NAPD Most Wanted List - *Update July 2016*

Yay for change! Love it.

UK was seeing a pronounced shift to Shaper anyway, this’ll just carry on that trend. Criminal feel like they’re on the bubble though, some new cards in the latest cycle and less yellow Fastro may well see them raise up once more.

Can’t wait to see how things shape up in the next few weeks.

3 Likes

You can still play Wyldeside + Faust + David. You just can’t play it with Clone Chips. Seems fair.

9 Likes

The best part of the Anarch smashing section of the MWL is that you know they have basically no influence used out of faction except for Levy. If they want parasite, no clones for them. I, for one, am happy with the changes here. Astro is perfect as an influence free one of, all the crap with MCH got taken care of, and the absolute most degenerate decks got influence taken away which makes them easier to play in game. If you see breaking news and SanSan, don’t expect a lot of anything else. Except 247 news and EoI.

7 Likes

I think if it weren’t for Exchange of Information, BN may not have quite deserved MWL, although it has always been incredibly strong with both FA and Tag punishment. But the EoI + BN combo definitely pushed the card over the edge.

I think the Astro errata is great. NBN FA will need to get creative, but I hardly think that it is dead by any means. With all of the emphasis on tagging lately in yellow, I wouldn’t be surprised if Psychographics becomes a new (old) cornerstone in FA, if only for scoring out 4/2s.

I’ve been playing Noise with Technical Writers, SMCs, Anarch breaker suite, Atman and no Faust/Wyldside for a while now and have been having decent success with it. (Not a competitive player by any means). I don’t think any of the Anarch changes seem super unfair.

I’m excited to see what our Worlds meta looks like this year.

11 Likes

I think it’s telling that FFG needs to step up Criminal when there is only one Crim card on the MWL

2 Likes

That’s based on @dodgepong’s excellent work:

And it’s not “playing”, but making the top cut. And you’re probably right, since the data was from the middle of June, when the US Regionals were done, but there are still Regionals in the rest of the world. And you crazy Europeans march the beat of your own drums anyway :smile:

@spags will feel bad to be left off this list. He is NAPD’s Enemy No. 1 after all.

3 Likes

PPVP/NEH that I ran at 2014/15 Worlds were smashed by the MWL.

Also, I had some nice yellow dex in the works hit hard here.

3 Likes

I think I’ve heard that the Pawn errata was added in the next reprint. But it takes so long to get the reprints, it’s hard to verify.

You should include Dan here, this update permanently killed RegAss and did a few things to Hot Tubs.

Oh and Dien’s Val is also murdered.

Jeez, they just hate all the cool kids. Netrunner Geeks Facebook group clearly shadow controls the MWL.

The worst of all possible futures

12 Likes

MWL has killed another Valencia deck that I’ve posted :frowning:

Meanwhile, with the update on how games scores (3pts a win), nobody said a word about bye’s 33% nerf (stays at 4 pts).
(hint: it’s either a typo or a good nerf, you choose).

I’ll go for a typo, since if you open the regular PDF (not the text-only one), there is another typo on the Intentional Round Split, saying that it also stays at 2-2 pts. However, in the text-only version the split earns 3-3 pts.

1 Like

With D4v1d on the MWL, Sandburg is going to be even more insane.

7 Likes

A lot of anarch decks may play 1 less D4vid, but it’s definitely not going away - they’ll just use deja vu to recur it instead of clone chip. And I think it’s worth springing for D4vid in your shaper decks even though it’s 5 influence now, because you can use it so many times with scavenge and clone chip (or infinite times with Brahman).

1 Like

Dont post it then! Duh

Yeah, one of the problems with the MWL is that it tends to hurt shapers least, for programs anyways. Paying 1 extra influence for D4v1D in shaper is not a huge problem, because you only need one with your tutors and recursion. But paying 2-3 for them in anarch is a bigger problem. Same with the Lady include–you only need 1, so I still have no real incentive to switch to corroder.

3 Likes

Is it really that big of a deal to pay 2 influence for 2 d4v1d? I don’t think paying 5 for d4v1d out of faction sounds reasonable at all.

7 Likes

I mailed the Organised Play guys and they’ve past it on to the rule lawyers. This may or may not result in an update or clarification!

1 Like