Jemison Astronautics - Agenda Rocket to Mars

Lets make it happen. I wanna see what people are cookbooking for Jemison’s release this saturday. Lets FA those 5/3s

5 Likes

The Vanity Rocket

Jemison Astronautics: Sacrifice. Audacity. Success. (Daedalus Complex)

Agenda (7)
3x False Lead (A Study in Static)
1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
1x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
2x Vanity Project (Old Hollywood) [color=#708090]●●[/color]

Asset (8)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]
3x Public Support (The Universe of Tomorrow)
2x Reversed Accounts (Up and Over) [color=#FF8C00]●●[/color]

Upgrade (8)
3x Bryan Stinson i[/i]
3x Oberth Protocol (Daedalus Complex)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]★★●●●●● ●[/color]

Operation (14)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
2x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between)
2x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (3)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Macrophage i[/i]

Sentry (5)
2x Archer (Core Set)
3x Veritas i[/i]
13 influence spent (max 15-2★=13, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Daedalus Complex

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

I feel these links are integral to the discussion. I can’t wrap my head around the Jemison combo without looking it up every freaking time, and promptly forgetting.

Jemison Astronautics: Sacrifice. Audacity. Success.
Whenever you forfeit an agenda, place 1 advancement token on a card and 1 additional token for each agenda point the agenda was worth.

Oberth Protocol
As an additional cost to rez Oberth Protocol, forfeit an agenda.
The first time you advance a card in or protecting this server each turn, place an additional advancement token on it.

If I get this right, assuming these imo common scenarios (Hostile scored, Oberth already installed unrezzed in remote, agenda in hand), you can install agenda, rez Oberth+forfeit (two counters from Jemison), advance (1 additional from Oberth), and advance to score a 5/3. Sick. If Oberth sticks next turn, you can score 3 cost agenda from hand, no forfeiting required (Atlas, utility 3/1s).

Also, get this. If, instead of scoring a 5/3 with the above combo, you could score an Atlas with 2 counters. This could directly lead into an Atlastrain if Oberth sticks, which it very well could in a rush style strategy.

9 Likes

False lead is cute, but you kinda need two of them scored?

I added a corporate war to enable sacrifice on your turn.

Also note that Oberth Protocol isn’t a region. if you want, you can combine it with SanSan City Grid or Biotic to fast advance 2/4 agendas.

5 Likes

Man, I had to go digging for Future Jemison Bullshit. Forgot that Success, Standoff, and Meteor Mining are still a ways off, not until Blood and Water.

1 Like

I’ll post my SUPER SECRET LIST!!! OooOooOOOooO once our final store champ is done this Saturday.

In building and testing Jemison, I gotta say, agenda comp is super duper key for how you want to ramp your agendas. Just as key are the cards you’ll use to sac agendas, and how reliably you can find/use them.

i know a lot of Jemison support isn’t even out yet (Audacity, Success, Red Planet Couriers, etc), so a lot of how Jemison will look will change as the cycle advances. I think there’s probably a pretty decent deck out there, somewhere in the cycle. I’d love to see this thing take off =)

6 Likes

I am really tempted by comparisons between SanSan City Grid and Corporate Town. They both cost 5 to trash. They both let you fast advance an agenda. They both stick around for some benefit after.

Admittedly, Corporate Town is less reliable (needs an agenda scored to work), and while it hangs around its benefit is probably less good (continuing to windmill slam agendas into your score area with SanSan is probably more powerful than killing Professional Contacts), but SanSan City Grid is really powerful, so maybe weird green SanSan City Grid can be okay?

2 Likes

dammit Brian, are we both bringing Jemison jank?

2 Likes

Corporate Town threatens Aaron & slows down the Runner. I think a kill threat Jemison (Consulting Midseasons Boom) isn’t out of the question if Shaper Clot play comes into play more often.

SSCG is stale, and all it really allows you to do is score 2/4s with Oberth out as well. I think it is not a requirement to Jemison, but it does make it more flexible.

Hell, even Quarantine is good if you want to have legs against Val blackmail spam and more importantly Dyper.

Additionally, Jemison is kinda weak to Employee Strike. I think Hostile Takeover (later, maybe Standoff) is a great addition, and/or Consulting Currents.

2 Likes

Gonna try this out for casual play tonight. The CI funds are the new upgrade that lets you rez ice by forfeiting an agenda. I think Hostile is better than False Lead because most of the time you’re gonna forfeit False Lead to rez an Oberth, so the ability doesn’t matter. Also you want to start off the jank train with a 2/1, not a 3/1.

Jemison Astronautics: Sacrifice. Audacity. Success.

Agenda (10)
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
1x High-Risk Investment
3x Hostile Takeover
2x Oaktown Renovation
2x Project Atlas

Asset (9)
2x C.I. Fund
2x Elizabeth Mills
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x Public Support

Upgrade (9)
2x Bryan Stinson
2x Mumbad Virtual Tour ○○○○
3x Oberth Protocol
2x SanSan City Grid ★★ ●●●●● ●

Operation (7)
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
3x Restructure

Barrier (4)
2x Fire Wall
2x Ice Wall

Code Gate (5)
2x Magnet ●●
3x Mausolus

Sentry (5)
2x Archer
2x Sapper
1x Veritas

13 influence spent (max 15-2★=13, available 0)
49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

I think the key parts of Jemison is that you can “promote” your 1/Xs into 5/3.

You can also put counters on things midrun by just rezzing oberth.

That means that if you aren’t playing a junebug, you’re doing it wrong imo :stuck_out_tongue:.

Here is the list I plan on testing out, who’s goal it is to NA a card in the remote everyturn.

False lead I think will be MVP, and you don’t really need 2 of them scored if you are going for the NA strat. You just calmly play the card and when the runner has 2 clicks left, sac it for an easy 2 counters.

Supernovanism

Jemison Astronautics: Sacrifice. Audacity. Success. (Daedalus Complex)

Agenda (11)

Asset (4)

Upgrade (6)

Operation (14)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (6)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

I really wish Trick of Light wasn’t 3 inf. You’re gonna be putting counters on Mausolous most of the time that you rez an Archer, and I wanna use those for the win. I guess that’s what the Weyland cards later in the cycle are for though…

I wanna see that

I think Jemison is a really interesting ability, and while you naturally might want to jump towards govt takeover its probably a trap. Similar with Vanity, although unsure on those. I suspect 5/3 is as big as you want to go, ideally just GFI but probably needing more than 3 of them. False lead is naturally great, and hostile is okay. Stand-off is going to be great when it comes out and its possible that Jemison’s viability is going to rely on that.

2 Likes

Stand-off won’t let you fast advance 5/3’s though

But it will let you fast advance your false leads and your project atlas, or just provide fodder for the oberth so you can fast advance a 4/2.

1 Like

Standoff is a grren level clearnace that feeds into your game plan. Will be an auto include

4 Likes

Isn’t it a GLC that costs 3 clicks instead of one? Doesn’t seem a fair comparison. It’s. 2/0 that (may) get you a card and 5c right? So it nets one more credit than GLC at the expense of your whole turn.