Minimum Jank London Library : TransLibrary!

Lately I have seen a lot of tries to make use of London Library, most of them in the tone of “if you can install these 5 cards, then LL will be awesome! you can do whatever with it!”. Waiting for that last card for your combo while the corp moneys up or scores is what quickly hammers the “fun” out of any big combo. But a few days ago I stumbled upon something that takes most of the Jank outta the Library. A guy on OCTGN played the core of the deck and because I couldn’t find the decklist anywhere, I decided to make my own. Thank you Mr. Random Guy.

Let me present you the one and only:
Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

The idea is that Kit can pressure any server with just one ICE thanks to her ability, slowing down the Corp, which is what you want in any even remotely combo-ish deck. To be safe on centrals or in a remote, you need two ice and the bottom one can’t be a code gate.

How to strenghten this? By Femming the second ice! Of course the combo should be obvious now: with a codegate breaker out, put Femme on London Library, run, put Femme back.
And that’s it! A 3-piece combo! What can stop it is a 3+ ICE server with at least 2 barriers. Which calls for Lady and then you are set.

So the core of the deck is this:

3x London Library (Breaker Bay)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]•[/color]
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)

Now you need to get the combo on the table. Expensive breakers don’t really like SMC and you want the Femme in hand anyway, so we are going the Test Run+Scavenge route. Sometimes you need to let the Femme on LL get trashed, this brings her back. Lady also works great with these cards. Also install on LL + Scavenge is something that I haven’t seen in most LL decks and I think it’s great.

3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Now for one run, we usually spend 3 clicks. The runs are generally cheap, but still need to be paid for and preferably with as few clicks as possible. You should only have 2MU of breakers on the table, so that goes great with data folding.
Economy core should be this then:

3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Data Folding (Order and Chaos)

We don’t really need a console for this, but Astrolabe can mean free draws, which is nice, at least one Plascrete should be in these days as well. And Shapers have great RnD control so why not use it. And because something can always go wrong, clone chips to make sure we can afford to lose a program here or there, or recur Lady.

2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
1x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

So far, 30 cards and 1 influence to make it work somehow. That leaves enough room for plugging the holes.
First is the draw. We need LL and we can’t tutor that, so pure draw is a must. Diesel, Earthrise Hotel, Pro-Cons or the new Symmetrical Visage all work great.
Then HQ pressure. If LL worked with viruses, Imp would be awesome, we can still use it with the amount of recursion we have, but in some cases it can turn Data Folding off. Legwork or HQ Interface are the safer choices imo, and lately I value Utopia Shard highly for it’s ability to threaten to trash corp’s combo pieces for just 1 influence and a run.

Things to spend influence on:
Autoscripter works great, but we can’t save it if it gets trashed, we can’t really tutor it easily and in Kit 3 inf is a lot to gamble on this.
Spooned to trash ice is again 3 inf, buth with Same Old Thing we can get multiple uses out of that.
Vamp to deal with RP or anyone else running Caprice, althou it can be a useless card if we can’t outmoney them (no MO).
Scrubber to deal with asset heavy corps.
Stimhack for ruining those scoring windows the corps thinks it has, but without SMC it’s not usable early.
Clot could help vs FA, but not playing SMCs kinda makes it very problematic to get on the table.

My current testing version TransLibrary

I would appreciate any comments you might have, or just take the deck for a spin and let me know how it went!

8 Likes

If you use Library & Hotel & Data Folding & Daily Casts then Career Fair is very solid for you so you can avoid some tempo hits. The influence package I’d try could be 2x Legwork, 2x Career Fair, 2x Femme, 1x Stimhack, 1x Rachel Beckman.

I think I’d still play some SMC. You need to get Lady and Torch out somehow. You won’t Test Run everything.

3 Likes

Tried London and femme last night at game night. Found myself just having to install a femme after a while. Especially with login out you can’t make multiple runs. It worked a couple of times but I found it cumbersome.

Been testing this idiocy today (meaning my own build of it).
Shapers, man.

I was thinking of a version of this deck that focused on getting an R&D lock rather than looking at remotes. You run 3 RDI, a Cy-Cy, 3 Femmes, and you use Scavenge to perma-install Femme on the inner R&D ice.

Chaos’ Library Project

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind

Event (20)
3x Diesel
2x Dirty Laundry
2x Legwork ••••
1x Retrieval Run ••
2x Scavenge
1x Stimhack •
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run
3x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (5)
1x Dinosaurus
3x LLDS Processor
1x R&D Interface

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts
3x Data Folding
3x London Library
1x Utopia Shard •

Icebreaker (5)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1
2x Femme Fatale ••
1x Morning Star ••••
1x Yog.0 •

15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

My LL deck. Feels v.strong vs HB glacier and strong against everything else I’ve played which isn’t RP. Morning star is a bomb! as is yogasaurus but I rarely need it. Most games I win I only use femme and one of the barrier breaker (normally MS). Not sure how to tech harder for RP, as you lack the economy for Vamp. As you’re doing Kit can I strongly reccomend Dino, as you can dodge it’s timing issues and it’s great with both Yog and Femme. You might also consider omega wierdly enough. Anyway, nice deck idea, can’t wait for Chameleon!

I’m slightly sad that people feel that “jank” is necessary for London to work. I’ve taken London Kit to a GNK recently and it went amazing well if you know how to shaper. this has been my project for a month now.

London Kit by Schmitty

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (15)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
1x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
2x Stimhack (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]

Hardware (9)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (8)
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)

Program (6)
1x Clot (The Valley) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

I’ve been running this for a month or two and I’ve had a lot of fun. It has been quite successful against many deck archetypes. Would love your feeback!

CT - Librarian’s assistant

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (13)
3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) [color=#4169E1]•••[/color]
3x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit) [color=#4169E1]••••[/color]
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (11)
2x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static) [color=#4169E1]••••[/color]
1x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
1x Feedback Filter (Creation and Control)
3x LLDS Processor (True Colors)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (11)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Data Folding (Order and Chaos)
2x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)

Icebreaker (5)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
3x Overmind (Honor and Profit)
15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Thinking of adding Knight and/or Panchatantra (with gingerbread, deus X) to this deck to extend the number of ice you can get through; any thoughts?

Any thoughts on including Sac Con? It can keep your Femme out for a turn if you need that click, and pulls double duty with clot. It can also keep Autoscripter on the table if you go that route.