[Jinteki RP] Death Row

Death Row

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (8)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
1x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]●[/color]
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (25)
3x Bio-Ethics Association (Democracy and Dogma) [color=#DC143C]★★★[/color]
1x Clone Suffrage Movement (Democracy and Dogma) [color=#8A2BE2]●●[/color]
3x Encryption Protocol (Trace Amount) [color=#8A2BE2]●●●[/color]
3x Hostile Infrastructure (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)
3x Synth DNA Modification (Daedalus Complex)
3x Tech Startup (The Valley)
3x Turtlebacks (The Source)

Operation (5)
1x Cerebral Static (The Spaces Between)
3x Friends in High Places (Martial Law) [color=#8A2BE2]●●●[/color]
1x Voter Intimidation (Fear the Masses)

Barrier (4)
2x Chiyashi i[/i]
2x Kakugo (Daedalus Complex)

Code Gate (4)
2x Crick (Breaker Bay)
2x DNA Tracker i[/i]

Sentry (3)
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Daedalus Complex

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I played against this while testing New PPVP Kate in Casual, and just had no clue how you’re supposed to fight this. I was close to stabilizing, having finally killed the Sundews through all three FiHP… And he rezzes a Clone Suffrage Movement. At that point I gave up trying to kill his money, and shortly after I realized that I was just dead to the Bio-Lock.

The most recent list I could find was called ‘Death Row - 4th at PAX East’ on NetrunnerDB. I updated it for Daedalus Complex and took it for a spin.

And immediately crushed a Criminal deck, through two Siphons. With no ICE. Just… How do you beat this? Slums is required, and then hope they don’t win the Voter Intimidation psi game? Even worse, this is a rough list, that I just threw together. I feel the Synth DNA Modification could probably be something else. (They just happen to give a scoring plan if you install them and advance something behind a Kakugo.)

1 Like

Have slums don’t take points unless they make you usually works pretty well.

Feedback filter is a hard counter for something like Congress Kate, who can afford spending that much every turn, generally speaking.

Other than that, I find for most runners hitting centrals and checking remotes for naked agendas is better than trying to contest their board state, because between CSM and FiHP, unless you have slums you’re probably just going to see them again in the next following turns. If you can’t afford the tempo hit, I would argue it’s rarely worth trying to trash their stuff.

1 Like

Back when this deck was first popular I crushed it several times in a row with 3-Indexing Gabe.

Desperado and the ID ability are worth so much money that I found it pretty trivial to just play pure control and scrub their entire board. Some things (i.e. Turtlebacks) would live for a turn or two but eventually their board would be gone and I would get paid to swipe agendas from HQ.

Anywho, I dominated the matchup enough with Gabe that I suspect Whizzard is completely hopeless (the one time I tried out this deck I got crushed by a Whizzard and n=1 and confirmation bias are enough for me here).

1 Like

I’ve beaten similar decks a few times (even piloted by a much stronger player on the corp side), and watched it lose to a variety of decks at the last tournament I was at.

I don’t claim to be able to beat it 100% of the time, but it is very manageable. Even worst-case you can make a game of it.

Firstly, Kakugo isn’t really worth a slot imho. What little ICE you have in this deck you really want the runner to have to break something painful/expensive when they encounter it on a central server before they go after assets. Runners bounce harmlessly off Kakugo and move on to clearing assets. I always feel much better as the runner when I see this ICE rezzed.

You can keep the money down by trashing assets and never letting up. If/when you can no longer keep up, 20+ cards have been removed from R&D, making HQ and R&D very rich in agendas. Transition from managing the board to attacking centrals for agendas. Depending on when the last Jackson was used HQ may be very flooded.

Feeback Filter + Money turns this off pretty well. Tapworm + SacCon when the corp is on 50c+ is a pretty strong economy. If you can turn off net damage this deck has 0 game. Slums to rfg bioethics achieves a similar result.

Cams Hayley (a terrible idea in a skorp meta) runs 3 copies of Levy. That’s a lot of net damage to mill through.

So…
Option 1: Have Slums, both in your deck, and find it early, and play it, and don’t lose the PSI to Voter Intimidation, or have a backup.

Option 2: Play Congress Kate with Feedback Filter and make an extra 3 credits or a draw every turn to ignore the net damage.

Option 3: Play Gabe+Desperado or Whizzard.

Option 4: Ignore their board state and check remotes for naked agendas (spending two clicks every turn, because RP. Presumably the other two clicks are drawing to replace Bio-Ethics net damage.)

Why does every Option except #3 look like a really poor idea…? Mostly I’m looking for a deck that will beat both this AND Skorpios… I might need to explore Gabe+Desperado some more.

I imagine even Shapers (perennial dogs in asset-spam matchups) can have a decent percentage just luck-sacking Indexing / Interdiction / Dash with like a Net Shield so they don’t have to worry about losing combo pieces to a single Bio-Ethics.

Maybe? You’d need Film Critic to reliably take the TFP’s, and otherwise have to get 3 of the other 5 agendas… Not impossible, but definitely hard.

I had been considering just running Net Shield in my Shapers, at least IRL Locally, because there’s always at least one PU player and they tend to deal around 1 damage a turn… (Or Snare)

I should mention that it’s not even that hard to beat with Opus, tbh.

You’ll eventually fall behind, but if you’re smart about when to shift from board-control mode to YOLO mode you have an OK percentage.

I think Whiz + Strike + Slums is very good against the field. (I actually really enjoy the Whiz vs Skorpios matchup - it’s a real skill-tester on both sides, centered around current management and tempo, though if the Whiz player plays thoughtfully I think they’re favored.) Which isn’t a world I’m happy to live in, but there you go.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’m just going to take this style of deck to my store’s league matches until someone figures out a way to beat it… I’ll just have to shower after every match, it’s fine.

As for me, I’ll have a look at Gabe+Desperado, but I think you’re right that Whiz+Strike+Slums is the best deck to be using. Probably an L4J variant, instead of a Dumblefork variant…

I played a lot of Prison RP pre-MWL 1.2, and I think you really want a Liz Mills in there to beat Slums. You can tutor her up with the Tech Startups, and having a BP is significantly better for you than having to battle through Slums. Voter Intimidation makes for a nice backup plan against Slums, but I’m not sure I’d want to rely on it as my only tech.