[Jinteki RP] Red Rush!

I had the same thought. I was thinking 2 Architect, 2 cortex would be a great sentry setup.

1 Like

Architect is a thought. More anti-parasite tech. But only one? Could free up some influence with Blue Level to Green Level switch I guess.

Another thought for Eli replacement is Galahad. Potential to tax 2 Lady tokens, and if you have your second Excalibur in hand it’s a must break if runner is planning to bounce and hit a remote. Would want 3 Galahad’s minimum though.

Galahad make your amount of ICEs weak to parasite a bit too high in my opinion. But architect is certainly something good in this kind of gameplan.

Here we go with a list playing Architect and GLC :

RP Rush

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)

Asset (7)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (12)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

Other (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

If you’re going to include MRF and remove NAPD’s it might be reasonable to replace MHC’s with a mix of Gifts and Restructures.

edit: or maybe Gift, Restructure, Snare!

At this point, there’s probably no reason to play RP over Nisei Division, Tennin or PE except maybe for ELP ;).

[edit]
Just tried a first game against a random guy on OCTGN playing Reg Maxx. I won by riding the fast tracked nisei train before her deck got empty. Got my DBS in hand for like 3-4 turns and found out that it was too slow for what I wanted to do in this game and in the end it didnt got played at all. Maybe we should go for 0 DBS with 2 BLC + 2 other econ cards instead of 1 DBS + 3 GLC.

2 Likes

If we’re talking Jinteki rush decks in general, one deck I am interested in is @tmoiynmwg’s Nisei Division rush deck. I tried it recently and was surprised by how effective it was.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a nice spin on the Gozik Power Shutdown / Archer rush deck. Stronger than what people gives credit to it, for sure.

For those interested in playing around with the deck, here’s the latest (untested) version with Cortex Lock and no Port Anson Grid. :cry:

In Your Head
Nisei Division: The Next Generation

Agenda (10)
3x Clone Retirement
3x Nisei MK II
1x Philotic Entanglement
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (6)
2x Jackson Howard ••
3x Mental Health Clinic
1x Snare!

Upgrade (4)
3x Caprice Nisei
1x Corporate Troubleshooter •

Operation (11)
3x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
2x Power Shutdown ••••
2x Successful Demonstration ••

Barrier (3)
3x Snowflake

Code Gate (5)
3x Chum
2x Enigma

Sentry (10)
3x Archer ••••• •
3x Cortex Lock
3x Pup
1x Tsurugi

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

3 Likes

Yes, I think you are correct there. My main reason for choosing RP way back when was the Ruhr Valley interaction. Now that is jettisoned. Also removed are the taxing central ICE that need to be broken. ELP, MHC, and Chimera may the only things now keeping this deck in RP. Nisei division is really powerful when abusing Caprice and TFP to maximum extent.

Why not just brainstrust then ? I like Napd as sometimes, I bet on a potential window to score it and don’t care if it get stolen.

2 Likes

i wouldn’t move it out of RP. i think the other IDs give up too many runs at the scoring remote. RP is so brutal because it can seem so hopeless as the runner you don’t even try at the remote when the correct play is to run at the remote. cutting down at least one of those runs at the remote per turn without expending any resources is incredibly valuable.

I tried out with Biotech instead of RP but it was too reliant on Excalibur + Nisei / Caprice.
Gone back to RP after a couple of games.

I saw this deck in the posted thread list, and it looked pretty interesting and definitely something I wanted to tool around with.

I saw it at work and my immediate thought was Cortex lock, but someone beat me to it.

Thanks for posting it and I look forward to messing around with it.

Here’s what I’ve played tonight

Nisei jammin

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
3x Medical Breakthrough
3x Nisei MK II
1x Philotic Entanglement
2x The Future Perfect

Asset (8)
2x Daily Business Show ••
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (12)
1x Blue Level Clearance ••
2x Fast Track
2x Green Level Clearance ••
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
3x Medical Research Fundraiser

Barrier (4)
2x Himitsu-Bako
2x Wraparound ••

Code Gate (4)
1x Enigma
1x Lotus Field
2x Quandary

Sentry (4)
2x Architect ••••
2x Cortex Lock

Other (5)
3x Chimera
2x Excalibur

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Cortex is awesome in here, If they Parasite your stuff, they don’t have permanent breakers installed, and get hit even harder by cortex. And getting architect down then hitting them with Cortex after the grab Mimic is really good too.I can’t say Eli would be bad in here, but I suppose he’s less hot without ELP, and I haven’t missed ELP at all. Clearances and Business Shows are sick. Might not need the second fast track. But then again, it is OCTGN, and I’ve had 7 of the 9 agendas be in the top 15 cards every game I’ve played so far. Nisei Counters have been used exclusively on Legworks in practice.

1 Like

On the test i’ve done, Architect has been blank for me. it’s not like NBN or HB where you can just score out something if architect trigger or have a strong edge like installing an already trashed sansan / adonis. I’ll maybe swap it out for something else.

1 Like

I’ve been really happy with it - putting caprice in a remote, or just adding another ice can speed you up a full turn, and you can definitely score later in the game off architect installs with breakthrough and Philotic. I’m really into it so far.

What I’d be worried about is that the first breaker people like to install vs Jinteki is Mimic, and some people won’t run at all without some kind of sentry breaker. How are you managing to fire it? Or are people just running into ice without minding the card loss?

1 Like

I’ve been playing with fast track in RP since start of SC season, the nisei train is a real thing. Usually you only need one.

The thing with RP rush, which makes its different to normal rush decks a la HB, is that the ID ability requires a slightly modified approach. Flooding cheap ETR is the standard rush tactic but if your doing that, your better out of tennin. For RP you want ICE that forces interaction, the first sub should never be hard ETR unless its your scoring remote. Ichi 1.0 is the best ICE in this respect for a rush/midrange RP deck, i’d argue better than Architect. Cortex Lock is also very, very good iv found in testing.

Markus to a certain extent is arguably better the Eli in RP. sits and awaits the shitstorm for saying that

Not rush, but my current midrange build looks like this:

Edit: I’m interested in further speed optimisation so i’m going to play around with the sundew slots, as Calimsha said it’s too damn long game for the ROI.

RP Midrange

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
1x Chronos Project
2x Fetal AI
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (10)
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
1x PAD Campaign
3x Sundew

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (8)
3x Celebrity Gift
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns

Barrier (3)
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Markus 1.0 •
1x Wraparound •

Code Gate (6)
2x Enigma
1x Lotus Field
1x Quandary
2x Wormhole ••••

Sentry (8)
3x Cortex Lock
3x Ichi 1.0 ••••• •
2x Pup

Other (2)
2x Excalibur

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Just for giggles here’s the rush variant out of tennin.

Tennin Rush

Tennin Institute: The Secrets Within

Agenda (11)
3x Braintrust
1x Chronos Project
1x Gila Hands Arcology
3x Medical Breakthrough
3x Nisei MK II

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
1x PAD Campaign

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (8)
3x Celebrity Gift
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns

Barrier (6)
2x Himitsu-Bako
2x Ice Wall ••
1x Markus 1.0 •
1x Wraparound •

Code Gate (7)
2x Enigma
1x Lotus Field
2x Quandary
2x Wormhole ••••

Sentry (5)
3x Cortex Lock
2x Ichi 1.0 ••••

Other (2)
2x Excalibur

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Bit late to the party, but I wanted to say good to play you in the SSCI!

The beauty of your deck was that when I saw the ID, I thought to myself “I’ve got some time here” and was a bit relaxed about what I should do and probably gave your ICE too much respect (not knowing what was there and expecting some Cortex Lock).

The advantage you’ve got is people will expect a slower game from RP and the super speedy Nisei plus Fast Track for another really put the game out of reach before I could get going.

I might try a more original version of your deck despite everyone else’s revisions above … :smiley: