New Angeles Sol

Okay I did some testing with NAS last night. I started out with TM and Algorithm as my currents. I found that TM rarely hit (in 3 games it fired once on an account siphon run) and was really in play to buff News Hound. I switched it out for Enhanced Login protocol. Now, I think that TM could be good in a NAS deck but its not the deck I’m playing. If I was going to build that deck it would have TM and Housekeeping as currents and Snoop and Invasion of Privacy to see whats in the runners grip and I would play a heavy card advantage card denial strategy and that could be good. Newshound is awesome, better than I thought it would be so I am encouraged by that. I am also intrigued by Bahram’s Lag Time Rutherford grid list as it looks like good synergy. I may have to try it out and see how it plays.

Why mess around making Architect str 4 when you have News Hound as a natural str 4? I don’t think Lag Time is a bad idea but this doesn’t seem like the main benefit! I’m just really wary of any current that has a play cost, econ is pretty tight when you have to include several slots for currents.

Then it’s still doing it’s job. People seem to be thinking about TM all wrong. Of course it won’t ‘hit’ most of the time, handing you 10 credits is ridiculous, so runners will avoid playing cards because of it, and that’s the advantage you’re getting. Kate without PPVPs (or Lucky Finds if she already has pads out when you find a TM) is significantly easier to deal with than fully monied up. Hit them in the econ. Either they operate normally and you’re mega rich, or they’re poor as shit and you’re operating at a level you’ve built for. I’ll take either of those.

2 Likes

That wasn’t the case, I asked my friend who I was playing and he said he just never had the cards I was naming which were Sure Gamble and Account Siphon. When he did have the Account Siphon he played it.

[quote=“Heartthrob, post:6, topic:5724”]
I like Will O more than traditional program trashing here because it’s easier to tax out their SMCs/Special Orders than it is to tax out Clone Chips/Scavenge/Deja Vu.[/quote]

Just had to point out, this doesn’t hold up well as all of the revision you listed can also get smc back…

Back on topic, il like this is quite a bit. TM does real work-it’s important to note that it’s not just a permanent TM, you get to change the card every time they steal (and every time you score once you see the second copy) meaning early on you can target key econ pieces, then later you can move to breakers or recursion as appropriate. PA has potential too, I especially like the interaction with rsvp and napd.

Manhunt is a mistake imo, 1 credit a turn for most runners is survivable. Surveillance sweep is a ton of fun and super brutal, except for the two cost. Might become possible with the right build, but I haven’t found it.

1 Like

This was the first ID out of D&D that I designed a deck for (primarily because it is the weakest). I went all in on targeted marketing, Keegan, and scorched earth. Ice is cheap to rez, but difficult to break (News Hound, Pachinko, Bandwidth, Data Raven).

JTG81’s point about any NBN ID being tier 2 because of Astro is well-taken. But I have to say that this deck is the most fun I’ve had playing NBN. I’ve had plenty of success with it.

It’s biggest issue is positional ice. I put in a couple of Sunsets (to up the jank factor and solve that problem).

Here is my list:
Keegan and Poe Trash Your Programs v1.1

New Angeles Sol: Your News (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
1x Explode-a-palooza (Old Hollywood)
1x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]•[/color]
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
2x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (3)
3x Keegan Lane (Data and Destiny)

Operation (14)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••• ••••• ••[/color]
2x Sunset (Cyber Exodus) [color=#DC143C]••[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Targeted Marketing (The Spaces Between)

Barrier (5)
3x Pachinko (The Underway)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (5)
3x Bandwidth (The Valley)
2x TL;DR (Data and Destiny)

Sentry (8)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
1x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
1x Information Overload (The Spaces Between)
3x News Hound (Data and Destiny)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This looks reasonable, but I think that breaking news is still way too strong not to include in decks with any level of tag punishment. Breaking news is a huge contributor to any NBN deck being at least solid. It’s also one of the best agendas in the game.

1 Like

I’ve been testing extensively with SOL for a while now, and I think you just have to take the best current in the game and put it in SOL. That’s why a SOL Housekeeping rush deck is good. Here is my currant build:

Feedback appreciated!!!

I’ve been testing out a New Angeles Sol with the upcoming current “Clones Are Not People” (announced as coming out in Democracy & Dogma) – I got 3x copies during a draft at Worlds.

With Team Sponsorship and a SanSan City Grid in play, this can become a score-up-to-5-points-out-of-hand-in-a-single-turn combo deck. Which I managed to pull off the other day. It can be truly ridiculous. Here’s the current version of the deck (with Celebrity Gifts as placeholders for the “Clones” for now on the linked deck, as it isn’t on NRDB yet). Dunno what to do with the ICE. I want to try to land at least a few tags to feed Lily Lockwell (hence the Data Ravens), and also threw a Turing in there for fun, but perhaps that should go back to being Elis. The rest is pretty much standard FA NBN nonsense.

And this is actually my first ever Stimhack post! Any suggestions on the deck are welcome.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/488743

Lunar Propaganda v0.2

Agenda (12)

Asset (10)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (12)

Barrier (2)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 15)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny [Actually, Democracy and Dogma, but who’s keeping track?]

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about that new current and the deck looks really cool. The only suggestion I have is to go up to three News Hound as it is just so good for NAS.

1 Like

I totally agree, Breaking News needs to go in. Having the runner score points for me with QPM is fun but BN is just better. TL;DR is the ice I least like to see early, so it’ll go down to one copy. Sunset should be one of, I see it too early also (I’ll probably trade its influence for an eli).

I currently play a Paywall x3 / Targeted Marketting x1 deck in a D&D only competition. There was Lagtime before, which is a neat current, but the purpose is to play free currents.

Agendas are if I remember correctly, 2 GFI, Beals & Astro, 1 NAPD. 19 ices, and the rest of the deck is nothing particularly mad.

It’s T2 and nice to play. I love Paywall in that deck. Ranked me 10c several times. Ranked me 17c once, ranked me 3c once, but overall, it’s not mad, but nice.

The one problem I can see here is that once you score an agenda when you have Clones out, it goes away and you need another copy in your hand/Archives in orer to get it back on the field. It might be a good idea to play a couple more cheap currents to act as fillers while you get the next Clones rolling.

It’d be a real interesting idea with vanity project and 1 pointers, like the future is now

Yeah, three might be a good idea. I haven’t had a single News Hound get rezzed yet, though!

Yep. That’s why you mull for Clones, you trash extras as soon as you can, holding on to one to play/keep in hand for a score. So, the ideal crazy turn is – any 2 points scored (doesn’t need to be an Astro), SanSan rezzed, Team Sponsorship on the table, Clones on the table, one other Clones in hand or the trash. Astro and Breaking News (or 15 Minutes) in hand. Assuming you have a Clot-less window, install an Astro on the SanSan, advance, advance, rez TS, score the Astro (with the existing Clones) for 3 more points, then first bring out the other Clones, Team Sponsor the 2/1 on the SanSan, score with token, voila, another 2 points and game.

I got that to sort of work the other day but failed, and lost a game with it. The problem was money – I had a Clones on table and was ready to combo my face off, but then my opponent stole a Beale and killed the active Clones. Not a problem normally, as I can recur it immediately, but… I was at 2 credits. So, money.

Anyway, it’s fun and ridiculous when it works. Not sure if this will ever become a thing, but it’s interesting that, essentially, Team Sponsorship NBN may be getting a viable new home soon. (Not that it needed one).

3x AstroScript Pilot Program
3x Global Food Initiative •••
2x Project Beale
1x 15 Minutes
Asset Asset (3)

3x Jackson Howard
Upgrade Upgrade (5)

2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
1x Caprice Nisei ••••
1x Crisium Grid •
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite
Operation Operation (17)

1x Cerebral Static ••
1x Freelancer
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
1x Predictive Algorithm
3x Restructure
1x Subliminal Messaging
3x Sweeps Week
3x Targeted Marketing
Barrier Barrier (4)

3x Resistor
1x Wraparound
Code Gate Code Gate (6)

2x Archangel
2x Pop-up Window
2x Tollbooth
Sentry Sentry (5)

1x Assassin
3x News Hound
1x Swordsman •

so far this list has been pretty good, but haven’t been playing it long,

the reason you play sol is news hound and targeted marketing. targeted marketing is a card you absolutely CAN NOT rely on, but it’s nice to see trigger. i find op econ is what you wanna go for, since you can’t really defend anything else. the agneda spread means no matter what they have to steal 4, and you can usually win with 3.

TM works pretty swell with DLR in the meta, as you can simply name siphon and they will never ever ever be able to siphon you, giving you a chance to potentially run your agendas out or trash DLR, basically letting you live long enough to score out.

I’ve been trying a few pokes at SOL and so far have had mixed results. I think Surveillance Sweep is much worse than I thought whereas TM is much better filler than I figured it would be. You want a current early to prime News Hound and TM can be useful as a blocker to early runner setup while you wait for your primary current (I don’t think TM is super strong as a primary current but if it’s the only one you see, that’s not awful).

In terms of currents, has anyone had success with ELP? I wanted to build an ELP/Jenkins/Caprice nightmare, but I ran out of influence really quickly. I was having a hard time finding a glacier ICE suite that NBN could field without spending influence, since glaicer NBN will need to spend a lot of inf on protection upgrades (similar to Weyland).

What’s the glacier influence spread for NBN these days? Can you afford ELP in SOL?

Well I’m currently splashing for 2 Patch and 2 Architect on top of the Ashes and Foods you obviously need, so I’d say probably yes :smile:

Tbh I’ve been happy with TM all game long, but it does get harder to pick the right target as the game goes long (except for Levy. Oh how I love catching the Levy…) and having ELP for those times might be worth a go.

Patched Architect on R&D is f**king nuts tho…

Oh, and in my last SHL game, that ‘not super strong’ current got Kate to discard 2 lucky finds and then made me 20 credits (switched to levy & then sure gamble after levy - he’d played a LF by then) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i wanted to try elp but i decided to try static because it simply hoses certain IDs. static on noise till you can TM cache, you’re likely to have the game locked up by then. even a slight tax on kate isn’t terrible, till you can find your TM and make money on lucky find when the runner does.
it also sucks because you want to include as little in the ways of currents as possible because only 1 can be active at a time, but you also want to be able to find it, so you can’t just include 1x or even 2x.

spending little for barrier ice like resistor i have found helps, plus it lets you do SOMETHING with news hound tags. i thought about lily lockwell to tutor your currents but it’s too finicky.

nbn needs a really awesome current, or more cards that are like news hound, that get better if there is a current in play.

the only thing that surveillance sweep does is make it so you don’t actually have to pay money to make ash work. that’s it. it kinda sucks.

really though, i feel like my deck is tuned to the DLR matchup, where naming siphon and blanking maxx are both things that can help you cinch up games. elp might be better overall for runners who actually like to… you know… run…

I managed to get a couple more games in with this ID, and this is what I’ve come up with:

Agenda (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ••

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (3)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (16)
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Targeted Marketing (The Spaces Between)
3x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between) ••••• •
1x The All-Seeing I (Data and Destiny)

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (7)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set)
1x Little Engine (Chrome City)
3x Archangel (Data and Destiny)

Sentry (5)
1x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
3x News Hound (Data and Destiny)
1x Assassin (Data and Destiny)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

@TheBigBoy was onto something wtih Paywall Implementation; Targeted Marketing is still the first Current you want out, but it’s usually until you find Paywall. The deck also has a problem with Atman 6 (less so with 4, since Archangel can crush it) but I’m not sure what can be done about that without influence. The deck actually isn’t afraid of D4V1D, they’ll run out of counters very quickly. The tag punishment slots are definitely flex, but I’d cut All-Seeing I before Closed Accounts; second Restructure doesn’t seem that bad in its place.

This is also the type of deck where you essentially have 5 5/3s; it’s much more appealing to score Project Beale for 3 points than it is to score it out with Astroscript, since being at 5 points with a token is a lot more desirable than being at 4 without one. The lack of Caprice is also rough at times, since you have no real out against stopping Kate (they WILL have more money than you at some point) even if you somehow land a Targeted Marketing.

As it stands, the only currents I’d try with this deck is Targeted Marketing, ELP, or Paywall. I don’t have the influence for both ELP and Paywall, and not only does Paywall give you more money than you’d think it would, it’s also free; it’s zero-issue keeping it in play if they get points.

1 Like