Imaginary Cards

HB Identity.

45/12

All ice has +2 Str. Each piece of ice gets -1 rez cost for each bad publicity the Corp has.

Thinking about a new HB id for the Flashpoint cycle that wouldn’t be better in EtF (i.e. cares about installing/is an economic effect) and thought some riffs on agenda scoring might be good.

Haas-Bioroid: Sensum In Silico
Identity: Megacorp
45/12
Whenever you score an agenda, shuffle installed programs with combined MU equal or less than the agenda points of the scored agenda into the runners Stack.

Suitable to a rushing style of play where quick agenda scores will set back the runners rig and keep gear check ice operational for longer.

Haas-Bioroid: Virtual Universes
Identity: Megacorp
45/12
Whenever you score an agenda, you may reveal any number of agendas from HQ and trigger their “when scored” ability if able.

Already part of the HB colour pie and is synergistic with their HQ boosting and FA effects. Obviously has the downside of signalling where the agendas are :). Bonkers with Director Haas’s Pet Project, but something should be!

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of Sensum in Silico, just because I think it is a fairly important part of Netrunner’s ‘notion’ of itself that a runner who isn’t running is mostly impervious. There are a few assets and cumbersome ways to mess with them, but in general the runner who minds their own business is mostly safe. In particular, their rig is not even in operation, and it is getting messed with in a way that is unpreventable? If a deck doesn’t have Wyldside, how many clicks will it take them to find their breakers (or a tutor), again?

If we are looking to build a killer rush HB deck, How bout something like “on the next turn the runner receives 1 less click for each point the corp scores”? or something similar? So if you score an ABT their next turn they have 2 clicks, score a GFI and next turn they have just one click. If we back-of-menu each runner click as worth ~2 creds you’d be looking at a game long cost of ~10 creds for the runner, which is less than etf would make in that time.

If that’s still too strong? How bout the Corp is just reversed Humanity First? (Call it Humanity Second). Runner loses creds equal to the points that the corp scores or the runner steals.

The cards coming in Flashpoint have pretty much thrown that notion out the window: Enforcing Loyalty, Door to Door and so on shows the corp can now be proactive.

Losing your breakers against HB is less of a blow since a lot of HB ice can be clicked through. Losing credits is both super weak and not really in the HB colour pie, whilst losing clicks on the next turn both can’t be played around in the same way getting breakers shuffled in can (against this ID you obviously save your tutors/spare copies in hand) and isn’t good for rushing (as the next corp turn will be setting up your next agenda, not scoring it).

I’m not opposed to the general idea, but it might need a bit of tweaking. As written, HB Rush can score a 3/2 from HQ (you can have 9 of them!) and take out 2/3rds of your breaker suite that you then have to dig out of the stack, possibly the slow way. And that’s not counting a good chance at a dozen plus credits in re-install costs over the course of the game. Grip or top of stack, maybe, but shuffling them in is just plain nasty. Compare to Leela, keeping in mind that she (usually) won’t be bouncing something you paid for in full already.

And basing it off MU seems like an interesting restriction until you look at cloud breakers and Naturally 0 MU programs. Completely hose Sunny with Domestic Sleepers!

2 Likes

Good! We need to stop these degenerate Geist and sunny decks from dominating the metagame!

(Maybe “printed MU” would be better)

If we’re discussing HB Identities, here’s my suggestion:

Origin Branch: Where minds are made
Identity: Division
50/12
You have an additional (click) to spend on eachof your turns.
Increase the advancement requirement of all agendas by 2.

Basically, it’s the “Glacier HB” deck we always wanted. We get additional speed in the early game, and can still score 3-point agendas on 2 turns, while making 2/3-agendas substantially worse.

Another way of doing this could be “The advancement requirement of agendas is 6” so that it doesn’t make 5/3’s take 7 counters (and ManUps and Vanity aren’t hit at all) but punishes smaller agendas even harder.

Pandora

15 - Cost
Console
Shaper
Limit 1-per deck

When you use Pandora’s ability, remove it from the game instead of trashing it.

Re-arrange and/or delete the text on any virtual card in play or in your grip (including flavour text and costs). The card now operates according to the new reading until the beginning of your next turn.

You cannot win the game this turn.

“What’s the worst that could happen?”

Note: I realise this is a terrible idea

1 Like

Noodling around with ideas, and contemplating agenda advancement-to-points spreads, was thinking of alternate ways to give a 3/2 agenda a downside.

The Playbook

3/2 Weyland Agenda
Limit one per deck

2 (reoccurring credits)

Use these credits during trace attempts. These credits are active and spendable by the Runner instead while this card is in the Runner’s score area.

So it’s basically the corp locking down a new, more efficient way of hunting runners… but if the runner steals it, they now know the procedures the Corp is planning on taking and can avoid them more easily.

Not quite sure about the one-per-deck limitation, though. Mostly the idea was to synergize with Door to Door, turning that trace1 instead a trace3 every turn, which might get nasty. Was worried that if you could go to three copies it might get nasty if you can score all three… but if you can score three of them, you’re already sitting at 6 points, man just go score a Hostile Takeover and finish it already.

1 Like

Chameleon INC
because we do everything for you
Weyland, 45/12

Up to 3 non-Weyland, non-Neutral agendas can be part of this deck.

Sure, new holo-tv show, it’s possible. Clones vs Bioroïds fights, no problems.

=> 3 BN, 3 Snare!, 3 Jackson
=> Philotic, Astro, Vitrivius, 3 Jackson, 3 Tricks of Light and Space Ice
=> 3 Domestic Sleepers & Archers
=> …

1 Like

Weyland sysop - 4 influence
3 rez 1 trash
Trash: The runner must trash an installed icebreaker. The runner may jack out to prevent this.

What’s the timing for the effect? Any time during a run? When a run is successful?

Oh whoops should have a “use only during a run on this server”

2 Likes

Yeah that makes more sense. I’m not sure it’s good enough to cost 3 to rez, but I love the effect. Since it’s Weyland, what if it was something like this:

Weyland Sysop - 4 influence, unique, upgrade, sysop
0 rez, 1 trash

When you rez Weyland Sysop, you may rez a piece of ICE protecting this server (paying all costs). Weyland Sysop can only be rezzed when there is an agenda in this server.

Trash: The runner must trash an installed icebreaker. The runner may jack out to prevent this. Use this ability only during a run on this server.

0 rez is not right for a free etr / trash. 3 was fine and if you give something on top like oorun icerez, you should ask more (it’s not money you use during a run).

I like the original synergy with Midori :slight_smile:

I like the synergy with Test Ground

Neutral Asset
3 rez, 5 trash
At the beginning of your turn, purge all virus counters

Situational, keeps the board clear, must trash for Noise

1 Like

The worst corp
Jinteki identity
You start the game with $0.
45/30

Oh man, I still bet I could make a viable Sandburg deck from this. Vanilla and Quandary all day. Beanstalk, Sweeps Week, all the cheap Jinteki ICE and cobras and stuff. Mmm. 30 influence means you can play a lot of broken stuff, 0 credits means you’ll just have to break the game turn 3 or 4 most times. It’s not like you’re getting siphoned first turn.

1 Like