Living the dream

Playing Blue Sun bootcamp vs Maxx Faust
Make a server of Curtain Wall --> Assassin --> Archer.

Faust player starts on 8 cards, uses quality time, installs d4v1d, runs burning david on the wall and 10 cards getting in, accesses Adonis, next turn IAA Oaktown for the win. Who needs Caprice or Ash. Just old school netrunner.

5 Likes

Played IG VS DLR Maxx, which didnā€™t come as a surprise because one of their first mills was a WNP. Thanks to constantly recurring museums and forcing archive checks to make trashing them feasible, I managed to last past the Levy and gradually trash every resource that mattered. Once the Maxx player ran out of deck they ran archives twice to kill themselves and left without a GG.

Spectators enjoyed it.

Edit: forgot to mention that I dropped as low as 6 cards in R&D at one point. Eventually ended up gaining cards each turn rather than losing them. Museum is hilarious.

12 Likes

For the low, low price of 28 credits, 3 clicks, and an agenda! :wink:

4 Likes

we do what me must to beat faust, in my defence Blue Suns investment in ice is only temporary and a public support was used to rez the archer

1 Like

All power to you!

Playing Museum IG at casual night tonight and I gave someone an offer they truly could not refuse. My opponent had hit a Shock! in RnD on their last click & ended their turn with only 2 cards in hand. Iā€™m at six points, with an open HQ of 4 cards and two Snare! (my opponent had hit one earlier but couldnā€™t afford to pay 13 to trash itā€¦IG is a beautiful, beautiful ID), so I play An Offer You Canā€™t Refuse and name HQ. They have to take the runā€¦and to make matters worse they have an HQ Interface out. They access an ICE first, then a Snare!, gg.

4 Likes

Living the nightmare: playing Apex against Gagarin horizontal glacier, opponent gets to 5 points whilst Iā€™m on 3 from a janky hades shard. He installs into his 3-ice-deep remote, so I see the opportunity for Apocalypse, and manage to get an atlas off the HQ run. It goes off with me having 3$ remaining. Next turn Corp ices Archives, so I jump on the medium bandwagon, needing only one more agenda to take the game. After a total of 4 accesses (one trash), I end up withā€¦nothing, as R&D is iced the next turn, and I die to facechecking an assassin. FML

1 Like

Iā€™m Leela playing Blue Sun in a 50 person SC last weekend. 4th round or so, weā€™re both crushing it up to that point.

First turn he OAIs a Curtain Wall over HQ and draws up. Wonderful. I run R&D. Hades Shard. Eh, why not, run again - Government Takeover. If I didnā€™t get that lunch time I probably would have blacked out by the end of swiss (no breaks). (he later crushed me in eliminations, so he got back at me)

I was on the wrong end of this, but I played against MaxX and didnā€™t follow my advice on opening against MaxX (2x ICE HQ).

Turn 1: DDoS --> Account Siphon
Turn 2: SoT --> Account Siphon
Turn 3: Account Siphon, R&D, Archives, Apocalypse
Turn 4: Retrieval run --> Keyhole

Things went badly from there (but not for MaxX).

2 Likes

This was a bit of a roller coaster for me.

Store champs with 26 people and goes to a vote as to do a top 4 or top 8. Iā€™m 8th but abstain because as much as Iā€™d like a shot at a mat, I donā€™t want to go for several hours. Votes goes to doing top 8, so I get pair up against 1st place and he choose to play as Maxx. Iā€™m playing a tagstorm Sol deck.

First draw is ICE light, but no agendas or Jacksons. I keep it because that last time I took a mulligan on a hand like that I got 3 agendas. I ICE up HQ over R&D to because siphon, get some money, and he the turn with R&D naked.

Maxx trashes some random card and keyhole. First click, retrieval run. Keyholes twice and runs archives to steal 2 astros.

I do a midseason for 7, put down a news hound on R&D without a current, and another piece of ICE on R&D.

Maxx keyholes me 4 more times, just floating tags from the newhound. Those runs they manage to kill my scorches, a Jackson, and another agenda.

I find a Jackson, install him to pull out agendas and that Jackson from archives and get enough money to rez the second piece of ICE on R&D.

Max does another run of R&D and I rez information overload and Keyhole gets trashed. Maxx ends up using an amped up and the 1 brain damage hits apocalypse out of hand.

I eventually stabilize and get R&D locked down but not before Maxx manages to snag the last Astro off the top of R&D. At this point Iā€™m using Lilly Lockwell to pull up econ operations (and a current) to help me out after siphon and to secure a server to get melange running. I pull up psychographics so I can try to draw into a beale. My opponent muse out loud what number of advancements beale needs to be 7 points and I tell him itā€™s 13 to save us both time. Maxx then drops down to 12 tags.

I eventually draw into my beale with 13 credits. I install, psycho trying to think of if I should do it for 11 or 9 but my opponent groans and makes me realize I can psycho for 12 and then advance once to hit 13. I win the game from 0 points.

The meta part of this was that after that first win, I managed to go undefeated until the final set where my corp lost to Noise, but because it was double elimination, I switched to runner who had a preferred match-up against their corp (who I previously beat on my way) and win. I managed to take first place in the Store Championship after placing 8th and almost not even playing in the elimination rounds. My only regret was beating my brother, who was 2nd place after Swiss, twice.

That, and the fact it was 11 at night and we started at 2. On a Sunday. I went into work a bit late the next dayā€¦

4 Likes

40 minute game vs IG, epic finish. Major props to my opponent

5 Likes

Never give up of the day: winning as MaxX against Fastrobiotics while Blacklist-locked, because my opponent put Archangel on the outside of his R&D which let me reset my D4v1d.

8 Likes

Oh I did this once to keep reinstalling daily casts, very nice.

I was playing IG against Au Revoir Chaos Theory, and I wanted to kill the opponent with Ronin, but he had a feedback filter. The turn before heā€™s about to let loose with a 10 counter Turning Wheel, and do god knows what with Paintbrush and Ankusa, I use my reversed accounts to drain him to 2 credits and ronin for the win. He was merely a credit away from not dying (immediately, I had a ton of fetal ais he would have been introduced to.)

We did it! We did it, people! I guess I can stop playing this silly deck nowā€¦itā€™s all downhill from here.

Actually pulled off two Mutate-Pup-into-Janus plays in this game & the second was completely gratuitous.

23 Likes

Proud of you.

2 Wanton blowout. Somehow no Jackson

3 Likes

Great moves. Proud of you.

1 Like

Store champs, runner hit a swordsman, killed their Faust, net damage took out their levy. Best swordsman ever?

7 Likes

Yes. This is a true fact

Iā€™ve been playing this same deck with one Wotan and Bioroid Efficiency Research out of Cybernetics Division, and it is glorious, janky fun

1 Like

Iā€™m playing a Blue Sun kill deck. Game had gone on too long, runner was fully set up and I was out of options. They had more money and Kati, Plascrete installed, the Source and Film Critic on the table. Enough breakers to get through all my ICE (albeit at some cost) so if I risk OAI to get back any money, theyā€™ll just run and trash it. We each had a Priority Req scored, so whoever finds the Government Takeover first wins, except I canā€™t keep them out of a serverā€¦

Iā€™m desperate and out of options at this point, so I scrape together 10 credits and install it in my decent remote (IIRC an Assassin in front of a Hadrianā€™s - canā€™t keep them out but at least costs something) IA, runner ignores it assuming a trap. Three more advance next turn takes us to 4, and I get a raised eyebrow, but runner keeps running R&D and clicking Kati. Next turn I take it up to 7 advance, and finally have their attention.

ā€œOkay, Iā€™ll run the remote. Credits to break Assassin, continue. Credits to break Hadrianā€™s. Continue, I accessā€

Junebug.

19 Likes