Imaginary Cards

Defensive Measures
Event — Current —1c
Apex — 4 influence
(Current text)
Once per turn, when you encounter a piece of ICE, you may have it gain --> End the run after all other subroutines.

Bolsters Apex via Street Magic and E3. I chose to have the sub added to the end rather than beginning because beginning feels too powerful.

3 Likes

What I would have liked Mirror to be: (probably OP)

Mirror
Hardware - Console - 8c
Shaper - 2 inf
+2 MU
Once per turn, when you make a successful run on R&D, refresh all recurring credits.
Limit 1 console per player.

With Keyhole that would be OP as hell! Like Dyper with min setup.

foffoofofoffofour card combo :confused:

1 Like

Also, what I would have liked the HB identity to be:

HB - Architects of Tomorrow
45/17
Whenever the runner spends a click to break a bioroid subroutine, you may put a card from Archives onto the top of R&D.

It would probably be significantly weaker than ETF, but I like that it’s stronger than it seems at first.

1 Like

Nautilus Construction: Disaster Relief
Weyland Identity-Division
45/15
3c: Place an advancement counter on a piece of ice
Advancement counter: Gain 3c
Before You Know You Need It

4 Likes

I would limit that to a start of turn effect, or at least only on the corp’s turn. As it stands, it’s the perfect anti-siphon tech with no downside (among other problems).

It also turns Hollywood Renovation into super-Oaktown, Shipment from Kaguya into super-Beanstalk, and Builder into super-Popup Window.

1 Like

Oh I blanked on Siphon tech- perhaps make it so you can only use one ability a turn, or decrease the efficiency of conversion.

Would that include paying the extra click for doubles?

1 Like

Since Golden is pretty lackluster, I thought of a cycle of bird breakers rather more synergistic with Khan

Golden
●●○○○ (Criminal) 5c
Program - Icebreaker - Killer
2c: Break up to 2 sentry subroutines
2c: +4 strength
Whenever you make a successful run, you may pay Xc and add Golden to your grip. If you do, derez an ice you passed this run with a rez cost of X.
Strength 3

Pearl (Art of the little Pearl Hawk)
●●●○○ (Criminal) 1c
Program - Icebreaker - Decoder
2c: Break up to 2 code gate subroutines
3c: +6 strength
Whenever you make a successful run, you may add Pearl to your grip. If you do, expose a card.
Strength 1

Red (red kite art)
●●●○○ (Criminal) 4c
Program - Icebreaker - Fracter
2c: Break up to 2 barrier subroutines
2c: +5 strength
Whenever you make a successful run, you may add Red to your grip. If you do, look at the top 2 cards of R&D and add any number of them to HQ.
Strength 2

1 Like

3 very different ideas that I’ve had bouncing around for a while:

That Which is Built
2c - Weyland - ●●●●○
Operation - Current
[Current text]
Installed ice cannot be trashed by runner effects.
May never be destroyed

• Extreme in-faction hate for ice destruction, putting Weyland in a unique place to run glacier builds. At such high influence it will likely never see play anywhere else, giving Weyland a place against Anarch. Does not help OAI shenanigans.

Genetic Systems, Made to Serve
Identity - Jinteki - 45/17
When you install a piece of ice, you may install it in front of or behind any piece of ice protecting that server.
To Adapt is to Survive

• Baking Sunset into the ID. The ability isn’t amazing with a constrained ice pool and may not match the power of other IDs, so I thought it could benefit from some extra influence to bring in good stuff.

Bait
0c - Neutral - ○○○○○
Upgrade - 0t
Bait can be advanced.
“This is the big one. They’ve invested too much time and money for it to be anything else.” - Gabriel Santiago

• The ultimate in traps. Stick this on a Snare! and a PriSec, they might think you’re advancing and agenda with a Caprice and Batty protecting. Considered making this Jinteki, but reconsidered as this can open up new play styles across the board. I really feel the introduction of an upgrade that can be advanced is powerful enough that it should have no other effect than the bluff itself.
8 Likes

Lady Silver
Cyber Tourist
Criminal ID - 45/12 - 1 link
The first time each turn you would access an installed corp card, instead gain 2c.
“How perfectly quaint.”

2 Likes

I think it would work better if it read ‘…you may instead gain 2c’.

Otherwise the replacement effect could be really annoying when you’re trying to challenge a scoring remote.

3 Likes

Oh, that was totally intentional, since it’s a pretty strong effect against, eg, asset-spam. Additionally, it’s only totally frustrating against glaciers that don’t use a Caprice/etc. which you could “access” first to get around the issue.

1 Like

Rollerskating Gangs
Criminal event
5c - 3 inf
Turn your stack faceup, turn your heap facedown. Your facedowned heap is now your stack and your faceuped stack is now your heap. Remove Rollerskating Gangs from the game instead of trashing it.

Five days of work, one whole day to play, come on everybody, lay your rollerskates today - Silhouette

No shuffle is intended.

1 Like

This card is SWEET! The templating could be cleaner, such as:

Replace all cards in your Stack with the cards in your Heap, and vice versa. Shuffle your stack. Remove ~ from the game instead of trashing it.

This is everything Levy should have been. I think it should cost more influence, or maybe be “limit one per deck”.

Yeah, it’s a little OP for Geist cam decks though :wink:

New Hollywood Grid
Upgrade — Region
0 Rez — 4 Trash
Weyland — 3 influence
Agendas must be installed face-up in this server.
NHG may be advanced. For each advancement counter on NHG, the Runner must pay 1c to initiate a run on this server.
“Nothing to hide.”

Low Rez / high trash due to its requiring investment of some sort to do anything at all.

2 Likes

Anything that would allow me to Mumbad Construction Co. an Atlas without using influence gets my thumbs up.

Frankly, I was surprised that they didn’t work more with the face up mechanic. I hope they have something else in the pipe, because I really like it. Very FU I’m Weyland.

3 Likes

This is just a thought I had on how Criminals might develop a stronger stealth build, assuming any other stealth breakers they get follow Switchblade’s model of requiring stealth credits for everything. Greater eventual power and a lower footprint (since Criminals don’t have as many memory options as Shapers), at the cost of fragility and installation costs. That, and I want to see the Trenchcoat Totem Pole trope represented in a program. :smile:

Trenchcoat
2c, 1MU
Program: Stealth
Trenchcoat can host another copy of Trenchcoat. The memory cost of the hosted program does not count against your memory limit.
Xrc
Use these credits to pay for using icebreakers. X is the number of copies of Trenchcoat installed.
Criminal - 2 influence

4 Likes