Living the dream

Why do I feel like I just read this… :smile:

I feel the need to brag furiously about my good plays because I make so few of them

5 Likes

Just broke a Curtain Wall with an Inti because it was blocking my Blackmail runs. 21 credits? Ain’t no thing.

8 Likes

Lol. Had to the same thing once as well on game winning point in a super-long game with Aesop’s Hayley where I netted 120 credits in total ( including 47 clicks of pro-co ).

1 Like

This is my favorite thread on stimhack

10 Likes

That’s worse than when I was on Eater Geist and had to break two Elis with Aurora to get into a scoring remote

3 Likes

Pssh I once broke through a curtain wall, assassin and archer with an overmind, just to trash a public support when both sides are on game point. 10/10 would do it again, but I’m totally broke.

2 Likes

I broke through a double inner curtain wall as kit. The great part was if I was using corroder, I would have been 2 credits short but snowball’s “gain 1 strength for each sub broken” came through in the clutch!

9 Likes

[quote=“bakashinobi, post:330, topic:3435”]The great part was if I was using corroder, I would have been 2 credits short but snowball’s “gain 1 strength for each sub broken” came through in the clutch!
[/quote]
But if you had been using Corroder, wouldn’t had you had 2 extra credits since it’s cheaper than Snowball? =P

8 Likes

Got a runner to actually run a 3-advance Plan B. Scored an ABT and promptly flipped a Viktor 1.0 and a Viktor 2.0. Best moment.

2 Likes

I whiffed on the math; I ended on 0 credits and snowball ended up 1 credit ahead factoring in the install versus the strength boost for breaking subs

1 Like

I enjoy the simple things in netrunner.

http://imgur.com/5VAcOWt

13 Likes

I feel generally good stacking barriers against Corroder, but against Snowball, it is the biggest e-waste of time behind Gordian Blade. Fun fact, 17 credits to break outer curtain wall and an inner for Snowball, and 18 credits for Corroder. 2 Elis are 8 for Corroder, and 8 for Snowball, 3 Elis are 12 for Corroder, and 10 for Snowball. It almost looks good until you factor in the install cost. It’s almost as if the design team thinks us noobs. Oh well, it’s still a better target for modded in Kate, and godforbid it ever goes on a Dinosaurus. The numbers on double curtain get really good there.

Mulliganing into 3 sweeps week vs andromeda

7 Likes

I made a game a nightmare for an Andysucker as blue sun. Cyberdex in archives with a tollbooth over it for good measure, crisium on HQ, curtain walls on the remote and dancing around the centrals, and double archer on R&D when they only had a mimic and a mongoose (mimic never broke a single sub). I sacked 5 points over the course of the game (after archer got shutdown once). Andy stole an oaktown and 2 GFI’s, while I scored two oaktowns (both sacrificed to the alter of archers), 3 atlas (who were all overadvanced mostly to pull out hostile takeovers), and two hostile takeovers, with the first being archer fodder and the second being the last agenda in the deck.

I can’t tell if I played well or if that was just plain mean…

Weyland says: Yes.

5 Likes

I hate it when people just leave without resolving the game or at least saying ‘gg’.

It just feels like they’re sore losers when they do that.

4 Likes

My rage quit count last week was 8 out of 25 games. 5 were punitives, 2 were sea source scorch (quit before the second was dropped) and the last was a 3 damage contract killer (cleaners scored, RQ upon rez).

It doesn’t bother me so much, as I can see how it can get frustrating for some people who are on losing streaks anda re tilting heavily. However, it is still definitely somewhat impolite.

1 Like

Anonymity on the internet has both advantages and disadvantages. Losing basic politeness and respect towards others is one of them.

3 Likes

How do folks feel about the concede right before the winning access/advancement? It has been happening to me a lot lately, and I can’t decide if it is a finger in the eye or a polite chess-style tipping of the king.