It's not that hard, and she's pretty hardcore - Leela Patel

Yup. My list, based on yours. We decided with Clot and the rise of Glacier, 3 Kati is prob. a must.

@aandries went 13-1 in two SCs with her, IIRC.

I’m interested to see the list spags. I’ve been having huge success with Leela too and I want to see what the Milwaukee meta has discovered in terms of building her to such victory.

3 Likes

I have limited testing to support this, but I don’t think the RP match-up is terrible. Assuming you find your Mimic fast, which should be your #1 priority IMO, you can put significant pressure on HQ before they have a resource lead. They almost always have 1 and often 2 agendas hiding in there. I like to keep 3 cards in hand to minimize the Komainu tax and be aggressive with Legwork. Obviously you’ll sometimes lose the psi game on TFP, but there are often Nisei and/or NAPD in there to steal. Desperado makes trashing Sundews a breeze, but I will rarely trash MHC. Shutdown also does wonders versus RP. I definitely feel more comfortable playing RP with Leela than any other Runner, besides maybe my favorite Whizzard.

I’m a die-hard Andy lover but even I think Leela might be a tad better (though I haven’t personally tested her, just seen @aandries do extremely well in Store Champs). As far as Leela vs RP, she does pretty well, especially if you can find Kati in your opening hand.

2 Likes

@d1en, here you go.

Official Tournament Winning Decklists Page - #1142 by aandries

4 Likes

Figured I would mention it in here too as the Leela thread is still going, but she carried me through a 42-person store championship for my first tournament win. Went undefeated against IG, RP, BS Scorch, CI Scorch, NEH, and Tennin.

When I looked at that again afterwards I was sad there wasn’t a PE in there for the full Jinteki suite.

4 Likes

Played some games against a tougher corp last night and it highlighted two things that people here were saying: I didn’t have enough econ and HQI is a bit slow. So I made some changes:

-2 HQ Interface
-1 Mr Li
+2 Legwork
+1 Kati Jones

Having Mr Li show up later on average isn’t going to be fun since he does a lot of work for me, but getting Kati out quicker will give me more options against decks that keep up a heavy tax. And feeling the HQ Interfaces weigh down my hand left a bad taste in my mouth. There were several times when I felt like there were agendas piling up in HQ but not having the money to install HQ interface -and- run left me just running, seeing 1 card and wiffing. Legwork should help me more in that midgame zone. I feel like if I had time and money to install HQ Interface in the first place, I probably didn’t need its help.

1 Like

How many Li is that leaving? He’s legit in here. Legit v

2 Likes

Don’t let Dan hear you say that. You don’t want to see him when he’s angry!

2 Likes

I’ve still got 2 Mr Li. I wouldn’t drop him to 1 or less by any means; he seems so powerful in Leela, especially the desperado aggression version. Being able to draw very quickly for the card you need when you’re on the off foot is super nice. I could also go from -1 sec testing +1 mr li to get me 2x sec testing and 3x mr li; what do you think?

1 Like

I play 2x sec test and 3x Mr. I so very rarely have multiple security testings online and making money, that 3 feels like a wasted card slot, whereas Mr. Li, while somewhat of an intangible benefit, I still notice a substantial trend towards consistency, and consistently being able to maintain aggression once he hits the table.

I turned Mr Li into 2 Quality Times and was very happy with it. (Using the influence Aaron spent on Stimhack and Utopia Shard). It’s slightly quicker when you need to dig right now, and has the big benefit that you can use it when going TagMe.

You definitely need some draw in Leela though: I used not to run any and my most common losing condition vs NEH was not drawing one of my breakers types quickly enough. QT has fixed that right up, and Li ought to as well; he seems reasonable if you really want to use the influence elsewhere.

Yeah, my build runs ice destruction tools as well, so influence is tight. Given the redundancy in the deck, Mr Li feels like the right call although I can totally see how quality time would work faster.

Utopia seems like a must include for me. Combined with Legwork and the right timing, you can have a super-destructive turn. This will only get more powerful when Clot hits.

1 Like

Are you going to put clot in your leela deck? If so, how will you play it? My thinking was that Leela already does pretty well against FA and doesn’t have the tools to make the clot splash hurt like Shaper does.

Leela is very good against FA, you’re right, clot isn’t necessarily a tech against that, but its a way of “clotting” agendas into HQ, to make those runs more profitable between legworks.

1 Like

No, not at all. Clot’s appearance should foster more of a glacier environment. That can be both a boon and a bane for a Leela. If it leads to more IAA plays, she will have more opportunities to make a Power run to attempt to bounce the advanced car in via remote. Utopia shard is a great tool to help facilitate those power turns.

But Criminal has so few ways of making that Clot come out reliably, and it seems like as soon as they install it from hand the corp will purge. Maybe that’s worth it on its own, but I figure the inf is better spent on things like Utopia Shard.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

I’m not saying its an auto-include, but I can think of plenty of corner cases that might make them worth including, depending on which match-ups you tend to find challenging.

My knee jerk reaction is Clot is a card primarily used in Shaper and Anarch (in that order). Since Leela can handle FA and doesn’t care about Cyberdex I’m inclined to say Clot is not going in. I’ll be moving up to 3x Kati once clot hits though, getting her out will be even more vital at that time. Depending on the builds that start to come out another option would be adding Tri-maf or a 3rd Security Testing to make sure you have solid sources of income to start stockpiling the cash. Another thought would be to get that Garrote back into the deck for those annoying sentry heavy glaciers that will be more in vogue.

3 Likes