[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

Bleugh no its just hardware and programs isnt it. Shame.

Iā€™ve actually slotted a hunting grounds with sync and so forth in mind. Havenā€™t played enough with it to decide whether it warrants the slot.

1 Like

I guess fall guy could protect resources, and also provide some clickless econ OR be sold to aesops for a credit more. Its limited outside any matchup where you opponent isnt hunting for aesops, though.

How do you find MU for Trope?

With Grimoire it there is typically enough MU, if only barely. It does slowdown my shop a little bit, but I focus more on freeing up MU from programs instead of squeezing every last credit out of Daily Casts. I donā€™t use Trope every game, or even very many games, but when I do itā€™s only out for 3-7 turns.

Itā€™s a little tricky, because you donā€™t want to empty out all of your best programs from your heap unless all of your Deja Vuā€™s and Clone Chips are already spent, but even in that case the recursion is a better target than the viruses themselves.

Help! Iā€™m having the hardest time finding two cuts in this list. Every time I look at it, everything seems vital. But Iā€™ll be damned if Iā€™m playing more than 45 cards.

(47 cards)
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire
ā€“ Event (6 cards)
3 DĆ©jĆ  Vu
3 Iā€™ve Had Worse
ā€“ Hardware (3 cards)
1 Clone Chip
2 Grimoire
ā€“ Program (24 cards)
3 Cache
1 Clot
1 Corroder
2 D4v1d
3 Datasucker
2 Faust
3 Imp
3 Lamprey
2 Medium
1 Mimic
3 Parasite
ā€“ Resource (14 cards)
2 Adjusted Chronotype
3 Aesopā€™s Pawnshop
3 Daily Casts
3 Street Peddler
3 Wyldside

-1x IHW -1xDC or Clot

1 Like

Corroder is a bit of a luxury; it makes the deck easier to play, but isnā€™t strictly necessary. Wrap can be dealt with with D4v1d, or Faust in an emergency.

3 Likes

Yeah agreed. Itā€™s a flex slot ATM. And removing it probably solves the last issues with Casts vs Feeders debates. Having said that, 2 Casts is plenty. Youā€™re often gonna be in a situation where you would rather install Virusā€™ to sell off next turn and wonā€™t ramp enough to put them into play.

Also, money cards are not REALLY needed in Noise. It takes a bit of practice to get to the point of clicking for credits, but you only need to do it untill you have your engine set up, and I prefer to fill deck with cards to help me get my engine up and running, and not just to optimize few clicks I make for getting credits.

Because in the end, thatā€™s all the economy cards do - your clicks spent for money give a bit more than 1 credit.

5 Likes

You have some 3-offs that I am not sold on:

Datasucker
Street Peddler
Lamprey

I am perfectly happy with any of those as a 2-off. I like Lamprey the most of these 3, because when you do get it early and are able to make an impact with it, you make a big impact. Street Peddler is nice, and Iā€™m always happy to draw it, but sometimes it doesnā€™t really give me a lot of value on the install. Datasucker is very good, I just donā€™t think you need all 3.

Some 2-offs Iā€™d rather see 3 of:
Faust

You need Faust for early pressure, without it you arenā€™t able to threaten a rush agenda and make the early game too easy for the corp.

So I recommend:
-1 Datasucker
-1 Street Peddler
-1 Lamprey
+1 Faust

If you really want to get down to 45, you can cut a 3rd Daily Casts, but this card is usually the grease that gets the shop running at the beginning of the game. Not getting DC or Cache early with a P
+1 Grimoireawnshop usually makes the start of the game a little rough.

1 Like

No offense Bubba, but I canā€™t say I agree with any of these suggestions. 2 Grim is absolutely fine, and dropping 1 cost Virusā€™ in favor of more expensive installs you only need in the mid-game seems pretty cray-cray.

4 Likes

Checks list in NetrunnerDB

Yeah, youā€™re right, even I went down to 2x Grim in November.

Oops. Iā€™ll edit my OP before more people are contaminated by it.

Lol no probs. I think that kinda stuff is pretty settled now. I thought the only real debate post MWL (which really read as drop 2 CCā€™s if you are Noise) was Casts vs Feeders, and how many IHWā€™s get included. There was some chat about dropping to 1 Medium, which I think is probably right, and now I think most are settled that Corroder isnā€™t really necessary anymore. But ya, thatā€™s about it really.

I worry about cutting Corroder when there is no recursion to feed Faust. In mid and late game, I rely much more on my normal breakers, David, and Parasite to get into than Faust. With no means of getting cards back into the stack, glacier builds may be able to freeze out Noise until Faust runs out of steam.

I use Corroder for breaking, and Trope for some recursion (4-7 cards as needed), and there are still games where I end with only 10 cards in my stack. Of course, it may be a meta call depending on what ICE you expect to see; I see a lot of Markus 1.0.

I replaced the last Clone Chip with Levy recently and this made using Faust way easier.

In the end all anarch decks converge on Wyldside, Pancakes, Faust and Levy. The rest is just flavour. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You forgot D4v1d!

Nah, you can live without D4v1d. Decks with those 4 cards and 35 blanks will do alright. Iā€™d give them 50%+ against all but the most refined Corp archetypes. :smiley:

Iā€™m mostly joking, mostlyā€¦
(And I still love netrunner)

That sounds like an interesting experiment; try winning a game where the only cards you play any number of copies of those 4 and see how well you do.

Iā€™d do it but Iā€™m terrible.