Living the dream

Can you just look at the way the netrunner gods spite me in the first picture? None of my agendas were in the last 20 cards or so.

#MOTHER OF GOD

Last tournament three of my opponents checked that I only had 3 points, then decided to take money and steal the next agenda. Score Vanity FTW lol :smiley:

No braekers installed yet. Then I install a Femme and bypass the single R&D ICE. He tries to score in a remote with 2 unrezzed ICE. Test RUn for Femme on the HQ ICE. Escher. Move the ICE such that both remote ICE are bypassed. Run remote and steal The Future Perfect.

2 Likes

Cortez Chip and Zona Sul…

Welcome to Damon’s New World Order.

2 Likes

Playing noise as Haarp kill with Noise on 5 points and me on 2:

put a guttenberg over archives and rez jackson to start digging for combo pieces; find 2 QPM and 2 News teams. Dump them in archives.

Noise runs Jackson who I let him kill (I have a second unrezzed) then runs archives with d4v1d as his only breaker; takes the tag from guttenberg and accesses. I pull a few card out and let him hit the news team and 2 QPMs. 4 point swing to take the lead and I eventually win the scoring race (though I could have gone for a 24/7 kill but that was less guaranteed).

I loved the karma of a Noise archives run getting ME ahead 4 points ^o^.

2 Likes

Friend decides he’s finally made a viable Apex - Endless Hunger. “Sure!” I sez. “Let’s go.”

He does Apex-y silliness, half his deck is flat on the table facedown, I’m ticking along. His whole deal seems to be splashing shaper deep-dig stuff - ok, cool. Fair enough.

Finally he’s ready to reveal the MASTER PLAN. His Click One - Draw. Click Two - Indexing. I rez no ice yet, let him in - let’s see where this goes.

He smirks, Click Three - Maker’s Eye. Endless Hunger is sole breaker. He’s stone broke, but HUNGRY APEX NEEDS NO MEATBAG CURRENCY, right?

I rez Pop-Up Window.
“Ok,” he laughs condescendingly, “nice try, I break-”
“It’s not ETR.”
“Sure it is, it says -”
“Check the FAQ. Pop-Up Window is ‘ETR unless’, which is different.”
"…"
“Yes, that breaker is that bad.”

He was so mad.

He was so much madder when he ran my remote the next click - “Let’s get in SOMEWHERE.”

Hello, Turing baby!

I didn’t enjoy the winning so much as the watching him bounce off that stupid Pop-Up Window again when I rezzed RSVP in front of it next turn.

7 Likes

Apex Program- Icebreaker 5 influence
trash 2 installed cards, break a subroutine that endless hunger cannot break. Use this ability only if you have an installed endless hunger.

Bam, game is broken

What’s wrong with Grappling Hook + E3 Feedback Implants? Heartbeat gives you +1 MU to host it?

2 Likes

Doesn’t help with Pop-up :wink: Or Turing, more seriously.

With Apex, I use Eater because I’m hungry.
When playing this, the look on the face of the corp player is always a joy : “the hell, fucking no way !” :slight_smile:

1 Like

The image of an all-consuming AI destroyer rage quitting a run because it can’t deal with yet another meatbag pop-up window makes me happy (IT DOES NOT WISH TO SEE IF IT HAS ROYAL ANCESTRY FOR ONE EASY PAYMENT IT KNOWS IT WAS BIRTHED FROM HUNGER AND RAAAAAAGE). I would always Prey on pop-up windows and giggle a bit (NOW EVERYONE’S FATHER IS PIT BULL - STFU NBN).

Although, during my APEX phase (we all had them, at varying lengths) I had a couple “eat your rig for the win” games, which were fun. They definitely qualified as living the dream.

7 Likes

“Honey, Billy has been playing Apex for 2 weeks now! I’m starting to worry.”
“It’s just a phase. He’ll go back to real Netrunner soon enough.”

9 Likes

Seriously guys, we need to start playing early bird, mass install, and moar prey

2 Likes

This happened to me just a few minutes ago!

Got the turn 8 Mandatory upgrades behind Turing and Viktor 2.0, and rode it all the way to victory!

One of the recent articles on here said to play more aggressively. So that’s what I decided to do!

5 Likes

I’m MaxX against GRNDL. I manage to get him down to 4 creds after he scores a High Risk Investment. Rezzed Caprice behind 2 unrezzed ice in a remote. I have about 24 credits. Want to siphon him again soon but that HRI is a big problem. Eater and Turntable installed. Keyhole in hand.

Click 1: Install Keyhole
Click 2: Keyhole Run. He rezzes Spiderweb and is now broke. I break it and the icewall behind it. See The Future is Now, throw it into archives.
Click 3: Run archives, Turntable TFIN for HRI.
Click 4: Run Caprice. He rage quits.

Why oh why haven’t I been playing MaxX my whole life?

7 Likes

Small and cute move yesterday. The runner is running on a server with a middle rezzed Inazuma.

I rez outermost ice and Batty.
Batty fires for Inazuma sub.

The ice was a Grail Galahad : trash - trash - etr

Battyzuma thanks you for coming, and hopes to see you soon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

When I had a smaller card pool, I ran Ken with Comet. First click Early Bird into Sure Gamble or whatever and still having 4 clicks left was great. But it seemed less useful or efficient than other cards.

1 Like

battyzuma is nuts. so many rig wipes and flatlines from that combo :smiley:

I’m HB click-tax glacier against crazy Haley Faust. Both are at 5 or 6 points, the next score wins. Haley is running Faust with hand size of 15, but only 3 clicks per turn. HB scoring server has Ruhr Valley with ELP current, it costs the entire runner turn to run the scoring server. There are Agendas in archives, ABT in HQ, more in R&D.

Mandatory draw our savior Jackson Howard.

Install Jackson, install ABT, install Turing on scoring remote.

Haley runs the scoring remote. Rez Turing. Clone Chip installs junk, triggers Haley to install Parasite from hand, Datasucker does the rest, Turing is no more. 13 cards from Grip to Heap, and Haley accesses… Jackson Howard.

HB advances and scores the naked ABT to win the game. Engineering the jank for the win.

8 Likes

really smart play, highlights why 3/2s will always be the gold standard agenda, even in glacier. there’s always a way to score one out…

1 Like