New Player Help MegaThread

Yes. They both change the rez cost itself. I believe something like Running Interference wouldn’t be negated, though, because it adds an additional cost.

Ok, that’s what I was thinking, but I wasn’t sure. Good to know.

Well, Running Interference in particular won’t help you all that much if the advancement counters pushed the rez cost down to zero, though… paying an extra 0 credits isn’t so bad, after all :stuck_out_tongue:

True enough. I was thinking of the other one, whose name continues to escape me.

I have a question about the interaction between Au Revoir and Data Raven:

If I have an Au Revoir installed (no Snitch to back it up), make a run, and the Corp pays to rez a Data Raven. If I choose to not take a tag and bounce, does that count as jacking out, thereby netting me Au Revoir credits?

Thanks.

Don’t believe so, because Data Raven basically says to take a tag or end the run, not take a tag or jack out. Data Raven is still ending the run, just not through a subroutine. Kind of like if Caprice kills your run (or a Nisei counter), it’s not jacking out, it’s just that the run is ended.

@ErikTwice had a great BBG tread, which was mostly similar to what I was mulling about: a meta call list:

Jinteki: RP Grail; RP Bioroid; Other: Cambridge Jinteki; IG, Tennin;
HB: HB EtF FA Rush ; CI Combo; HB EtF IT-department Other:
NBN: NEH Tol/Space; NEH Biotic; NEH Grail/Biotic; Other: NEH Nearpad; Making News Manhunt
Weyland: Bootcamp Glacier BS; Blue Sun Scorched Other: Argus; Titan Supermodernism

Anarchs: Maxx Reg; Reina Denail. Quetzal; Noise Workshop; Noise Chakana Other: Valencia Medium Dig; Maxx Eater Keyhole
Shapers: Calimsha’s Kate; Traditional Kate Other: Kit Stealth; Exile Dumpster Gamble;
Criminals: Cerebus/Aandries Leela, Andy Stealth; Andy Suckers Parasite Gabe; Other: Drip Andy, Sterling Supplier

Fill free to poke me to improve this list

4 Likes

This is amazing! Thanks for putting it together!!

Updated

Jinteki: RP Grail; RP Bioroid; Other: Tennin ToL; Cambridge Jinteki; IG, Tennin NA; IG Eric Twice No Fun;
HB: HB EtF FA Rush ; CI Combo; HB EtF IT-department Other:
NBN: NEH Tol/Space; NEH Biotic; NEH Grail/Biotic; Other: NEH Nearpad; Making News Manhunt
Weyland: Bootcamp Glacier BS; Blue Sun Scorched Other: Argus; Titan Supermodernism

Anarchs: Maxx Reg; Reina Denail. Quetzal; Noise Workshop; Noise Chakana Other: Valencia Chakana; Maxx Eater Keyhole
Shapers: Calimsha’s Kate; Traditional Kate Other: Kit Stealth; Exile Dumpster Gamble; Exile Dirty Hands
Criminals: Cerebus/Aandries Leela, Andy Stealth; Andy Suckers Parasite Gabe; Other: Drip Andy, Sterling Supplier

Fill free to poke me to improve this list

3 Likes

That’s Tennin NA, actually. He talks about NA tactics (scoring unadvanced Nisei mkII, bluffing with Jackson and Crisium). I’ve been playing a similar deck since H&P, but this is the first time something like it has been mentioned as top tier. Usually everybody just expects Trick of Light shenanigans out of Tennin.

1 Like

Missing Dirty Hands Exile (heap recursion)

1 Like

Real exile players play chess!

edit:
Well, pawns

Minor detail, but the Valencia list should probably be down as Valencia Chakana rather than Medium Dig. It rarely digs more than 5-6 cards at a time and certainly isn’t set up for true big digs (also a lot of games end on a Nerve Agent run before Medium has even hit the table)

1 Like

Ty, can you link me a better one?

I’m not saying the linked to deck shouldn’t be included, I did take it to 1st and 2nd place in SCs, I just think it’s been mislabelled. I haven’t seen a Valencia big dig build that’s gone anywhere as yet, the only other SC winning Valencia list I’m aware of is the Eater/Keyhole with Desperado build posted here

Question if you run a sentral server then jack out unsucessful can you run on remote or does it have to be sucessfull

Against Jinteki: RP your central run doesn’t have to be successful to run the remotes, but also you can’t jack out before you encounter the first piece of ice on a server.

ok so it just means he has to spend 1 more click thanks

No, not always. It depends on the ice you encounter. If you go for a server with lotus field, you can just end the run, but on a Komainu, or even a Pup, you have to pay.

I’ve been playing RegAss MaxX recently and I’m enjoying it, but I’ve never had experience running the fixed strength breaker suite (out of criminal for example). What should be mind set here, particularly with Sentries? I always feel like I’m one run away from an Archer to the face. Should I be looking to keep one or two Datasucker tokens? What about later in the game when central are locked down? Advice much appreciated.