King of Servers 2015 - ANRPC Netrunner Team Tournament at Worlds

I see no one has mentioned my implication that Donut Taganes is dead, or that they even care.

7 Likes

Just saw that other tournament has a 10am start, thought it was 8am for some reason. Iā€™d actually prefer a noon start, if we can get more players in that way (see flights coming in Friday morning).

2 Likes

Do you want to have a team tournament?

Do you want to sit in your teams?

These are the same questions

4 Likes

My thought process: Yeah, that makes sense.

Liz Mills: Hands up.
Donut: Thatā€™ll be a $.
Liz Mills: K.

5 Likes

I made a LFG pool. If you want to get on a team, sign up here. If you want to make a team, send people messages over the Stimhack forums.

##King of Servers LFG Signup

###View list

5 Likes

My 2cents: pods would be more balanced and ā€œfair.ā€ Team A vs Team B format would be more rumble in the jungle.

I think I speak for most of us here when I saw weā€™re ok with sacrificing a little balance for more rumble.

7 Likes

Iā€™m in agreement here.

That was my thought. With a fair amount of money on the line (BTW, my poll about me taking money was a joke, FWIW), I didnā€™t know how competitive or not people wanted this.

Itā€™s heavily leaning towards team on team, with seating within the matchup based on current prestige. Makes my life about 78% easier. I will def. be drinking more now.

3 Likes

All the cool kids are ganging together to beat down on the weenies anyway. Rumble away, I say.

Losers can finish early and form a ring around the top teams to ensure none of the players tries to flee. We can bash our swords against our shields as well to up the tension.

Sorry, too much Thrones

6 Likes

Can you communicate with your teammates during the games and help eachother out(see mtg team format) or is it just friendly encouragement and thats it.

MTG allows teamwork only after a player has completed a game. Not the same game and hidden information makes me 50-50 on that question.

sure hope the money part doesnā€™t spoil what could be a fun time.

Likely everyone will still be cool but I confess iā€™m a touch paranoid.

2 Likes

How about the winners buy the field a round at the bar?

1 Like

I think that is fair.

That was going to be up for debate for the finals. Personally, I like teamtalk throughout.

2 Likes

I like team talk as well

1 Like

With @xavi on my team, team talk will be necessary.

ā€œTRASH THAT FREAKING DBS RIGHT NOW!ā€

3 Likes

What about betting?

1 Like

You hear that Joe? bring your rumbling supplies

2 Likes

did not know that although they have the ā€œcaptainā€ system now which is different then when I played it

I may be wrong; I played in a team draft tournament with people who actually care about 2 weeks ago. They said it was post game you were allowed to go over and consult with your team mates who were still playing. That may be unique to team draft? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s an MTG expert about.

My big concern is that people who are likely to be analytical already could slow down the tournament if theyā€™re being analytical for 4 people.

@spags may need to buy chess clocks after all. :wink: There goes all the moneyā€¦

1 Like