My First Noise Deck

Hi,

even with the experience of almost 10 TCG’s and 1 LCG it is very
difficult to build a netrunner deck. Now I have build 2 decks (one with
Noise here and one with Ken). Dont wonder, i only use cards i have (1
core set and 1 times every expansion). Does this deck have a chance on
tournaments? Any surgestions to improve it? Thanks in Advance!

Noise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (15)

3x Demolition Run (Core Set)

2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)

2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)

3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

3x Surge (Humanity’s Shadow)

2x Vamp (Trace Amount)

Hardware (3)

2x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)

1x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (8)

2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)

2x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof)

2x Fester (Up and Over)

2x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus)

Icebreaker (9)

2x Breach (Honor and Profit) ••••

1x Crypsis (Core Set)

2x Darwin (Future Proof)

2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ••

2x Force of Nature (A Study in Static)

Program (10)

1x Hemorrhage (Fear and Loathing)

2x Keyhole (True Colors)

2x Medium (Core Set)

2x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)

2x Parasite (Core Set)

1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set) •••

9 influence spent (max 15)

45 cards (min 45)

Cards up to Up and Over

What am i planing with this deck? My aim is to destroy cons deck very fast. So i start with Noise and a lots of Virus Programs which trigger his ability. With Hemorrhage i want to force the con to draw more cards. Medium and Nerve Agent shall improve the amount of cards i can access when running. With Luck some Agendas or with Demolition Run destroying them all. Parasite and Sneakdoor Beta am trying to get easier through the ice which the con maybe install. If he install more and more ice on central servers it will be easier to run on the separate servers.

To get some money i use dirty laundry, sure gamble and daily casts, which i saw in the most decks. Deja Vu should help to get ‘more’ Virus cards in the deck. Cause if i play them again, Noise’s ability triggers again. Surge ist here to get faster more stacks on my virus programs. If i have a lot of money i can force the con to loose his money with Vamp. I think this will make it more difficult for the con to rez sth. rly expensive. Cyberfeeder should help me to get my runs and installs cheaper. Due to my deck builds on Noise and Viruses i used Grimoire as console. Cons can ‘easily’ deny all my virus markers so Grimoire and Surge won’t be that effective, so i want to make him/her pay for it. This is where Fester comes into play. So the con has to pay 3 clicks and 2 credits. I hope to get him/her to some economy problems with those cards.

Now some tricky cards. I want to combine Data Leak Reversal with Jousha B. and Vamp. Data Leak Reversal is, in my opinion, very useful in a deck, which wants the con running out of cards. the only problem is the tag. in some cases tags, don’t hurt. So i take Jousha B. who lets me choose to get tagged or not. Vamp gives me a tag which i can deny in my own turn, if needed. Do i need to play more with tags if i want to be successful? And how often do cons count on the tag?

At least my Icebreakers. Only 9. Hope that is enough. I took Darwin cause he is a virus. The other viruses didn’t look that good to me. And Darwin is easy to use :slight_smile: or to deny :frowning: Crypsis is a Virus too and an allrounder if i don’t get the right icebreaker. To break the most ice’s i took breach (against barriers, cheap and only for central servers, should fit my purpose), femme fatale (one of my favorite cards; from coloring and rules; should bypass the most evil ice and break sentrys) and at least force of nature (just a code gate destroyer).

Sry, for the first short and ‘rude’ version of my text. So i hope i could show u why i use these cards. If not, feel free to ask.

I think discussion sites need a “how to post decklists” sticky, in the vein of ESR’s old article how to ask questions the smart way, but without the condescension and hacker-mystique stuff.

To me, posting a decklist is more than just clicking around in NetrunnerDB for a while and copy-pasting it back to your forum of choice. Have a look at a thread like the Dead Coats discussion:

1. It explains what the deck is trying to do: HB glacier, no fast advance, Punitive Counterstrike as an alternate win condition.
  2. It explains some of its choices: Where is Jackson Howard? Why no NEXT ICE? Why Sweeps Week when HB has good economy in-faction?
  3. It asks specific questions: The OP thinks that this deck is going to become less good as the metagame (briefly: what deck styles are popular/considered good/played/feared)

If the OP (original post/original poster) doesn’t explain these things, then the first few comments will inevitably have to draw out answers to those questions. And that’s effort. Effort that can and probably will be spent on threads that are easier to engage with. And that’s a shame, because newbies who bring enthusiasm, new ideas and who are critical to the long-term survival of a community then get discouraged and leave. But there has to be a balance. Each post that is made to a forum consumes many more person-hours in reading time than writing time, which means that refining a post before hitting submit has a wonderful return-on-investment in terms of time saved.

Sometimes you can write lots and still not get any responses, and that’s okay. It stings, but it happens. Maybe something else more exciting came out (e.g., new data pack, radically different tournament winning deck)? Maybe you posted in a quiet time? Maybe your deck just wasn’t that good? (My linked DLR deck is going to be totally garbage in the new age of Blue Sun and Near-Earth Hub.)

I’m trying not to make this a flame, because it appears that a) you’re new and b) English might not be your first language.

Have a look at the Tournament Winning Decklists page on Stimhack and play with some of those (if you have all the pieces - I see that you’ve only got 1x core). I still remember the first time I net-decked (i.e., copied) a good Andromeda deck: runner was suddenly like being strapped to a rocket! I had no idea running could be this profitable or this good! Those sorts of experiences can teach a lot, particularly once you start learning how to pick out individual subsystems from a deck: why THIS set of icebreakers? How does THIS deck make its money?

I understand the temptation to create, the drive to find a deck or a combo that you can truly call yours. (It’s a weakness of mine, too.) But try to hold back on it and avoid having to retread a lot of ground that others have already walked. Imagine if everyone had to re-discover everything for themselves, instead of learning things at school or uni? We’d never push the boundaries of human progress like we do now.

I think that if Stimhack is picking up newbies instead as well as catering to the top-end of the competitive scene*, some more articles in that Script Kiddies series would be really good:

• How to choose your economy
  • How to choose your ICE/breakers
  • How to post a decklist

*I’m not counting myself here: I’m too preoccupied with jank to be more than a tier 2 player at this point. My best was 4th at a store championships and even that was a fluke.

2 Likes

Sry for my ‘rude’ post. In some other forums it’s ok to do short list threads. So thanks for your advices i try to improve my behavior. i edited my first post. Is it so ok? or is something missing?

I tried some champion runner decks from this site. but none did rly fit my art of play. That’s why i tried on my own.

I think it’s better and I appreciate the effort you’re making to improve. Don’t feel like you have to write what each and every card does - people here know the cards and the obvious interactions. Subtle interactions, unusual card choices - write about those.

As for specific card choices: You should really consider Cache. For 1 influence, you get a 1-cost virus (0 if you use Cyberfeeder) that gives you 3 credits (4c if you have your Grimoire), “mills” a card off the corp’s deck (this is a reference to an old Magic: The Gathering card, Millstone, which puts cards from the draw pile into the discard pile). Cache then gets even better if you can sell it with Aesop’s Pawnshop (+3c) or install it onto a Scheherezade (+1c).

Where can you find influence for Cache? I’d cut Breach. Anarchs have access to the best all-around fracter - Corroder.

Also you don’t have Datasucker, which is amazingly powerful. It saves you lots of money, and means you can quickly kill things with Parasite. You might also want to consider Clone Chip. If you have enough virus counters on a Datasucker, you can install a Parasite mid-run (that’s another card milled!) and then instantly kill it with the Datasucker.

Given how much money corps can make, will you have enough to pay for Vamp? You might want to put something else in those slots. If you are unable to keep the corp poor, you can’t get tagged for Data Leak Reversal without serious risk of losing to Scorched Earth. Either add more economic control or Plascrete Carapace.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advices. Millstone was awesome those days^^ (the old art is nicer :D). I thought about your surggestions. And i want to use them all XD But then is my Deck at 54 cards. Any idea which cards aren’t necessary and can be removed? I thought abaout half an hour which cards can be removed. But didnt found any. So i hope you can help me with your expierence.

Noise V2

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (13)
3x Demolition Run (Core Set)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Surge (Humanity’s Shadow)

Hardware (5)
2x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
1x Grimoire (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (9)
1x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) ••
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof)
2x Fester (Up and Over)
2x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus)

Icebreaker (9)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
1x Crypsis (Core Set)
2x Darwin (Future Proof)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ••
2x Force of Nature (A Study in Static)

Program (18)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) •••
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Hemorrhage (Fear and Loathing)
2x Keyhole (True Colors)
2x Medium (Core Set)
2x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
2x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts)
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set) •••

10 influence spent (max 15)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

I don’t think you’ll see much benefit from Sneakdoor Beta. You’re Noise, so people will ice up their archives against you.

Keyhole seems superfluous in Noise, and you don’t really have the memory for it.

I would take out Fester and play some games, then put it back only if the corp is wiping viruses a lot.

I would also choose between using AI breakers and using regular breakers. You don’t really need both. I would go with AI, since your only memory card is a singleton Grimoire.

Too many cards, which is normal with all those anarch goodness. But won’t be good for you deck. Try to limit it to 45.
One of the biggest problems I see here is that you want to do way to many things.
I would cut the Data leak and Joshua unless you want to try AoA and go siphon (Anatomy of Anarchy | Covenant)

Sneakdoor is indeed a good card but not that good in Noise because they will ice archives.

Try to go one way on breakers (full breaker suite yog/mimic/corroder and special order)/(darwin)/(crypsis) in addition to knight maybe.

Also try some games with Imp, one of the best virusses.

Look out for memory. You can sadly play only one grimoire and 4 MU is not enough if you want to install all those cards. You can try to add mem chips, but i think a couple of djinn’s would be usefull.

Last but not least you will be poor :frowning: . The simple solution is Aesop’s, he will buy yor empty cache and imp and many more. Again having only one core will set you back, but you can always play hostage as extra copies of Aesop’s.