Imaginary Cards

Not Titanium Ribs

Criminal Hardware - Cybernetics
3 cost

Whenever you expose a card (not through a program or hardware effect), gain click.

Why doesn’t this exist?
Why shouldn’t it?

2 Likes

Just because I’ve been playing around with Nisei again:

Precog Investment (2c)
Operation - Psi - Transaction
Gain 7c. Secretly spend 0, 1, or 2 credits. The runner guesses how many credits you spent. If the runner guessed correctly, he or she may gain 3c or draw a card.
●●●○○ (Jinteki)

It strongly limits the design space for expose effects. I don’t know if that’s a bad thing, but it’s something.

Making it the first time and a cheaper install might be a better idea

I feel like you can’t really abuse expose effects that aren’t snitch, and silhouette would essentially get another click for running on hq, maybe giving her reason to play Doppelganger, if not Blackguard.

Pooh, Blackguard, I just realized it would have to restrict hardware too

Here’s one I really wish existed right now:

Financial Coercion
Asset - Ambush
Weyland 0 Cost, 1 inf

Financial Coercion can be advanced.

If you pay 1c when the Runner accesses Financial Coercion, the Runner must trash two of his or her installed cards for each advancement token on Financial Coercion.

This would be a great new ambush for rush decks. You just want to set them back and this would do so in a way that is less powerful but more genertally applicable than Aggressive Secretary or the like.

1 Like

23 seconds wasn’t spoiled when you thought this up but it combos with GPI Net Tap, Au Revoir and an ice the corp can’t rez for infinite credits.

4 Likes

Yerrrrrrrrrrp fixd

Haven’t visited this thread in ages. Not out of lack of interest; I just fell behind too many posts.

Relic
Weyland - 3 influence
Code Gate
Subroutines on Relic can only be broken by a decoder.
5 Rez - 4 STR
• Remove all counters from an installed Runner card.
• End the run.
“Once something is old enough to be forgotten, it becomes new again.”

It can wipe Plascretes, D4, Atman, Earthrise, and viruses alike. Perhaps worthy of 6 Rez for 4 STR or 5 Rez for 3 STR. I was hoping to keep it out of Yog range.

3 Likes

In honor of 23 seconds and the more violent relationship it is kicking off between the corps and the runners…some kill deck cards.

Signs of the Singularity
HB Operation
Cost 4, Current

Gain 1 cred whenever the runner spends a click in order to break a subroutine on a piece of bioroid ice. This card is not trashed until the runner steals an agenda or another current is played.

Feels like there should be a way for HB to profit from folks clicking through their ice. Cost of 4 might not be exactly right…

“Our bioroids are learning from every encounter. It won’t be long now before we reach a critical mass…”

Clone Frame Job
Jinteki Asset

Rez cost 2, Trash cost 5

The runner cannot rez non-seedy contact resources.

Jinteki can make a clone of you and ruin your rep. No one will associate with you until you clear your name.

“Kati, Kati, that wasn’t me! I would never… …damn it.”

We Know Who You Love
NBN Asset

Rez cost 4, trash cost 1. We Know Who You Love may only be rezzed while the runner is tagged. The runner cannot run on any other server. At the start of their turn the runner may forfeit a stolen agenda from the game in order to remove We Know Who You Love.

It seems like NBN could figure out who the runner cares about and put pressure on them. The runner either has to get into that server and delete that information, or be unable to act against the corp for fear they’d pull the plug on Granny’s life support. Saccing the agenda represents the runner resolving to let the corp do its worst, and the anguish this would result in.

“I’m not saying that you are this mysterious criminal. I’m just saying that if she keeps messing around in our business then, regrettably, we might not have the capability to make sure your kids make it back from your partner’s place tonight.”

Project Weybug
Weyland Asset - Ambush

Project Weybug can be advanced. If the runner accesses Project Weybug, the corp can spend a credit in order to trash a resource for every advancement counter on Project Weybug. These trashings may not be prevented.

Explanation: Everyone else has an advancable trap or two, why not the boys in green? Corp Town proves that asset trashing is in their ballpark. We don’t have an ambush for that yet… feels like it works.

“We can make you radioactive. No one will house you. No one will help you. You stand alone against us.”

DIAF
Neutral, 4 influence
Operation
Cost 10 creds

Play DIAF only as your first click, and only if the runner has at least as many tags as they have cards in their grip. Sacrifice two agendas as an additional cost to play DIAF.

Trace 4: if successful, the runner is flatlined.

I’ve always thought it was a bit silly that the mega corp can know literally everything about a runner and not be able to just merc them. Beyond that, having a threshhold of tag/score that the runner cannot protect themselves from seems interesting.

“Gentlemen, the charts speak for themselves. Our quarterlies can be dramatically improved if something happens to this one guy.”

2 Likes

Domino - 3
Criminal Resource - •••
Whenever you steal an agenda from HQ, you may pay 2c. If you do, access a card from HQ.
“Keep your friends close. But not too close.” -Leela Patel

1 Like

Love the ideas for flavor, the costs for some might be too high, specifically that current. It would take too many turns to break even, much less make a profit. And clicking through a Bioroid is the surest way to remove a Corp current. The flatline thing is cool, it’s tough to accomplish, and bypasses damage protection. Sacrificial Clone meta anyone?

@moistloaf Track the thread, it’s the best one on Stimhack haha.

@greyfield You sir…are on to something.

What about an AI for crim? Don’t know if it’s been done upthread, but something like:

Keychain - 4
Criminal AI icebreaker - •••
1c: break ICE subroutine
Keychain gets +1 STR for each different connection you have
STR 0

It counts only different connections so it’s not that easy to abuse, and like this it couldn’t help early siphons because it needs some setup to start doing it’s work well.

3 Likes

I’m not sure that the setup requirement really helps criminals as a whole, but I could see using this as, say, an Off-Campus Iain’s signature breaker. 3 turns of set-up, not minding if the corp gets an early lead, then you could threaten just about anything.

Weyland
Net Sludge - unique
2 Rez / 4 trash
The runner must pay 1 credit in order to initiate a run

Was talking with a friend recently about ways to do Criminal recursion. Figured it can’t be too insanely good and should be situational. I figured maybe this effect could be interesting, since it is also balanced by criminals weak draw access. The numbers might have to be tweaked a bit.

Data Recovery
1 credit, Criminal Event, 3 influence

Make a run on HQ. If successful, instead of accessing cards, shuffle up to three cards from your heap into your stack and remove Data Recovery from the game.

2 Likes

It’s interesting, but sadly, it doesn’t help Criminal to not lose the game because they have no breakers and adds even more fuel to the Siphon fire :frowning:

Interesting thought, but you lost me at “yet another Criminal card that requires a successful run on HQ”. Especially if you’re using it for recursion, which you’re likely doing because you lost a breaker that you need to get in to what’s likely the best-defended server at the time. Maybe get the cards without a replacement effect (use w/ Patron to maybe draw them again!), and/or make it any central, and/or you get to put something into your grip or at least on top of the stack? That would slow it down if you’re worried about overshadowing Retrieval Run for some reason, while making it slightly more flexible.

Yeah, not a replacement effect, it’s already inefficient enough as is.

Stander Public Relations: Reputation Management
Identity: Corp -45/15 - Weyland Consortium
Click, $2: Remove 1 bad publicity.

Could be really powerful or really weak. Hard Val counter, but also allows you to play Grim, Hostile, etc with a lot less risk.

2 Likes