Imaginary Cards

Paperclip could, by your logic, just increase its strength once for free, a bunch of times, effectively becoming Yog infinity.

Not for free, since the card sets a minimum of 1. However, youā€™d give it +2 strength and break 2 subroutines for 1 credit, over and over until you met the strength of what you needed to break. That seems way too efficient.

How about something non-unique that gets hosted on a single icebreaker? You could still have some of these amazing plays, but you wouldnā€™t get to use them all together without multiple copies?

Efficiency Editor - 1c
Program
0 MU
When you install a program (including Efficiency Editor), you may host Efficiency Editor on an installed in-faction icebreaker that does not already have a program hosted on it.
Reduce the cost to use abilities on the hosting program by 1c (to a minimum of 1c).
Neutral ā—ā—‹ā—‹ā—‹ā—‹

Weird hosting text, I know, but the thought is to deal with those order of operations problems by letting you host regardless of the order in which you installed the programs.

1 Like

Portal

Jinteki 1 inf 3 cost

0 STR
Portal gains end the run for each server the Corp has that has no ICE protecting it.

ā€_ just imagine if it made a gate for each active node in our servers! Either way, monitor for destructive programs, scripts or glowing keys._

Exactly the ICE that would make Yog and Parasite see play in every deck again.

Reasonable Cost Reduction.

0 cost
Weyland Operation

Trash a rezzed executive, sysop, character, clone or bioroid. Reduce the cost of the next ICE you rez until your next turn to 0 ignoring all additional costs till next turn.

_ Rumor has it, heā€™s getting the axe_

This is kind of like Restoring Face for Weyland, and Portal is like Tour Guide for Jinteki. I want to make HB and NBN Assets and upgrades to go with this theme of taking an existing card and giving it an out of faction twist, but Iā€™m just so tired right now.

Part of an imagined series of cards with this mechanic (i.e. government-issue breakers):

Stux - 5
Program - Icebreaker - Killer
Neutral - ā—
Stux costs 1 less to install for each 5c you have.
2c: +1 strength. If youā€™re running a remote server, instead +4 strength.
1c: Break sentry subroutine.
Str: 1

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great, it only costs 4 to install but has a threshold of 5 anyway. Iā€™m beginning to want to play with these cards haha.

Interesting start to a neutral non-AI breaker suite. Do the others have strengths against different servers, or are they all going to be better at checking remotes than digging in centrals?

Random idea I had when looking at Door to Door, and thinking about what a Corp version of Turning Wheel would look like.

Baskerville Security
Weyland ID
45/15

Whenever a trace is unsuccessful, place a power counter on this card.

Whenever a trace is successful, remove a power counter from this card.

Your traces have +1 strength for every power counter on this card.

You can almost hear the houndsā€¦

3 Likes

Oh man, this is amazing! It feels very Weyland too: the more the Runner evades them, the more resources they pump into finding them. Eventually, Weyland always wins.

And a reason to play Helium-3 Deposit! Sign. Me. Up.

1 Like

Hōzuki Pharmaceuticals: What lies beneath
Jinteki ID
45/15
When the runner accesses an ambush in R&D or HQ he or she must reveal it.
Treat it as if it is installed and has 1 advancement token on it.

HB Upgrade.

0 cost. 3 trash 2 inf

Rez only if the runner has spent 3 clicks this turn.

Trash:The runner must pay 4 credits and take 1 brain damage to make a run this turn

World Expo Keynote
Weyland Asset
0 cost, trash 3, inf 4

Click - Click, Expose a finalized agenda, Trash World Expo Keynote : derez all corp cards and trash 2 installed runner cards. The runner can prevent this by trashing 4 installed runner cards. You canā€™t score any agenda until the begining of your next turn.

This, is a revolution - Jack Weyland

What is a ā€œfinalizedā€ agenda?

I imagine itā€™s an Agenda with advancement counters on it equal to itā€™s advancement requirement.

1 Like

Oh, I though it was in core rules when itā€™s not. I saw it as an agenda with enough advancements tokens on it to be scored by the corp, but not yet scored.

Like when a corporation have a new designed product, ready to release, and expose it before in a keynote, then people rushing to stores to find it.

Tender Offer
Weyland
Agenda: Initiative - 4/2
When the Corp score Tender Offer, the Corp takes 1 bad publicity.
When the Runner steals Tender Offer, the Corp score 1 agenda point.

But if that remains you got to pay your will,
Pay your will, yeah yeah yeah.
- Jack Weyland, coming back home in his fastest car

How would this work?

Was working on a similar idea for an ID, and worded it as ā€œPut a counter in your score area as an agenda worth 1 Agenda point.ā€

Would probably be worded better as

While this is in the Corpā€™s score area, the Corp has 1 additional Bad Publicity

While this agenda is in the Runnerā€™s score area, the Corp has 1 additional agenda point.

Might read a little better as ā€œthe Corp needs one fewer agenda point to win the gameā€?

I considered putting a facedown non-agenda card from HQ, a non-agenda card from archives, or telling the Corp have -1 agenda point to win the game but I wanted to keep the text very simple.

=> Iā€™m not FFG so I shouldnā€™t care, I just exposed an idea :stuck_out_tongue:

I could also say ā€œEach Tender Offer in the Runner score area gives the Corp 1 agenda pointā€, it is a little boost vs Film Critic I did not want to give (not sure if OP - Weyland midseasons decks would profit from that a little too much I think)

This agenda would solve most Weyland oldschool rush problems \o/. Quote is an oldschool rock song by Janice Joplin, I could imagine Jack Weyland singing that :smiley:

@pmavers the problem under that is you donā€™t track if the agenda was stolen or if it was added to runnerā€™s score area with film critic. There should be some counter of some sort.

@BerenzenSA wordings are inspired by Clone Retirement. You forgot Film Critic interaction & the classic Midseason in T&B Weyland decks.