Kitara Cycle: I bless the rains down in africaaa~

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m ready for Netrunner Unglued.

9 Likes

Sure. But don’t take those old rules by the letter, or else reading those rules leads to infiny clone chips for runners : “Clic: Install from, well doesn’t care, just install”.

Scan these and do tell where installing a card for the runner specifies grip or hand ?

Anyway:
3x Reclaim
3x Same Old Thing
3x Diversion of Funds
3x say Emergency Shutdown

Good Stuff Crim is back, dudes.

Gosh, “virtual”. Great. You can now Black File forever. Dang, not even that :confused:

My point is exactly that we have never taken the old rules by the letter, we’ve understood that they imply installs come from grip/HQ unless stated otherwise. The fact that we do not use a basic actions to install cards from Heap/Archives affirms this.

1 Like

Cards comes from HQ for the basic install action for the corp, and for the runner from ??? is what is written in rules.

(I’d happilly move on to a discussion like “hey, what will be the unsleeved man’s card, is this for this cycle ?” or “omg, that nombo is so op”, since we will know what this card is about in monthes or something)

I’m thinking about what opens hardware recursion with Reclaim since that virtual ressource recursion only is meh. I was thinking about some crash test dummy decks, until I realize the said dummy rotated out :confused:

Cool crash anyway. Can’t die if Larla-ing.

Hardware recursion was something I wanted since C&C, but it actually lost a lot of its power with Kate out and the rotation :confused:

Given this reply from @jakodrako in the rules question thread, I think we can settle that Mti installs ice from HQ.

It seems really strong to me and definitely hits early run-pressure runners pretty hard with Jinteki’s spiky ice. We will see how it plays out.

2 Likes

I made a new Jinteki card for this great expansion, which I love.

https://imgur.com/5HhArlO

3 Likes

Needs to be a public agenda if you want the ability to be active while it’s installed

It’d be OP if it worked as intended.

So let’s spend 50 posts trying to creatively misinterpret it :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

The OP power of Blessing Type. Can be done in private!

Installing at the innermost position never incurs any cost, so the bolded part of this statement would be redundant, wouldn’t it?

Installing always costs how many ICE are currently protecting the server. Usually we think of it as “which position its in” but its not actually the rule.

7 Likes

That and also additional costs mandated by card effects.

2 Likes

Ah yes, good points both - I retract my comment above! :smile:

I just re-used the “at no cost” you can find on the real MTI :wink:

I wonder if the “in the innermost position” replace an ice ?

When I regularly install an ICE in the outermost position, I don’t trash the one ICE I have installed. Why on earth would I trash the inside ICE if I install in the innermost position?

2 Likes

“Once per turn, when the Runner approaches a server, you may install a piece of ice protecting that server in the innermost position, ignoring all costs. The Runner is now approaching that ice.”

What a shit show of wording. I hope this doesn’t get released like this. If “protecting that server” is an adjective describing the Ice you install, then it just actively helps the runner avoid Ice.

If it’s an install from HQ, then it will be the only ID worth playing. Bring on the notrunner, at least for the first five turns.

Maybe you can’t install ice unless there’s already ice on the server?

This ID has been discussed pretty thoroughly in this thread and also in the Rules Questions thread. TLDR; it lets you install a piece of ICE from HQ to the innermost position on server approach, and yanks the Runner to approach that ice. It seems pretty good.

10 Likes

What I really wish FFG would do is confirm design intent rather than relying on… Whatever process we used to arrive at this outcome. Fair enough, the card’s not even out yet—I fucking. hate. spoilers—but at least when something comes out I’d like to be able to understand how it was designed and tested.

What irks me about cards like Standoff is that they didn’t seem to know. It was a Damon card, he left, someone made a ruling (possibly a young M Boggs in his first week on the job) and then later realized “Wtf no.” Even without saying the obvious (“Let’s just call Damon and see what he meant”) do they not retain any documentary artifacts of the design process to refer back to? Seriously? (Note: Standoff has provided me hours of amusement both ways, plz never change FFG).

Also, I’m assuming every card in a cycle is read by playtesters? Why are so many cards apparently unambiguous during playtesting but ambiguous when revealed to the paying audience? Not looking for an answer here, but worth a thought.

8 Likes

Each deck archetype has a different sweet spot that depends on the agenda suite and the list itself. Check netrunnerdb.com, a tournament winning deck and go to the analyze or smth tab, there you can see the costs.

1 Like