Jemison Glacier/FA

Hi!

Could you give me some tips to improve this Jemison Glacier/FA list? I would like to play it without a kill package. A Pure glacier/FA

New Corp Deck

Jemison Astronautics: Sacrifice. Audacity. Success. (Daedalus Complex)

Agenda (13)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (15)

Barrier (7)

Code Gate (8)

Sentry (3)

• 3x Archer (Revised Core Set)

Multi (1)

• 1x Orion (Order and Chaos)

3 influence spent (max 15, available 12)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I’d reduce standoff to 1 and try to work in 2 false leads. I like the GFIs and atlases. 3 Oberths is a must. Not a big fan of advanceable ice. I’d still include the junebugs as a way to protect Oberths. If you don’t want to kill people, then just let them run it and rez before their final window to jackout. Then FA the next turn on a preinstalled oberth. crisium is also going to be increasingly important again. A single corporate town is good tech against some runners and it can set up a game winning if trigger if needed. Finally consider shipment from tennin or calibration testing.

For ICE…not a big fan of of the advancable high cost ice…even with priority construction. I do like architect to bring back junebugs that must be dealt with in this deck since it can protect oberths. I also like 2x meru, 3x icewall, 1x tith, 1x archer. 3x Hortum, 1xmacrophage, 1x mausolus, 3x architect. I’d probably ditch the commercializations. Include a beanstalk if you’re worried about econ. This deck shouldn’t need a lot of credits to work well.

Remember that Fast advance should also play fast so the ICE shouldn’t be something you need a lot of credits or clicks to play. You’re generally looking for ICE that don’t set you back or have too many conditions. Archer and Tith are fine situationally but they’ll generally slow down your other main plan which is to score agendas.

1 Like

I think so far I’ve had the most success so far with Jemison as in identity, maybe in the world, having had tournament success with three different builds (this isn’t saying much, since not many people play Jemison, as it’s fun but not amazing). There’s a couple ways to play it. One is as a FA/Rush deck, kind of as @analogBrad is describing. The other is as a more Glaciery deck with some FA tools to help you get there.

First, no matter which way you’re going, you really want 3 Oberth Protocols. They let Jemison do what it wants to do; sacrifice agendas to score bigger agendas. When you sacrifice an agenda and have to just use the advancements for some ICE, it kinda sucks; agendas are much better.

Second, I’d spend some of that left-over 12 influence. Spending all your influence is a great idea no matter what, but I’d say it goes double for Weyland, since a lot of their cards are kinda garbage.

I’m also in agreance that the Space ICE (Asteroid, Nebula, and Orion) are probably too slow to play. They’re really only playable if you hit one with a Priority, but since you have 7 of them in your deck, the time will come where you have to put one on a central, and then it’s way, way to slow and expensive to have to advance it into something that makes any sense to rez.

Here’s a list I’ve been having some success with that’s similar to yours. I’ll discuss it afterwords. It actually includes a lot of what we’re talking about here.

FA Vanity

Jemison Astronautics: Sacrifice. Audacity. Success. (Daedalus Complex)

Agenda (13)

Asset (3)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (12)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (5)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Down the White Nile

The first thing you’ll notice is that I’m playing a Vanity. This is something I like in Priority Construction Jemison because it gives me something to do with the advancement tokens. Namely, use Red Planet Couriers to score it out of hand with Biotic. This is fairly easy to do if you are able to score an Atlas with 2 counters off of an Oberth protocol (click one, install Atlas onto an unrezzed Oberth, rezzing it by saccing a 1-pointer, advancing Atlas twice; Click 2, advance Atlas, which is then advanced again by Oberth; Click 3, advance again and score). This usually allows you to go off and score Vanity once you see one of the 3 pieces, or at least finish advancing things so that you can very soon. If you don’t like it, just replace it, Oaktown, and Pop-up, and replace them with 2 Global Foods and maybe an Meru Mati.

Another thing I’ve done is put a lot more into the deck that can go into the remote. With Priority Construction, one of the best advantages of it is being able to quickly create a fairly scary remote, and it’s best to take advantage of that by shoving things into it for the runner to run on (or that they can’t run on). I usually run 2x Shipment From Tennin, but I’m using that influence to try out Calibration Testing instead. It’s another thing to go in the remote, which I like a lot, and doesn’t have the restriction about the runner not running, but it’s also much more expensive, and takes a turn to set up. So far I think I like it, but as I said, still testing. NGO Front is completely busted and one of the best cards in the deck, since you can make the runner run and spend their money, and then go ahead and take 8 credits at the same time. I’m also a sucker for Sapper, which gives R&D a little more protection by allowing you to potentially trash programs if they’re unlucky enough to access it. It’s also great vs MK Ultra for Anarchs, costing 3 to break.

Anyhow, that’s my take on the deck. Either way, I’d find a way to spend that influence, get another Oberth in there, and maybe get some better ICE. If you have any questions or comments, don’t be afraid to ask!

3 Likes

I still love Junebug in Jemison. I totally play it as a mere defensive card for my oberths in my local shop so that my friendly opponents don’t hate me. But it still leaves the possibility to kill your opponent if they’re a douchebag and/or playing un-interactive runner stuff like the old blackmail/siphon stuff.

3 Likes

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - Wikipedia.

1 Like

Actually any Jenison deck with an asset or upgrade that lets you sac agendas to it (such as Oberth or Corp Town) and a Mausolus has a cheeky kill available. If they happen to run on only 2 cards against either an unrezzed Maus or a Maus that they just plan on walking through and taking the single damage, just rez Oberth, saccing an agenda worth enough points to fully advance Mausolus. Surprise! You’re taking 3 net damage instead. No one sees it coming.

2 Likes

Spoken like a player with a high-functioning meta.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the replies! :smiley:

@Saan, thank you especially for the detailed explanation and the decklists, I am a n00b, so every word is welcome. :slight_smile: I had your Vanity Project build in mind when I thought about trying out Jemison.

You are both right and you convinced me, I will change the agenda suit, add one more Oberth, use the influence and change the ICE suit.

I still have a couple of questions:

Why? o.O I am not sure why False Leads, Standoff can give you your money back or a Firmware Update can give you some free advancement counters? Just for the forfeit ability?

You convinced me, I didn’t even think about the protection value.

[quote=“analogBrad, post:2, topic:9671”]
Crisium is also going to be increasingly important again.
[/quote]True.

I am new to the “real” meta (the current one) I have never played with or against Corporate Town, it looks like a great include.

Yeah your ICE suit looks to be more usefull, I don’t get the Tithonium and the Macrophage though. Does the deck still have enough forfeitable agendas for Tithonium? Also Paperclip breaks it for 4 I think, that doesn’t seem to be that taxing? For Macrophage I thought viruses aren’t a thing yet in the current meta (I thought they might become powerfull at the end of the cycle, but not really useable yet)?

What do you think about the agenda suit with -2 False Leads, +1 Oaktown, +1 Standoff?
And -1 Pop-Up Window, -1 NGO Front, +1 Junebug +1 Fast Track?

Here is the final deck (mostly the same as yours),

2 Likes

Definitely looks playable. Play it and tune it up based on what draw you wish you had and what draw doesn’t seem helpful when you have it. I like the False Leads cause they trigger anytime. You might catch a runner waiting to run a GFI on click three. You forfeit false lead and and score it out. It’s also a great for the junebugs threat since it has a permanent self trash ability once scored. Any facedown card is a potential 4 net damage junebug.

1 Like

I used to love Friendsing a Junebug and an Oberth and sing nana nana nahhh nahhhh.

False Lead is good because you can throw a Global Food in a remote unadvanced, and if the runner doesn’t run on it click one or two, you forfeit the False Lead, ending the runner’s turn and advancing the Global Food twice. On your turn, you now get to advance it. I really like doing this with an Archer over the remote that I suspect they can’t get by as well. That way, if they do run it, you forfeit a 1-pointer, advancing Global Food twice. If they don’t run it, you forfeit False Lead, advancing Food twice. It’s a fun fork with good endings on both sides. Similarly, you can do this with a Project Atlas in order to gain 1-2 counters on it.

As for the deck list, I think it looks perfectly fine. I’m a big fan of Fast Track as well. I think analogBrad was recommending Macrophage because many decks run Aumakua and/or Tapwrm, and this gives you a way to interact with those cards in a hopefully beneficial way.

Oh, and I like Tithonium because it’s another ICE that’s a pain to deal with. Paperclip still breaks it for 4, and that’s a huge pain, but when you’re probably rezzing it for free, 4 is a fine tax. That and people don’t seem to mind face-checking things when they have both a Sentry breaker and a Code Gate breaker out, and this punishes against that HARD. If it does fire, it’s real good.

4 Likes