New Angeles Sol

My issue is leveraging the extra cash from TM. My only inclination is to use it to win Ash traces. How do you leverage the extra cash into wins?

Rezzing more ice and playing faster, since it fuels you economy.

2 Likes

asked:

and answered:

That’s just it. You build around the fact that whatever you pick is impacting their econ more than it is yours, but you do need to be playing enough ice and ash etc that having more money actually can help. You have a bare-bones set up of wraparounds, archangels, news hounds and architects, plus tollbooths and assassins for late game or when they’ve decided to ignore a TM.

Back on a real computer now, here’s the latest version:

New Angeles Sol: Your News (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]••[/color]
1x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (5)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)

Upgrade (6)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
1x Crisium Grid (First Contact) [color=#006400]•[/color]
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (12)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Patch (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]••••[/color]
1x Predictive Algorithm (The Valley)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Targeted Marketing (The Spaces Between)

Barrier (4)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (6)
2x Archangel (Data and Destiny)
2x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (7)
2x Architect (Up and Over) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
2x Assassin (Data and Destiny)
3x News Hound (Data and Destiny)

It’s basically foodcoats with added astros. Yes, your econ is significantly worse than HBs, but with targeted marketing around your opponents are even worse off, and you still have News Hound. Or they hand you endless free money and you become an unstoppable glacier fortress that can also fast advance.

1 Like

Looks similar to what I experimented with first in Sol. I found a number of things. good players won’t give you your money unless they absolutely have to. Naming breakers is about the only way to guarantee a fire of TM. You might get Kate if you land a TM before her first PPVP but if not she can just ditch her other 2 and be much better off than you. Anarchs don’t need Parasite to win. Again, you may get 10 credits if you slam TM “Desperado” turn 1 versus Criminal but you’re getting nothing after that unless you name Corroder or something. In vast majority of games against a myriad of decks, I rarely got any TM money and when I did, it didnt do much. Most games I would fail to get more than one piece of big ICE early and proceed to bleed agendas from centrals. You say your opponent is worse off for your TM firing, but I think that’s wrong. TM at its best only helps you, it doesn’t hurt your opponent. One could argue if it allows you to rez bigger ICE, it hurt the opponent, but I don’t find that to actually be the case in most games. Last thing: I think TM partly forces and partly encourages an anti-rush strategy, which I think Sol wants to play thanks to News Hound.

All this said, I played a deck very similar to yours before I gave up on TM, and it’s probably just as effective as my own Algorithm build. I didn’t personally like giving my opponent the option to control a facet of my economy. Then again, Film Critic entirely nullifies my entire build and it’s a popular card.

1 Like

I really REALLY recommend Lag time as the current to run. A large number of ice get much better at +1 str, and 2 dollars isnt a backbreaker.

You can overload David very easily, and make real breakers shitty.

Plus its inf free, and if you run improve tracers/rutherford grid (FUCKING TRY THIS UPGRADE BTW) the +str is a big deal.

Just try it, then make judgment. But I really think that either 3x Lag time, or 3x Lag/1x Static is the good current balance for the list.

2 Likes

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/LRzjefWSq64d4coSe

Paywall Sol (49 cards)

New Angeles Sol: Your News

Agenda (11)
1 15 Minutes
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
1 Breaking News
3 NAPD Contract
3 Project Beale

Asset (3)
3 Jackson Howard

Upgrade (5)
1 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite
3 SanSan City Grid

Operation (12)
1 Cerebral Static
3 Hedge Fund
3 Paywall Implementation
2 Subliminal Messaging
3 Sweeps Week

Barrier (6)
3 Eli 1.0
3 Wraparound

Code Gate (8)
2 Archangel
3 Pop-up Window
3 Tollbooth

Sentry (4)
1 Archer
3 News Hound

This has been working well for me. It can play both fast and slow depending on the match-up. Cerebral Static turns the Noise MU upside down (along with some others as well, I wrecked a Faust Quetzal with it a few days ago). This deck makes crazy money and then rezzes tollbooths on R&D and a SanSan server. Pretty fun to play.Explode vs NAPD is a meta call. If people don’t run as much you want Explode for your econ, otherwise NAPD is better.

1 Like

I play 3 algo and 1 lag time. Lag time isn’t much use early game IMO

I am happy you came around to Archer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you ever rushed behind an architect? Much easier at str 4. I think lag time is a legit current to use with sol, provided that the 2 credits you’ll have to pay for it each time isn’t harmful to your plan. The only problem I had with it was that it goes away, and when they use their one shot solution for 5 str ichi, or whatever ice that becomes unreasonable at 1 str higher and get an agenda, it’s easier for them again. But not with a permanent plus 1. Obviously the strength increase alone isn’t that strong, or else stronger together would be far less of a joke, but some ice people just don’t have a solution for with more str. Thinking about stealth builds and anarch in particular, the added strength goes a long way. Criminal really has the best answer with ninja and faerie, and ninja isn’t the best overall, and faerie eventually goes away. If there’s to be a taxing glacier nbn, it’s probably sol. I’m thinking about giving grail a try with it, for shits and giggles.

Okay I did some testing with NAS last night. I started out with TM and Algorithm as my currents. I found that TM rarely hit (in 3 games it fired once on an account siphon run) and was really in play to buff News Hound. I switched it out for Enhanced Login protocol. Now, I think that TM could be good in a NAS deck but its not the deck I’m playing. If I was going to build that deck it would have TM and Housekeeping as currents and Snoop and Invasion of Privacy to see whats in the runners grip and I would play a heavy card advantage card denial strategy and that could be good. Newshound is awesome, better than I thought it would be so I am encouraged by that. I am also intrigued by Bahram’s Lag Time Rutherford grid list as it looks like good synergy. I may have to try it out and see how it plays.

Why mess around making Architect str 4 when you have News Hound as a natural str 4? I don’t think Lag Time is a bad idea but this doesn’t seem like the main benefit! I’m just really wary of any current that has a play cost, econ is pretty tight when you have to include several slots for currents.

Then it’s still doing it’s job. People seem to be thinking about TM all wrong. Of course it won’t ‘hit’ most of the time, handing you 10 credits is ridiculous, so runners will avoid playing cards because of it, and that’s the advantage you’re getting. Kate without PPVPs (or Lucky Finds if she already has pads out when you find a TM) is significantly easier to deal with than fully monied up. Hit them in the econ. Either they operate normally and you’re mega rich, or they’re poor as shit and you’re operating at a level you’ve built for. I’ll take either of those.

2 Likes

That wasn’t the case, I asked my friend who I was playing and he said he just never had the cards I was naming which were Sure Gamble and Account Siphon. When he did have the Account Siphon he played it.

[quote=“Heartthrob, post:6, topic:5724”]
I like Will O more than traditional program trashing here because it’s easier to tax out their SMCs/Special Orders than it is to tax out Clone Chips/Scavenge/Deja Vu.[/quote]

Just had to point out, this doesn’t hold up well as all of the revision you listed can also get smc back…

Back on topic, il like this is quite a bit. TM does real work-it’s important to note that it’s not just a permanent TM, you get to change the card every time they steal (and every time you score once you see the second copy) meaning early on you can target key econ pieces, then later you can move to breakers or recursion as appropriate. PA has potential too, I especially like the interaction with rsvp and napd.

Manhunt is a mistake imo, 1 credit a turn for most runners is survivable. Surveillance sweep is a ton of fun and super brutal, except for the two cost. Might become possible with the right build, but I haven’t found it.

1 Like

This was the first ID out of D&D that I designed a deck for (primarily because it is the weakest). I went all in on targeted marketing, Keegan, and scorched earth. Ice is cheap to rez, but difficult to break (News Hound, Pachinko, Bandwidth, Data Raven).

JTG81’s point about any NBN ID being tier 2 because of Astro is well-taken. But I have to say that this deck is the most fun I’ve had playing NBN. I’ve had plenty of success with it.

It’s biggest issue is positional ice. I put in a couple of Sunsets (to up the jank factor and solve that problem).

Here is my list:
Keegan and Poe Trash Your Programs v1.1

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
1x Explode-a-palooza (Old Hollywood)
1x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]•[/color]
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
2x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (3)
3x Keegan Lane (Data and Destiny)

Operation (14)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••• ••••• ••[/color]
2x Sunset (Cyber Exodus) [color=#DC143C]••[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Targeted Marketing (The Spaces Between)

Barrier (5)
3x Pachinko (The Underway)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (5)
3x Bandwidth (The Valley)
2x TL;DR (Data and Destiny)

Sentry (8)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
1x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
1x Information Overload (The Spaces Between)
3x News Hound (Data and Destiny)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This looks reasonable, but I think that breaking news is still way too strong not to include in decks with any level of tag punishment. Breaking news is a huge contributor to any NBN deck being at least solid. It’s also one of the best agendas in the game.

1 Like

I’ve been testing extensively with SOL for a while now, and I think you just have to take the best current in the game and put it in SOL. That’s why a SOL Housekeeping rush deck is good. Here is my currant build:

Feedback appreciated!!!

I’ve been testing out a New Angeles Sol with the upcoming current “Clones Are Not People” (announced as coming out in Democracy & Dogma) – I got 3x copies during a draft at Worlds.

With Team Sponsorship and a SanSan City Grid in play, this can become a score-up-to-5-points-out-of-hand-in-a-single-turn combo deck. Which I managed to pull off the other day. It can be truly ridiculous. Here’s the current version of the deck (with Celebrity Gifts as placeholders for the “Clones” for now on the linked deck, as it isn’t on NRDB yet). Dunno what to do with the ICE. I want to try to land at least a few tags to feed Lily Lockwell (hence the Data Ravens), and also threw a Turing in there for fun, but perhaps that should go back to being Elis. The rest is pretty much standard FA NBN nonsense.

And this is actually my first ever Stimhack post! Any suggestions on the deck are welcome.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/488743

Lunar Propaganda v0.2

Agenda (12)

Asset (10)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (12)

Barrier (2)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny [Actually, Democracy and Dogma, but who’s keeping track?]

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about that new current and the deck looks really cool. The only suggestion I have is to go up to three News Hound as it is just so good for NAS.

1 Like

I totally agree, Breaking News needs to go in. Having the runner score points for me with QPM is fun but BN is just better. TL;DR is the ice I least like to see early, so it’ll go down to one copy. Sunset should be one of, I see it too early also (I’ll probably trade its influence for an eli).

I currently play a Paywall x3 / Targeted Marketting x1 deck in a D&D only competition. There was Lagtime before, which is a neat current, but the purpose is to play free currents.

Agendas are if I remember correctly, 2 GFI, Beals & Astro, 1 NAPD. 19 ices, and the rest of the deck is nothing particularly mad.

It’s T2 and nice to play. I love Paywall in that deck. Ranked me 10c several times. Ranked me 17c once, ranked me 3c once, but overall, it’s not mad, but nice.