[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

I tried this for a bit pre-MWL, its nice when using hades shard as well.

1 Like

2x and a shard?

yep

I’ve decided that I am not a huge fan of the Street Peddler with only 1 CC in my deck; she killed an important card one too many times. I cut my 2x Street Peddler to add 2x Run Amok. When I made this change I did very well in my first tournament, taking a single loss in a field of 26 and dragging NEH into second place.

Full disclosure: I did terrible in 2 more tournaments this weekend, but I don’t blame the deck.

Anyways, the list can be found here. It is a very normal Faust Noise with Run Amok and Hades Shard as the main oddball cards, but both have worked very well for me, and could probably carry a better runner to the top tables more consistently.

2 Likes

I think you should give Hacktivist Meeting a try to help against NEH. It’s also decent against ETF, Gargarin and apparently IG, if that’s in your meta.

1 Like

Here’s my list that I won an Atlanta store champs with yesterday:

Pancake Noise (45 cards)
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire
– Event (0 cards)
3 Déjà Vu
2 Hacktivist Meeting
3 I’ve Had Worse
1 Quest Completed
1 Scavenge
– Hardware (0 cards)
2 Grimoire
– Program (0 cards)
3 Cache
2 Clot
1 Corroder
2 D4v1d
3 Datasucker
2 Faust
3 Imp
2 Medium
1 Mimic
3 Parasite
– Resource (0 cards)
2 Adjusted Chronotype
3 Aesop’s Pawnshop
2 Armitage Codebusting
1 Hades Shard
3 Wyldside

4 Likes

Quest Compeleted is an interesting addition…

I have been tempted to swap out one medium for a djinn. This gives some extra memory to play turntable over grimoire and lets you fetch your medium, parasite or clot.
Is this a silly temptation I should just disregard?

I am not too fond of peddlers either, I’d rather play a full set of IHW.

It is an interesting addition, but it seems to fulfill a similar niche as my Run Amok does. I’d argue that Run Amok is easier to execute, but the setup requires little pressure on remotes, which can be risky.

But what is playing anarch without risk?

Quest completed was a last minute addition for the foodcoats matchup or blue sun matchup.

Were you able to to use the Quest Completed during Swiss? Amazing HB game btw, and congrats :smile:

2 Likes

I took two SC down with the cutlery Noise. I had 2x Daily Casts in the previous one, and swapped them for my second clot with Scheherazade.

Noise Hacker Extraordinaire
12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12) ••••••••••••
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway
Event (9)

3x Déjà Vu
1x Forked
2x I’ve Had Worse
1x Knifed
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
1x Spooned

Hardware (2)

2x Grimoire

Resource (11)

2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop ••••• •
1x Same Old Thing
2x Street Peddler
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (3)

2x Faust
1x Mimic

Program (20)

3x Cache •••
2x Clot
2x D4v1d
3x Datasucker
3x Imp
2x Lamprey
1x Medium
3x Parasite ☆☆☆
1x Scheherazade

Nah, I never got to use it at all.

This is my current deck - inspired by codemarvelous for the employee strike, and spoilers are my own addition.

Seems to work pretty well - employee strike and spoilers can really slow the corp down while you get set up, and I run hq fairly aggressively as agendas seem to start building up.

That said, there are so many cards I want to include and don’t know what to cut - I know 3 spoilers seems like overkill, but the earlier you get them the better, they will probably trigger more mills than any virus, and they can be sold to Aesop in a pinch or when the corp is on match point.

Cards im considering are

Run amok
I’ve had worse
Hades shard
2nd Medium
Trope
Turntable
Levy
Scavenge
Plascrete

Any advice from seasoned noise players?

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (6)
3x Déjà Vu
3x Employee Strike •••

Hardware (4)
2x Cyberfeeder
2x Grimoire

Resource (14)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop ••••• •
3x Daily Casts
3x Spoilers
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (3)
2x Faust
1x Mimic

Program (18)
3x Cache •••
2x D4v1d
3x Datasucker
3x Imp
3x Lamprey
1x Medium
3x Parasite ☆☆☆

12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I’d say 3 emp strike is too many, 2 is fine. 3 lamprey might not be the best these days, but thats a matter of opinion to me. Personally +1 hades - empstrike. The spoilers could be something else, but if thats your flavor for the deck, I won’t go after it.

4 Likes

I’m still on 3 Lamprey, but as you say, that is a ‘propensity to mill vs in-game efficiency’ debate. I’m really struggling to motivate a Clot’less Noise right now, certainly not in my meta anyway, though I’m now pretty much convinced we don’t need the 1 CC in favor of the shards … It’s kinda cool, but seems pretty unnecessary. Noise feels like ‘moar mill’ at the moment, not ‘moar run’, and the CC is often not for Parasite, but for a 4th Cache.

If I were doing noise today, I think this is how I’d do it: http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/610967

2 clot is a maybe.

1 Like

Noise: King of Swag,

found on google image search

13 Likes

Levy super interesting. I wouldn’t but I do like the idea. With Cyberfeeders it does look like it’s play-style we differ on. You got the corroder in their though, so yeah, they are better than casts or similar econ, but yours does look more run happy. Mine is defo more mill happy at the moment. IHW’s vs injects, for example.

The Noise core is super-solid, and it’s mostly just tinkering round the edges. That said, I do think NEH - especially asset spam NEH - is his hardest matchup, and the one that needs to be teched for. If you don’t get on top of the game very quickly, it becomes hard to stop the repeated scoring and Cyberdex recursion from Sponsorship.

With that in mind, I think 2 Clot and 3 Lampreys are essentials, and your 3 inf that is usually Clone Chip should go on something that helps the matchup. I’ve been testing Apocalypse lately, and it does help that matchup a fair bit - but with the downside that you rarely want to play it in any other match, because you’re often hurting yourself as much as the corp. I know @groober was testing 2x Sacrifical Construct 1x Employee Strike at one point, and that’s something I’m going to look into too.

4 Likes