NAPD Most Wanted List - *Update July 2016*

Yeah I didn’t like that. I think Faust falls under the same category as his for D4vid–too efficient for the cost. If it were more expensive to play, had lower strength, and/or cost more cards to use (+1 str instead of +2…) it would have been a fair card that still helped break low strength gear checks while not being as oppressive.

I don’t buy his vision of a Weyland wonderworld where Faust is in the same category as Crypsis.

1 Like

I think they learned their lesson with Faust. The Deva’s are all incredibly expensive.

4 Likes

I think one of the biggest problems with these alternate resource breakers is you could punish them harder if they weren’t required to only do their shtick once and e3 through the rest. A lot of these cards might come off the list once that cycles out.

1 Like

Not for Lotus Field though

Which makes them excellent binder fodder. I dunno which case I prefer in all honesty…

1 Like

The deva abilities are why they’re binder folder. If Faust was cost 6 people would still use it.

4 Likes

Now that the anarch engine is MWL’d how long until people start yelling for Sandburg to be on the list?

1 Like

Sandburg was actually pretty good against the Anarch engine, really. D4vid is not really that efficient on a strength 5 vanilla or strength 5 spiderweb. Sandburg’s weakness is probably going to be effective siphon strategies for the op econ versions.

I feel like between Polop, vamp, and d4 (make no mistake, it will still see plenty of play), to say nothing of regular old run pressure, there are plenty of non-silver bullets out there that can attack Sandburg pretty well. It’s strong, for sure, but far from oppressive imo.

Agreed although I do kind of think pol-op is rapidly approaching a “always two in every deck” level kind of card.

4 Likes

I have played extensively with Sandburg (not against it) – its not broken at all but it may have the appearance of being so because if lock is attained the game is all but over. It’s a heavily binary card and takes a lot of building to. Its weaknesses, much like IT dept is the necessity to defend two remotes spreading yourself thin everywhere. Often you need to divert further ICE to defending econ as well. Polop is a temporary hassle as Interns/Archived memories normally bring it straight back.

3 Likes

I think the point of PolOp is that the Runner gets one turn of Reasonable ICE, and if the Runner is an Anarch, they can disassemble your glacier in that one turn…

To me, it feels like it’s right to drop WyldCakes and Faust out of the Two-Armed ICE Feast shell and go from there? The actual problem is the loss of Faust, but with that gone you won’t feel as much hurt from WyldCakes being gone… Ah well, that discussion is better had in the Dumble topic.

1 Like

Not really, “A whizzard deck with cutlery” is not really Dumble.

I think you’d have to go Maxx to deal with the loss of draw power.

1 Like

It never feels like I’m spreading myself thin with Sandburg. The problem with IT department is that you can tax the counters, and make the ice less useful, where Sandburgs global effect makes even 2 ice servers formidable. You can make ice bigger, faster with IT department, but you just need a str 4 cobra to much things up for the runner.

This makes me wonder if Hourglass has a place in RP

1 Like

Agreed that it is definitely more smooth to play than ITD. I’ve actually been surprised at how elegantly the card is balanced. There are a lot of ways to fight it as the runner, chief among them being “just keep breaking into the server and trashing it” and “make them keep spending money” but it still plays really well as the Corp. It’s the old school econ war writ large in the asset meta.

It should make Weyland better. That is all.

Wait, it won’t make it better without making another Corp significantly MORE better. Never mind. That’s the rule, forgot

1 Like

Sandburg would have made for a fine Weyland card. After all that talk about how to make Weyland good again, and using money as a means to help win…this was one such opportunity. The flavor text is basically Weyland’s MO, to boot.

3 Likes

Also, Lateral Growth. Weyland gets screwed always. But, it has received some good cards lately. Just not all the ones it should have.

2 Likes

Lateral growth as a 1 inf NEH card is probably a little too much.

2 Likes

I might have jumped the gun a bit when saying it’ll make another Corp better, but at least it won’t likely be NBN. they’re already good enough without Sandburg, though they can use Full Rec Immersion Studio to host it and an agenda. NBN glacier unleashed? Half Life 3 confirmed?