[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

this - taxing Kate for cards is a solid plan B for IG decks, especially if you’re packing blacklist or CP. Plan A, obviously, is make credits->install caprice->win psi games. (it should be noted that this is plan A for all opponents and with all red decks and most purple ones)

1 Like

I actually won a game against Kate by taxing her deck then using Interns to install Hokusai Grid into my scoring server. Definitely not worth it as plans A-C but as a plan D it made me plenty happy.

I think 3x Hokusai is too good not to play in IG.

Also, is anyone else really excited for/completely dreading Old Hollywood Grid as far as its inclusion in IG? I think that card could lift this deck to a new level, and grant Scoring windows out of nowhere.

The only issue I’ve found with 3 Hokusai is that they compete for physical space with the Crisium Grids. I wish I could have both on my Centrals. :stuck_out_tongue: You’re probably right though, I should find space for the 3rd Hokusai. Maybe the third Caprice could come out?

I think Old Hollywood Grid could be awesome. Guarantees a Hades Fragment score if you can make it stick, and this deck gets super gross with a Hades Fragment scored. Hmm, maybe cut the Crisiums and an Ash if they’re 2 influence each?

having the dardest time finding a spoiler for that - is that the one that makes it impossible to steal agendas that haven’t already been scored? Definitely scary in IG, though I think for the influence 1 copy might be the right call.

Hokusai is hottttt in this ID, i’m using crisium grid only for emergencies (siphon spammers, keyholers, multi-mediums etc.) and otherwise it’s the hokusai tax for you. love to have one on archives and one on RnD

Yep.

Who needs Ash/ITD when you’ve got OHG?

1 Like

Old Hollywood Grid
Region
5 rez, 4 trash

“Agendas accessed
from this server cannot be stolen unless the Runner already has a copy
of that agenda in his or her score area. This applies even during the
run on which the Runner trashes OHG”

NBN, influence unknown

Another post says that the influence is 2 but that hasn’t been confirmed. At 2 influence you definitely want 2. At three influence, you’re right, 1 would probably be enough?

This is, unfortunately, completely countered by Film Critic.

3 Likes

I think my influence would probably look something like this in a first draft:

3 Jackson
2 DBS
2 Hollywood
1 Crisium
1 Blacklist

Then, you can go with 2 Ash and in faction ice, or you can use 2x Batty and play Booth/Ichi stuff. Either one is probably valid.

A copy of Reversed Accounts is probably worth looking at as well.

More and more a copy of Snatch and Grab looks better to black bag and murder Film Critics, Pawnbrokers, and Delivery Girls.

2 Likes

I would be worried about not seeing the Crisium until it was too late at only 1 copy in 54 cards. Even with 2 in 54, I feel like it doesn’t show up until after the second Siphon/TME/whatever else I’ve been wrecked by recently.

Right now I’m on this for influence
3 Jackson
2 DBS
1 Ash
2 Hollywood
1 Tollbooth
1 Ichi

true, but either
A) film critic comes out before you make this play, in which case you simply don’t use this card, or

B) film critic isn’t on the board yet, so when they first hit the OHG and an agenda it’s still gonna take them a click and a new run to come get it.

worst case scenario is C) Film critic isn’t out yet and when you make your OHG play they intuit what card it is and have film critic in hand and play it first rather than save their clicks for what might be a caprice.

film critic is a strong tool, but I think good decks will be able to pivot when it comes out and change their strategies accordingly, without completely abandoning the strong strategies that make film critic appealing in the first place (see also: clot didn’t make FA a bad plan)

2 Likes

Yeah, I think even with OHG you still don’t try to score without Caprice. I like it as a backup like your Ash or your Batty. I don’t think it’s quite resilient enough to be your only upgrade protection.

It’s certainly better as a primary upgrade than Ash or Batty though, which is why I think it’s worth looking at. You can jam a 5/3 early if you have enough archives chaff and they can’t trash it, even without ice. Maybe worth diversifying the Agenda composition a bit for it.

No, but it does hurt the RP/IG agenda suite which means your centrals are less safe. Though IGs will probably be a bit safer because assets and upgrades will be more resilient.

Hmmm, 2 Fetal, 2 NAPD, 1 Nisei, 3 TFP (Fuck me if I’m playing more easy to steal 3 pointers than I have to), 1 Hades Fragment? Or are we thinking even more diverse?

Old Hollywood Grid is real? Seems stupid powerful. I guess 5 rez is tough for normal NBN decks, but as y’all have said it could be good in a deck like this that can make dumb money pretty fast.

I think this is sufficient. 3 TFP is still too good not to play, etc.

So Noise is really aggravating here, I’ve found. He has approximately infinity Imps, provides a huge amount of centrals pressure, and our ice is expensive and thus hard to rush with. Any thoughts?

1 Like

While you don’t get to choose what you discard; I would think he’d play into our clutches a bit, though imp is a problem. Has caprice on archives ever helped you out? It’s true that they’ll often just drop a crypsis and run in, but now they’ve at least got to win that psi game. Imp, I’d just clear viruses pronto on. I play very few remotes and might be less susceptible to this; I’d be more concerned about parasite recursion.