Living the dream

Confession here: I hate playing against Noise. I hate his smug face, the way he’s smiling all the fucking time, the way he smiles harder the more he mills you…

I want to see Noise burn every. Single. Game.

So I love it when I get a turn 1 kill on Noise with cortex lock after he installs Grimoire.

Out of my Titan Rush deck.

7 Likes

16 Likes

Yes, very much like that. I will have to remember to call it the Jackson Castle next time! It’s also good to see I’m not the only one who has tried this.

Thanks, the image is perfect.

3 Likes

Trying to score an agenda behind a rezzed Janus. The runner runs click one, I rez the Twins - he gets ready to survive it twice - and as he encounters it the second time I use one of my two Vitruvius tokens to fetch the trashed Janus back into hand.

4x Janus, 16 brain damage :smiley:

This is legal, right? Somehow it feels wrong, but the Twins does chain, and each time he encounters it I get another paid ability window to fetch the trashed copy back?

5 Likes

It’s legal. You have a window to use the Vitruvius counter during the re-encounter.

2 Likes

http://imgur.com/abAa7rE

had to trash their Endless Hunger 4 times this game. to be fair inazuma into enigma / grim into enigma are about the perfect servers versus apex. they dropped a turn 2 e3 and endless hunger to crack my IA behind enigma turn 2 play (first time was score hostile). this was a great game, and inazuma in grndl is hilarious

3 Likes

Something ridiculous happened. At a 55 person store champs, it’s the second game in the last round of swiss and a win would put me on 8-4, possibly enough to make the cut if my SoS holds up (It didn’t). It’s tense.

I’m on 2 points and my hand is Biotic, Astro and 3 QPMs. He Same Old’s for Legwork through the Data Raven protecting HQ. Suddenly I’m on 5 points and next turn I biotic out the Astro for the game. It was jammiest win of my life.

18 Likes

Everyone probably has a better ABT story but this was gorgeous: runner lets an Architect fire (…just say no, kids) on their last click, I see Ichi 1.0, Food, Breaker Bay, Ichi 2.0, ABT. Have a Jackson on the board. Install ABT into new remote, gain an ETF buck, score it next turn for a free Ichi 2, use Jackson to cycle the Food back into RnD. For the other sub I recurred a CVS which the runner hit checking Archives the next turn, to add a virus purge to injury.

3 Likes

Living the nightmare.

The Corp got me to run past a Data Raven into quantum predictive model 3 times in one game. Hate.

1 Like

If only you were running Jes…

2 Likes

http://netrunnerdb.com/bundles/netrunnerdbcards/images/cards/en/10006.png

1 Like

Hayley v New Angeles Sol
Making a run on a remote that I know has a Keegan Lane in it. On my scheherazade is an inti, sahasrara, chameleon, and a D4v1d. The server is unrezzed, wall of static, wraparound. I figured the unrezzed was a data raven or maybe a gutenberg. Wrong! It’s a bandwidth. Well that’s okay because I have a Femme on a personal workshop, and it’s not pretty but I’ll Femme the Bandwidth to not lose my rig. Then the corp rezzes an Underway Grid…

6 Likes

This is the first time I have heard these words in relation to a thing that actually happened in a game. I can only imagine what it was like to see it in person.

8 Likes

Here was a fun play:

Playing against Haarp with a double ICE’ed R&D as the new Shaper. They’ve already scored a profiteering and have 3 bad pub. First click Siphon to get some money, second click code siphon to install a Fem for free (9-6 for 2 piece of ice-3 for bad pub).

1 Like

I feel like the time I landed 5 brain damage with Edge of World while leading 5-4 probably counts.

The runner only had 4 cards, so the Edge of World flatlined the runner, but if it hadn’t, I was playing Jinteki Biotech, so I was hoping to flip my ID for the kill.

4 Likes

noise thought he could out attrition me

http://imgur.com/4legS3k

he was wrong

4 Likes

IG, able to drop 3 Shock!s into archives on turn one.

Sunny drops Film Critic after a Sure Gamble, runs HQ to see a Turtlebacks and declines to pay 7. Last click, Earthrise.

IG: Mushin a Ronin after a draw.

Sunny plays another Sure Gamble after a click for cred. Runs archives, wipes hand. Runs Ronin to trash.

IG: Neural EMP, gg.

…except I was Sunny :(.

10 Likes

I’m Leela, playing IG. We both mulligan and I get garbage, but one of them is a Fisk Investment Seminar.

He starts with Heritage Committee, likely puts something gross on the top of R&D, then Mushins out something else. I have no siphon, no multiaccess. Ugh. I guess I could hit HQ four times and hope. Nah. Let’s do the smart thing against IG - give them a bunch of cards because you find Heritage Committee annoying.

I FIS into Siphon, Dirty Laundry, and something else. Woo. Dirty Laundry the nice and clean R&D, hit a Utopia. Bounce the Mush’d thing. Siphon to 0. Run R&D again for kicks. Hit an Eden. Mkay… IG protects HQ, clicks for two credits. I clean the tags, run R&D, hit a Vanity Project. Well, that was fast.

Nothing like reinforcing bad habits and an arguable misplay (I thought it was a trap though).

1 Like

The latest in a series of Reasons Why You Should Play Artist Colony: tonight on Jnet I won a game against 24/7 Philotic PE by forfeiting ten agendas in a single game.

11 Likes

This was a fun move:

Scored 4 points as Titan on like turn 5, one of them is an Atlas with a Sea-Scorch and Snare in hand. Scoring server is 1 ICE deep, but the runner is Val with no breakers and their steal was from a blackmail. Use the Atlas token to pull out another Atlas. Mill around for the first two clicks then install the snare in the scoring remote last click. Runner’s turn DDOS goes down and popped, runs the scoring server, access the snare and the net damage doesn’t hit an I’ve Had Worse. Runner clears the tag and draws up to 3. Sea Scorch kill for the win.

My opponent was annoyed that she hit the trap, but if I she didn’t and I just put the Atlas in there, I would have scored the Atlas and fast advanced a Hostile for the win. First time playing Titan rush but I’m seeing the appeal.

2 Likes