Imaginary Cards

That’s true man. Thanks for pointing that out.

Would possibly be too strong with Efficiency Committee.

2 Likes

Man, I love this guy! Let’s give him some cards.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Arcology Quarters 7$ (Unique)
Resource - Location
+3 (Link)
Reduce the cost of the first Connection you install each turn by 3.
As an additional cost to trash Arcology Quarters, force the corp to Trace(3). If unsuccessful, prevent Arcology Quarters from being trashed.
Home, sweet home.
(3 HORACE Influence)

If you want to build a Cloud rig or a Connection base, this one’s for you. And unless the corp can find EXACTLY where you live in a massive Ark, they can’t prove anything, right?

//////////////////////////////////////////

The Secretary 6$
Program - Icebreaker - AI - 2MU
1$: Break ICE Subroutine. End your turn after this run ends.
1$: +1 STR
2 STR
“Running is tiring. Take care of the data, I’ll have a bath.”
(3 HORACE Inf)

Horace can afford the best AI around, but he’s not very used to Corps being hostile towards him; he’s lived the rich life. So if he can, he uses his Secretary whenever he can, and can fall afoul of Pisec or Snares without recourse…

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Any other ideas?

4 Likes

Yeah, good point. Maybe replace with recurring creds that can only be used to advance? Maybe only advance cards in servers, such that it isn’t just BWBI ++ .

Arcology quarters seems…really good. Perhaps too good? Like, 3 link is 5 creds by Rabbit Hole, and this is also (conditionally), 3 creds per turn?

How about the installed connections are hosted on the Arcology, so that if the corp does ever manage to trash your palace all the people you were letting live there rent free don’t think you are so cool anymore. Or/Also perhaps the Suppliers gating mechanism, where there is a delay to make up for the creds off?

I like the Secretary just as you’ve written it. Incredibly power in exchange for Run Last Click.

A concept I’m turning over is that Horace is probably on the board in various corps, and there should be a way to reflect his ability to mess with them at the top level, while leaving his fingerprints all over everything.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Faction: Horace
Event: Objection
Cost: 5 creds
Influence: 3

When you play Objection name an operation. If the corp plays that operation it gains the Terminal modifier. The corp’s turn ends immediately after playing it. This event is a Current, and is not trashed until an Agenda is scored or another current is played.

Concept: Horace uses his prominent position to call attention to whatever the corp is doing, forcing them to put their plans on hold and regroup.

Quote: Blowing up buildings? Really now Lizzie, there’s no call to be so uncivilized.

Gameplay: This is just an attempt at a Targeted Marketing kind of card from the runner’s side. A good number of operations are mangled by being made Terminal, so this gives the runner some non clot counterplay to a few varieties of fast advance, some non plascrete counterplay to scorched earth, etc. 3 influence and a high cost should keep it from taking over the meta.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Faction: Horace
Event: Just Ask
Cost: 0 creds
Influence: 2

When you play Just Ask take any number of tags. For each tag reveal a card in or protecting a server.

Concept: He is a big time shareholder, he can just call around and find out what is going on. It makes it super obvious that something is up, but he can do it.

Quote: “What was I gonna do? Tell him no?

Gameplay: This card is more of concept than a good card. I liked the idea of Horace getting good effects but getting tagged in the process, but it is really hard to make that balanced, since if he is tag-me he is getting good effects for nothing, and otherwise no effect is worth losing your rig and being flatlined. Alternative versions gave 2 tags and revealed every facedown card on the board, or gave 0 tags and ended the turn…it’s hard to make work right.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2 Likes

Directory

4 credit event
Search for and install any number of connections. Take a tag if there is a rezzed executive, character or bioroid in a server.

You need a lot of money to do anything really worth while, but now you can play Donut! @Labbes

Theme is that you’re using corporate resources to find people, and if the Corp is watching, they’ll try to find you. I don’t know, great ID though.

2 Likes

Weyland Consortium: Because We Rebuilt It
45/17

The first time each turn you advance a card, draw a card.

Bigger. Faster. Stronger.

What’s that you say? Crazy powerful? Why yes it is, I took the template from NEH. Why should Yellow have all the fun.

I was watching a few Russian NEH games and wondering if you could port that shell to any other ID, and it’s really the constant draw that fuels the deck. It made me realize there’s no other ID that fuels draw like NEH. I initially had this ID at 15 influence and only drawing for advancing ICE, but screw it, why can’t Weyland have a top-tier ID that people have to plan for in deckbuilding. This ID removes the tempo hit from advancing ICE and agendas, and could make a nice trap deck with the extra influence too. Note that the ID ability does not work with placing advancement counters, so tricks like Anson Rose or PAD Factory don’t trigger it. It’s also not a may ability, so it can be a double-edged sword if you’re already flooded.

4 Likes

Weyland Consortium: Venture Capitalism
50/10
Agendas are worth one less point when in the runner’s score area, to a minimum of 1.
We expect a better return on our investment.

Basically, takes The Board and inserts it into an ID. Much more playable! Consider, if the corp makes his deck out of nothing but 2-pointers, the runner has to score seven of them to win! Also makes 3-pointers more easily playable, since they aren’t quite as much of a point swing. TBH, Global Food would be stupid in this ID too. 3 points for me, 1 for you if you steal it!

Of course, a well-timed Employee Strike ruins it, much as it would for something like Haarpsichord, but this is much harder to run around in general. Also, the minimum of 1 is there so that the deck isn’t just composed of nothing but 1-point agendas that are worthless for the runner to steal.

6 Likes

White Noise
Event, Current
Neutral, Inf 1
The text box of all scored or stolen agendas is blank.

Not only does your Astro not count, but that GFI is in fact worth 3 for me too now! Those Sales Teams aren’t giving you any more money, the EffComm isn’t giving you clicks, no more pings from House of Knives, etc etc.

3 Likes

New runners. Each 45/20 and start with an additional $5 but have a drawback.

Shaper - you can’t play events.

Criminal - you can’t run r&d.

Anarch - first time you make a run each turn, you can’t spend clicks this turn except to make runs or play run events. If you can’t do anything, end your action phase.

@Lttlefoot: Cards with huge upside and huge drawbacks tend to become overpowered or unplayable. There is simply too big a swing margin, and creates a very binary design space. Look at Faust and Crypsis; upside in being universal breakers, downside in forcing you to pitch cards or spending clicks to keep using it. Unless you tweak the numbers JUST right, they fall on either side of the fence.

1 Like

There is no balance in netrunner. Only pain and heroism by our corporate overlords.

Here’s a new card!

Mobile Tech Support Unit

Weyland asset.
0 cost 5 trash 2 inf

MTSU may host an asset or agenda whenever its click ability is triggered.

Click: Move MTSU to a new server, or to a remote server of your choice.
Trash: Gain 2 credit for each card hosted and install all cards hosted in new remotes.

I don’t really know what this card does, but I like it.

1 Like

You could make a deck with a perfect spread of 3 Hostile, 2 Chronos Project, 3 GFI, 3 Project Atlas and the Runner would never be able to win! Kind of broken, don’t you think? :slight_smile:

1 Like

“To a minimum of 1”

4 Likes

Devlin Kane: Shady Dealer - Criminal
Cards: 40
Influence: 5
When the game begins, before players draw their first cards, you may add 5 runner cards to your stack. These cards may not have the same name as any cards already in your deck and you cannot add more than one of the same card to your stack this way. These cards do not count against your influence limit. After adding the cards, shuffle your stack.

So I know the wording needs work but I like the idea of an ID that can use silver bullet cards that rarely get used. This ID is blank during the actual game but should allow the runner to adapt to their matchup very well while preventing too many shenanigans by limiting it to one copy of each. Yeah with the flex spots the runner could get to an effective 30 influence but many of the 4-5 influence cards need to sorta be built around and you can only have 1 copy of each so consistently getting those would be difficult.

Edit - This text seems less clunky for his ability:
“Before you draw cards at the beginning of the game, shuffle 5 different cards from outside the game not already in your stack into your stack. These cards cost no influence”

1 Like

Criminal runner 0 link

50/16

Whenever you make a successful run, you may install a connection from your grip reducing the cost by each power counter on this card or host a power counter.

X hosted power counters: Search your stack for a resource and put it in your grip.

How about wording it as

45/5
The first copy of up to five cards don’t count towards your influence limit

1 Like

Something I’ve been rolling around in my head for a while is the idea of adding more cybernetics cards. Of what we have, only 2 are good enough to see play (and not all that often), and it seems a shame given the role cybernetics play in many cyberpunk settings. My first thought is to start with Anarchs, since Chrome Parlor is theirs, but they have probably the worst of the bunch, Skulljack. It lowers trash costs by one, so the key is to either access lots of trashable cards, or give a reason (other than Political Operative) for low trash costs to matter.

Matsumodo Ikuo - Anarch - Link 1 - 45/15
Identity: Cyborg
Once per turn, when you access a card, you may reduce its trash cost by 2.

Sort of a Whizzard replacement, with a notably worse ability on its own but a link to make up for it. I picture him as an ex-Jinteki enforcer, lashing out at his former employer as a chromed up street samurai (a cyberpunk archetype not really covered in A:NR due to its net-focused scope). His ability doesn’t scream Cybernetics, of course, until you combine him with this piece:

Implant Weaponry - 1c
Hardware: Cybernetic
When you install Implant Weaponry, take 2 meat damage.
When you access a card with a trash cost of 0, you may pay 2c to remove that card from the game. You are no longer accessing that card.
Anarch - 2 influence

On its own, it mostly just saves you from ambushes. With a Skulljack, you can tear apart a corp game plan relying on Caprice Nisei or one of the new trashable events. Combine them with Ikuo, though, and there’s a whole range of great 2 and 3 trash cards that you can remove (and it lets him take out a PriSec team before they can get him).

On the Criminal side, Titanium Ribs is there to mitigate the effects of damage without actually reducing it. In the interest of sticking with existing Criminal models of dealing with damage by drawing up outside the normal turn structure, and giving Titanium Ribs more targets, I was thinking something like this might work:

Parietal Computer - 1c
When you install Parietal Computer, take 1 brain damage.
When your turn begins, choose a server. When your turn ends, you may draw 1 card for each successful run you made on that server.
Criminal - 2 influence

It works with other criminal run-dependent effects like Temujin Contract, Security Testing, and our favorite blue cyborg, Gabe, without being restricted to a specific server.

On the shaper side, they have run/icebreaker support, so maybe more of that, along with something to make use of excess link and reference a great indie cyberpunk RPG:

Headspace Impant - 3c
When you install Headspace Implant, take 1 brain damage.
Xrc
Use these credits to pay for using icebreakers. X is the number of [link] you have.
Shaper - 2 influence

Potentially too strong, but it would require an investment to get it there, especially since it doesn’t provide its own link.

As for neutral, I’m not quite sure yet.

4 Likes

Sub Rosa
Weyland Upgrade:
4credit 4trash

The runner cannot make a run on this server. Trash Sub Rosa if the Runner spends clickclick

It’s like a mirage. The data feels close, but it’s just not there.-Kate “Mac” McCaffery

2 Likes

That would work for making him professor like but I wanted the selection to be made after seeing the matchup. So if against Builder of Nations you could pull in Muresh Bodysuit, Link cards in an NBN Matchup, e3 Feedback Implants against an expected heavy Bioroid deck and stuff like that.

I think it would be interesting to have an ID that could adapt to different matchups but not actually have any strength of its own.

Maybe rewording as: “Before you draw cards at the beginning of the game, shuffle 5 different cards from outside the game not already in your stack into your stack. These cards cost no influence”

1 Like