Imaginary Cards

Bunker
Barrier - neutral 0 inf - unique
Str 3 - rez 0
When bunker is rezzed, derez another piece of ice or trash bunker.
-> end the run
-> end the run
-> end the run

4 Likes

Bog.1

5 Cost 1 inf Anarch
Fracter

0:Break all subroutines on a barrier with 3 or more subroutines on a piece of ice str 5 or less.

You know, when morning star goes away

Has anyone proposed or thought about a Runner ID that lets the Runner take the first turn? That would obviously be the only ability, and would probably have to be pretty limited in influence. Maybe even a larger deck minimum.

2 Likes

I posted this a year or more ago in a Reddit thread. It was my idea for g00ru. Iā€™m not sure how good it would be in Anarch or Shaper. Best case former is maybe Wanton; latter probably Indexing. It may be too strong in Criminal cause of Siphon.

Criminals could do really dirty stuff like Fisk, Desperado, Siphon, CBI Raid. Obviously thatā€™s a dream scenario

4 Likes

Itā€™s a little like Andromeda, but with 4 free clicks instead of 4 draw clicks, Mulligan aside.
Those guys would splash all the card you said I guess.

This is absolutely too powerful, #Siphon. Pushing the corp to 0 credits on turn 1 is broken on itā€™s own, without taking into account cards like Medium, Wanton Destruction, Indexing, Vamp or The Makerā€™s Eye, just to name a few. However, I could see something like this:

Umbris: Opportunist
(Criminal)
When your first turn ends, take another turn.
ā€œTake the chances when they appear.ā€

This allows you an EXPLOSIVE start, rivalling Andromeda, with a few key differences. You donā€™t get the mulligan advantage, and you donā€™t get to just draw 4 cards and be a ā€œbad Andyā€, because of the discard phase. Instead, you get to make more runs and be more aggressive.

1 Like

A corp that handicaps itself by going second for some other bonus might be better design.

GRNDL is better design than val, I said it.

4 Likes

Maybe something like one of these? Lower deck sizes to make it easier to stick to annoying agendas, since the runner may get a cheap steal.

Jinteki: Cultivating Potential
You cannot spend [click]s on your first turn. At the start of the runnerā€™s first turn, you may install a card from HQ or Archives. At the end of the runnerā€™s first turn, gain 5c.
40/15

Jinteki: Preserving the Planet
Skip your first turn. Whenever the runner makes a successful run on a central server, deal 1 net damage.
45/15
EDIT: Increased deck size for the second to slightly increase agenda density.

I dislike that the first one doesnā€™t totally give the runner the first turn. On the other hand I like the second one a lot, it synergizes (errā€¦ compensates) for the drawback in a good interesting way. You can siphon or makerā€™s eye, but you risk losing key components from your hand, while if you hold off on those kinds of run events for later, you can more easily control the quality of the cards in your hand when you run centrals. And running R&D and HQ repeatedly first turn is weakened.

I think the effect is pretty powerful even with the missing turn and might need to be 45/15 but youā€™d have to test it.

The idea I had, which is probably not as elegant or awesome:

Haas-Bioroid : Bioroids Learn With You
Skip your first turn. The runnerā€™s effects canā€™t make you lose credits. Whenever there is a successful run on HQ, gain 1 credit.
40/17

1 Like

Iā€™ll agree with you on the first one not being so great, but I think it needs some means of defending itself. Is a single draw and install really so bad before handing things over to the runner?

As for the HB ID, I think ā€œcanā€™t lose creditsā€ on something that the runner canā€™t interact with, like an ID, is way too powerful (especially on a 40/17 ID), even if there are only a handful of cards for which it matters (which also makes it high-variance, across a spread of games against different decks). Imagine, for instance Blacklist on an ID. Near-useless against runners who donā€™t rely much on recursion, game-ruiningly devastating against, say MaxX or Exile.

Similarly, this protects you from an early drain, sure, but then continues to make an econ denial deck useless by slapping it down with a big, unconditional ā€œNOā€.

What about taking a page from Hyoubu Research Facility? ā€œThe first time you lose credits each turn, gain that many credits.ā€ Siphon gets money, repeated attacks can eventually get you, but then youā€™re burning through runner resources much more quickly. And with a credit on every HQ run, itā€™s hard to keep you down completely as long as you stay over 5 credits.

1 Like

Vertical Integration
Weyland - Agenda: Expansion
3/0

The rez cost of all assets and upgrades is reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0) for each copy of Vertical Integration in your score area.

Too Powerful? I could see it being a 3/1 and losing the ā€œeach copyā€, or losing the Upgrade boost to keep it from rezzing The Root or SanSan.

My distaste for the first one is very aesthetic and not logically justified or anything. Just has less ā€œsacrificial cloneā€ wow factor is all I mean.

The uselessness of the ability against certain decks is why I also included another ability. Thatā€™s not a big problem. But I agree it probably blanks too many cards for certain decks in a way thatā€™s uninteresting though.

I think the Hyoubu Research Facility style text doesnā€™t remove the sin Iā€™ve committed, I doubt it pulls Lamprey and Vamp above the threshhold for bothering to use them rather than discarding them.

Maybe itā€™s best to expand the core ability.

Haas-Bioroid : Bioroids Learn With You
Skip your first turn.
Whenever you lose more than one credit, gain 3 credits.
Whenever the runner accesses cards from HQ, lose 2 credits.
45/17

0K hot dog
Weyland ICE - Trap
0 str - 0 rez - 5 inf - trash 1

If the runner approaches 0K hot dog, the corp must rez it.

0K hot dog can be advanced.

If 0K hot dog have less than 4 advancements when the runner encounters 0K hot dog, add it to the runnerā€™s score area as an agenda worth 2 pts.
If 0K hot dog have 4 advancements or more when the runner encounters 0K hot dog, add it to the corpā€™s score area as an agenda worth 2 pts.
If the runner accesses 0K hot dog from HQ or R&D, do 1 meat damage.

Now stop it, this is stupid allready. - Khan

1 Like

Do you really need this? Seems like the card works fine without being forced rezzed unless thereā€™s a flavor reason that Iā€™m not seeing.

The corp would never rez it if < 4 advancements so the runner canā€™t score it.

Itā€™s basically an agenda as an ice, made to bait runs on space ice.

Hereā€™s a simple way to fix the ā€œfirst-turn runnerā€. It ends up looking a lot like Andy, unsurprisingly.

Keeli Sturmberger
Friend in High Places
Criminal ID - 45/15
0 link
Before the corpā€™s first turn of the game, you take a turn. You cannot make a run during that turn.
ā€œIā€™ll keep your name on file.ā€

Yeah, thatā€™s occured to me, and itā€™s pretty easily considered a balanced runner, but itā€™s not quite as exciting and interesting as designs that somehow allow some varieties of runs.

I canā€™t think of any reason to play this ID, though. Conceptually you get an economic advantage by going first, but I donā€™t think thereā€™s much value in practice. If anything I would change it to ā€œYou cannot play Run events on your first turn.ā€ Even that probably neuters it too much to be playable.

Experientially, a Runner ID that grants the first turn would FeelsBadMan many players. ā€œThis sucks, I lost 4 points and there was nothing I could do about it.ā€

Hereā€™s an idea that occurred to me. Iā€™ll be brash: I think itā€™s reasonable, playable, and interesting.

Scare Tactics
Neutral ā€” Operation ā€”Current
1c
(Current text)
Once per turn, on a successful run, you may add one advancement counter to a card in the affected server.

Everything is an ambush until the Runner finds an agenda! Particularly interesting for Tennin, which hasnā€™t seen real play since Clot. Functions well in shell decks as well as single-remote decks.

1 Like

Outsourced Subsidiary
Asset-Weyland-2 Inf
Rez; 2
Trash: 4

(Recurring Click)-Use this click to perform actions not listed on your action card.

Use these for things like Gila Hands, Shell Corp, Capital Investors, etc.

1 Like

Make it search for, and install Worlds Plaza for free hosting the card, and you got a deal.