashed until another current is played or a agenda is stolen. If this card would be trashed by a agenda being stolen, you may pay 2c and put it in HQ instead.

The runner must take a tag as a additional cost to trash a Weyland asset or upgrade.
"For the safety of those who put their faith in us to protect them, we will not rest until those criminals responsible for the recent attacks have been brought to justice. - Placeholder McMann, head of Argus Security

2 Likes