King of Servers 2015 - ANRPC Netrunner Team Tournament at Worlds

If he’s out, I’ll be bringing Adam. Get at me.

Booked, mothertruckers.

http://www.vfwroseville.com/

Friday, November 6th. Got it all day, so, when Jack Carvis passes out, he’ll have some recovery time.

I think we’ll start around noon-ish, with it opened up around 11A. We’ll be in the basement, with a bar upstairs. They wanted us to pay for a bartender, so, I got one from 2P 'till we leave, just for us. Seating for up to 130, so, there WILL be a cap. If you want to play, form a team of 4, and we can go from there. $25 entry, I’m thinking. We have to drink at least $350, total (tough). We can order whatever beer we want, pretty much, but we have to pay for the whole case, whether or not we drink it. No outside food or drink. They have food on the premises, and I’ll have a limited menu forthcoming. We’ll prob. break for food around 4P, before they’re dinner ‘rush’.

Cool flyer forthcoming.

16 Likes

So… you use Surfer as sort of an Anarch Inside Job?

Why would you swap with a piece of ice before the barrier?

Sorry to derail

preregistration?

yassss. team format should be really fun! between this and the twolves/heat, FFG’s netrunner tournament is just a fun side-attraction for this trip.

guessing that’s $25 each person, not each team?

1 Like

You can “ride” an ice all the way in, it’s a super inside job in some cases. Even if the outside ice is a big barrier, if you have to break it, paying an additional 2 for each other ice is possibly going to save you some money. In the case of curtain wall, it makes the eventual break less expensive. I don’t know why you would ever pull ice the other direction… but you can? Maybe if someone plays a chum outside a barrier you’d move the barrier to the outside to not worry about the chum anymore, stuff like that?

I like it because it breaks the rules. And I want to play it with paintbrush. :frowning:

Redirect: Untested/Non-competitive Decklist MegaThread - #453 by gumOnShoe

2 Likes

[quote=“spags, post:152, topic:4690”]
If you want to play, form a team of 4
[/quote]sounds like the tournament has already begun

1 Like

I’d be willing to help with broadcasting if you like. Getting some new broadcasting equipment this week that should make it easier to do a mobile stream.

4 Likes

Yes, unless we want nigh zero prizes.

I’ll create a form tomorrow.

Metagames.

They have wi-fi, I believe, so we should be good to do some streaming.

Team locked in. Looking forward to this one a great deal.

2 Likes

This team tournament demands a name:

•NETRUMBLE
•KING OF SERVERS 2015
•MEMSTRIPS VS CAPSTONE 2: NEW AGE OF HEROES

9 Likes

An American Tale 3 Fivel Goes Midwest

5 Likes

@spags can you relay the specifics of how the format will be? Deckbuilding restrictions in particular.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it be Fourvel goes midwest? Or am I misunderstanding the team format

4 Likes

oh come on. 3 of you put your competitive urgency aside and go professor!

:wink:

TeamHack World Championships 2015?

3 Likes

Me, you, Abhram and Mandie. Team Prof. Not even the Indiana Jones variety. More like Bruce Campbell exchanging his Hawaiian shirts for bowling shirts.

Only if you can build consoles out of coconuts.

1 Like

Unfortunately, us Utah peeps won’t get in until later in the day, so Team Yeah Gurrrl will be sitting out. But I’m assuming stuff will still be going on, since you’ve booked all day, yeah?

Don’t worry, I’ll try to drink ~$50 of alcohol. My team needs a handicap anyways.

5 Likes