[Jinteki RP] Red Rush!

I’d be tempted for booth over susan if only because it forces an interaction over a central. I personally found ICE you can’t just bounce off to be the right choice for RP, although i understand a lot of players get good use out of lots of hard stop ICE. Although susan over a scoring remote is savage.

Doing some thread necromancy here so i dont dilute the RP glacier thread with rush nonsense. @Xenasis made a really good point about the viability of Excalibur in RP, and whether or not it was suitable for a glacier type build. I can really see his point so i was going to re-attempt a rush build to try and see how Ex fits in a slightly different ICE suite to modern RP.

This also got me thinking about rush ICE in general, im interested in how people who have been playing RP rush have been getting on with it and what ICE have they found to be doing serious work?

Also, i was interested in peoples ideas for crazy splashes like caduceus in an RP rush deck?

When I tried rush, this list was the one I liked best. It’s still not some amazing super-technology and has some pretty questionable ICE choices; any criticism it can be given is probably valid. There’s a reason I’ve not brought it to any tournaments. The reason I’m posting it is because I think there might be some merit to a similar shell or idea that I couldn’t quite get right myself.

It’s certainly some (potentially not-very-tasty) food for thought on the discussion of ICE choices for a faster RP.

Hybrid RP (49 cards)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
3 NAPD Contract
3 Nisei MK II
3 The Future Perfect

Asset (9)
3 Jackson Howard
3 Mental Health Clinic
3 Sundew

Upgrade (4)
1 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3 Caprice Nisei

Operation (9)
1 Anonymous Tip
3 Celebrity Gift
2 Fast Track
3 Hedge Fund

Barrier (6)
3 Eli 1.0
3 Markus 1.0

Code Gate (7)
3 Enigma
1 Quandary
3 Viper

Sentry (3)
3 Pup

ICE (2)
1 Chimera
1 Excalibur

It aimed to be potent at rushing out agendas whilst having respectable decent mid to late game. The key thing to point out here is the reason I’m splashing for so much barely-playable ICE is so I have a reasonable and low-to-the-ground ICE suite that can tax but also rezzes cheaply. There aren’t many good options in faction, but if there were, this type of deck would be considerably better. Excalibur is pretty good in any list with Fast Track in it, but it can still be dead weight.

It was okay, but I didn’t think it was as good (generally) as bog standard RP. It’s not amazing against Kate (yay Markus), but you can still win against good players if you choose the right moments and win psi games. Overall, I just couldn’t justify this compared to the HB rush/hybrid deck if I wanted the speed, or vs normal RP if I wanted RP.

1 Like

I’m still fairly convinced by Biotech (Greenhouse division) if you want to rush in Jinteki. You (almost) get the econ advantage of GRNDL without either of the drawbacks.

1 Like

When I see those decks play, I very regularly see them install a Nisei and click for a credit, which is a minuscule bonus compared to what RP gives you. Sure, you threaten unadvanced remotes, but only pre-flip. Biotech’s ability is significantly worse, and sure, there will be some games where it’s great, but most games it really won’t matter. I’d happily take my Sundews and better overall stronger ability and flexible game-plan.

Another subtle advantage is the fact that when they see RP across the table, they will assume Glacier (Grail or standard), which is definitely a bonus when you’re running something non-standard.

Comparing GRNDL to Biotech is like comparing RP glacier to BABW glacier, one’s just significantly better. :stuck_out_tongue:

All this being said, I’d rather just play RP if I wanted glacier and GRNDL if I wanted rush.

Played around with a Nisei division rush for a while. Chum does some serious work (and Snowflake as well, but that’s very much a Nisei only option). Outside of Cyber-cypher it’s difficult to break early game and nearly always provokes a jack-out if the ICE below is un-rezed.

Imo biotech is better too. We have a lot of valencia here, and being able to score a non adv nisei is huge in this matchup. Same could be said about kate matchup, as she really has no trouble breaking into a remote once she knows an agenda is lying there, wich is my main concern with jinteki agenda suit.

Idle thought: Putting Chum in front of Cortex Lock means they can’t ignore it by filling up their memory.

1 Like

Thanks @Xenasis, the list youve stuck up looks pretty similar to the one im playing around with. Agreed that potentially its not going to be as strong as Modern RP (what iv taken to calling the glacier builds doing the rounds, probably inaccurate), but i think ill give it a shot - there are some great design choices in your list that im going to borrow quite liberally :smile:

FWIW i was thinking of taking this for a joy ride at some point. I think it avoids dying to atman @4, and has enough cheap etr ICE to get moving quickly. I have nothing but love for fast track in RP. Lack of sundews scares me somewhat.

RP Rush

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)

Asset (8)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (11)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (7)

Other (1)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Fast track nisei mk2, install, install carprice is the best use of the ability. 4 free creds when you’re trying to rush and the ability to score from broke after rezzing ice etc. I think it’s quite good.

It doesn’t help you to score your second nisei or your TFP the same way RP does, tho.

@Xenasis > From the testing i’ve done, I think sundew is WAY too slow for a deck who usually want to win before turn 10-12. Also, Ash rely on econ advantage where the plan of nisei rushing behind excalibur / caprice can be done without much econs. Right now, I think if you want to play a fast deck you need to double gear check on your remote by turn 3-4 at worst and be able to draw consistently your rush engine (namely : excalibur / caprice) with an open HQ or an Open R&D. Except your lone anon-tip, there’s nothing who help you do that in your list.

Back on topic, that’s my latest list :

RP Rush

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)

Asset (3)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (16)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (5)

Other (2)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

As you could see, I totally removed the asset econ for a pure op draw/econ engine. There’s exactly 4 pieces of ICEs who cost 5 and more to rez and everything else cost 3 or less. I’ve put back the Pup mostly because I really do like to rush NAPD behind.

Genetic Resequencing is so good and fits in a rush style well. I advise everyone to at least add one copy of that card and try it out.

1 Like

Will do, probably instead of a NAPD (then I will probably go back to 3 nisei / 3 TFP instead of 3 Nisei / 2 TFP / 1 Philotic)

It was absolutely killing me at 5/9/15 regionals. Nisei token is the new Astro token.

2 Likes

How do you feel about DBS in a rush build?

Too slow. Way too slow.

1 Like

I played it in HB Rush and it was solid, but HB can more readily afford the 2 credits and it wants to be installing cards to make use of the ability. Even then it wasn’t stellar.

1 Like

Interesting that you’ve ejected the MHC’s. I can see the justification as it seems like good players usually trash those things right away, and only trades one click (and card) for two clicks and 3 creds from runner (and only 1 cred if runner has Desperado). But what is most interesting is that your ICE suite has morphed to one that could much better support the MHC’s, what with more prickly ICE to set up a centrals tax and CRICK!

With the MHC’s removed do you get a lot of value out of Crick?

My current build is similar to yours. Besides the MHC/Restructure swap my ICE suite is
-1 Ichi -1 Sherlock -2 Crick, -2 Pup
+1 Wrap, +1 Architect,+1 Hive, +1 Quandary, +2 Chimera

Chimera’s still do some work for that early score, but they are so sad when that SMC comes out. So they should probably be gone. Hive seems like it is working OK. Awfully good to get that Nisei chain rolling, or just shut down a central versus Lady early on. I did have Ichi1.0 in for a while. It did some work or was sad about 4tman. Might be better than Architect, which is my pseudo-Crick.

I trash a lot of cards by overdrawing, sometime I trash agenda as well and crick help me to recurse that.
I agree with you though. I think crick can probably go for something more useful for the rush gameplan.