Living the dream

Playing Gagarin for the 2nd time ever against Leela. After stablising after a nasty early game, the score is 6-6. I have a strong remote, but HQ is pretty much free to access so when I drew GFI, I knew I needed to score it or it’d get stolen.

IAA in the remote. Leela sure gambles, gains a cred and runs on 10 creds. As I start to rez my ice, my heart sinks as I realise she has exactly enough creds to break everything. Run is successful, I get ready to type gg into the chat, and…

I’d completely forgotten Gagarin’s effect. Leela was 1 cred short of winning the game.

6 Likes

Running Noise against GRNLD. Corp rushes a Utopia Fragment behind a Tollbooth I can’t afford to break, and then access behind. By mid-game corp installs an Underway Renovation, then hits it with a dedication ceremony. Ok, whatever, it’s only one point so I’ll let it go. Next turn he AAA Underway, without scoring. This is not good.

On the one hand, I am amused that GRNDL of all corps is milling Noise, potentially to death since he will never have 12 credits to steal the agenda; on the other hand, I don’t really want to lose this game. I get a lucky draw and throw down an Imp (revenge mill!) and squeaking through his server with exactly enough credits to access.

So I used Imp to trash his agenda. This trick is often overlooked, but sometimes it is important to just get an agenda off the board.

I later stole that agenda out of archives using Hades Shard. It was the only agenda, but I was on 6 points.

6 Likes

To all players considering these tactics, remember your cyberdex and snatches. Spay and neuter your pets.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is dream material, but I must have rezzed Lily Lockwell like 6 times in blue sun. Dew the math folks. Now, if only that much draw could be useful in such a deck. Perhaps reuse?

Why FA when you can play NEARPAD?

Drip 9 cred per turn happens to be pretty solid.

4 Likes

Playing TItan 1441 v MaxX. She gets out her first Wyldside turn 1.
Turn 2: Lizzie Mills pulverizes Wyldside. She gets her 2nd Wyldside out after I pass the turn.
Turn 3: Interns for Lizzie Mills. She really doesn’t like that Nightclub, I fear.

6 Likes

I want to say… pretty much any game I play as PE (until I get siphoned).

Runner has 3 BD and lays of the Mushin’ed remote thinking their 6-1 lead is safe? Philotic is only 2 points…but 5+1 net damage smells like flatline

Runner leaves the remote farm alone all game to hammer centrals instead? score 3 agendas and fire an EMP = flatlined

Noise mills 3 agendas and runs Archives? 2x HoK, how lucky, you milled 3 agendas! welcome to flatline

3 Likes

This is a masterpiece. My opponent’s connection derezzed in a cloud of smoke and brimstone. Ichi’s reputation is well deserved. The Rachel Beckman trashing was the piece d’resistance

1 Like

What is 22 in the remote?

Is that it department in the remote?

Lakshmi Smartfabrics. Really missed the point of that post originally.

You can rez a lot of stuff with museum of history and Breaker Bay Grid

I hoped it was, but I couldn’t see enough stuff. How’s it working out? That looks a lot like a deck I was thinking of building.

Playing thousand cuts Palana against noise. Hand is getting full of traps, so I throw down overwriter into my iced remote thinking what the heck, right? Noise runs, faceplants a komainu and dies to the overwriter. The best part? He’d popped both street peddlers the turn before, and at least one had a parasite on it! :laughing:

1 Like

My record for Mills trashing Wyldside in one game is five.

She really hates that nightclub.

6 Likes

Swimmingly, every glacier deck is made better by Museum of History, and only having to protect 1 remote in ETF is easy mode. I want to gloat, but I’m having a hard time making it past all the imaginative glaring at me.

Turn 1 as Corp: I play Target Marketing, name Account Siphon against Ken Tenma. Opponent acknowledges it.

Turn 3 he plays Account Siphon, I take the 10, he leaves instantly.

TM is so good for shortening some games :slight_smile:

You should at least be like, ohhurrhurrguessmydeckonlysiphons gg, if you’re going to leave. Also, your deck shouldn’t just siphon, you’re a bastard. Howard bless you 2sj

I had something similar in a store championship, but my opponent was just sitting there asking himself if he really wanted ‘siphon’ me to net himself up 10 credits and myself up 5. After a few minutes, he decided “Yes, it is worth it to give the corp 5 credits to not be broke.”

I think he felt dirty after that siphon :smile:

2 Likes

In spite of that disgusting siphon, you won, right?
I like hearing stories of failed siphons.

Anyway, I have the grandest tale of tales to spread to my net children today.

This is the story of Aryabhata Tech, Broadcast Square, Reality Threedee and Muckraker.
Runner runs R&D and I have all three Techs, and 3 RT out, so he runs into Muckraker. Bad publicity trace triggers, he loses 3 I gain 3, then I trigger the Reality Threedee. Then I do it again, and again. then he hits 3 traces from the ice, that he can’t break. So that’s a 21 credit swing (the runner had only 7 to begin with.) I then gained 6 credits at the beginning of my turn, then Diversified my Portfolios for 17 credits.

I definitely won this game shortly after. with 40 credits. I had like, 4 for most of the game. The runner probably could have avoided losing the first BP trace, but it was simply impossible to shake that many traces, and I have an Expose for those situations where I can’t avoid it. I think he conceded in his heart.

2 Likes

I won extra hard because of that siphon :smile:; I can’t remember if I psycho-bealed to win or scored of sansans, but I won both the moral victory and that game.

1 Like