[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

im kinda iffy on inject w/o levy, but it could still be good. I think peddles is good to drop in favor of events. Deja os basically the only event noise truely needs. Emp strike, sure gamble, ive had worse, stimhack, run amok, and levy are all nice to haves imo.

2 Likes

I agree a one of employee strike is so great in noise. Honestly I want to find room for hacktivist in my current list because of the asset spam I unleashed on the world.

2 Likes

How’s everyone feel about Councilman? I think I’m gonna try out one or two once it comes out. My current list is:

MWL Noise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (5)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (3)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆ ••[/color]
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (13)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]••••• •[/color]
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (20)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) [color=#4169E1]•••[/color]
2x Clot (The Valley)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Lamprey i[/i]
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]☆☆☆[/color]
11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Probably gonna try out dropping either Corroder or a D4v1d for one, and maybe a Daily Casts for a second.

Here’s my SC list 5-0-1.
PPP Noise

Interesting things are: Paige Piper, Personal Workshop and DDoS

After seeing Pacer’s latest list I went back to Hades shard with the single influence MWL left me with. Meta seems right for it as you do get a few lulls in tempo where the Corp will get greedy with their Jackson. Final elimination game it grabbed 3 agendas for the win.

Have to admit I think I was wrong to not include a Hacktivist Meeting. I first tested Hacktivist in the RP days, it didn’t feel great. Unless Noise got it in the first few turns RP was already in a good position. But it was brutal for my Foodcoats to deal with!

1 Like

This is what im running right now. Pretty much your standard noise shell with hactivist tech and dirty laundary over the usual econ options because noise needs some money NOW, not more money later.

Don’t know if anyone has tested -2 Hacktivist -1 Clone chip + 2 sac con +1 emp strike/hades shard, both are good against NEH asset spam but I think the hacktivist gives you a little more against the rest of the field.

Event(10)
3 Déjà vu
2 I’ve Had Worse
2 Hactivist Meeting
3 Dirty Laundary

Hardware(3)
1 Clone Chip ***
2 Grimoire

Resources(8)
3 Aesop’s Pawnshop ** ** **
3 Wyldside
2 Adjusted Chronotype

Icebreaker(4)
2 Faust
1 Mimic
1 Corroder

Programs(20)
3 Cache ***
2 Clot
2 D4v1d
1 Medium
3 Parasite ***
3 Lamprey
3 Datasucker
3 Imp

2 Likes

I see some of you are going down to a single Medium. What’s the reasoning?

I was on 2 and then realised its a finishing card. The install cost means you dont want to see it early game.

2 Likes

Here’s my latest. Pretty much always wins for me. I’m happy with it (and I have high standards for Noise).

Write-up on NRDB.

BigBoy Noise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (7)
3x Déjà Vu
3x Inject
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••

Hardware (3)
2x Grimoire
1x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (11)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop ••••• •
3x Street Peddler
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (3)
2x Faust
1x Mimic

Program (21)
3x Cache •••
2x Clot
2x D4v1d
3x Datasucker
3x Imp
3x Lamprey
1x Medium
3x Parasite ☆☆☆
1x Scheherazade

12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Decklist published on http://netrunnerdb.com.

4 Likes

Not questioning, just curious - does the 3x inject to get you to Aesop offset any mileage you might get out of cyberfeeder?

Just asking because I often see daily casts vs cyberfeeder arguments, but it’s rare that I see a deck with neither.

the truth is you don’t need either. economy cards give you marginally more efficient economy than clicking for a credit. noises’ problem is not efficiency, it is setup and tempo in the early game. getting to aesops is the key which is why the inject choice in noise is so intriguing. lets compare some of these options

Cash flow at Turn: 0 1 2 3 4
Casts -3 -1 1 3 5
Cyber -1 0 1 2 3
Shez 1 2 3 4 5
Dirty Laundary 3
Inject 1 (+digging through 4 cards in the deck)
IHW -1 (+ digging through 3 cards in the deck)
Peddler +1 (digging through 3 cards in the deck)

there are a few assumptions in here, such as you can activate cyberfeeder everyturn (including the turn you install it), and you activate shez once per turn. inject assumes that you pitch 2 programs as they make up 50% of any noise deck. all of these should be compared to simply clicking for credit which is a +1 base case.

In that light installing casts is clearly the worst economy option for noise - it represents a tempo hit of -4 vs clicking for a credit, and takes 3 entire turns to give you the same payout as simply playing a dirty laundary. all of this for a marginal 2 extra credits (I get that you can sell it to Aesop for an extra 1 credit, but that assumes you managed to find Aesop, but after 4 turns, you may well have found another laundary anyway at be at the same number of credit without any tempo loss whatsoever). cyberfeeder is also similarly week in this regard, and really only good if you can see it early. shez is pretty strong, installing for zero tempo loss and paying immiedetely (and crucially it can be trigger more than once per turn shown above) but comes with the downside of being weak to batty/shutdown. im on laundary at the moment because the upfront money is what noise really needs, and you still don’t mind seeing it once you are set up.

2 Likes

Despite the assumptions that’s still great analysis, thanks! So out of interest, what would you cut from the list above for dirty laundries?

in the big boys list - I wouldn’t cut anything for laundries - he is using inject/peddlers and shez to the same effect (economy with low initial cost / positive tempo).

the noise shell is essentially 36 cards

3 Deja
2 Grimoire
3 Wyld
2 Chrono
3 Pawnshop
3 Breakers
2 D4v1d (1 can be corroder if you care)
18 Viruses

after that you have 9 slots and 3 influence to pack in cards that help accelerate setup and high impact seasoning to taste (meta choices). the thing to bear in mind is noise doesn’t need any help with his nut draws - in that case, you just have more faust food, he needs most assistance when he cant find wyldside and/or aesops in the first 15 cards, whilst NEH is choo chooing to 7 points.

1 Like

Has anyone tested 3 Chronotype, and did it feel worth it? I’m still struggling against NEH asset spam, and part of that is that they’re well-placed to take advantage of your 3-click turns before you find Chronotype. Although perhaps this is exactly the sort of situation Inject is for?

If you’re going to employ Levy then you need to make the morally correct choice of including chop bot so you can draw all the things! :wink:

@meh Because Because he has included Levy the thought is that it “activates” inject to rip through your deck so you can assemble your engine faster.

I have a question for everyone here slotting Levy: Do you actually use it? I’ve had levy slotted for at least 40 games that I tracked, and used it in one of those games, which I should have lost anyways due to bad play. I used it in one other game that I can remember, but the 1 in 40 is data that I tracked across SC’s and normal tournaments.

I do not face many damage decks in those 40 matches. I was able to win some of those games since there was relatively little ICE, and I used Faust less to avoid a flatline.

I played @TheBigBoy deck card for card a few times this morning, and needed the Levy once. I think it is pretty relevant with all the horizontal MoH nonsense going around at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m really disliking that crap. I don’t mind losing, but I greatly dislike playing an endless slog for 40 minutes.

At this point, my answer for that is Whizzard, in my variant of @TheBigBoy’s 2-armed ICE feast.

Three Street Peddler and three Inject and Faust leaves you a significant chance of being decked before winning. Given Clone Chip is the same influence, I think Levy is a totally valid call. The faster setup time and ability to just burn through your deck (and the corp’s!) is cool. I’ll have to give it a shot.

2 Likes

I guess it just gives you the option to go hyper aggressive with Faust if you want/need to. its also let me pull out wins where I’ve not been able to easily get in to any server, and rather than wait for my remaining viruses to ramp up the pressure, firing levy and installing 2 viruses a turn can really help.

Also the ability to be able to install your most relevant virus (I’m looking at you, Imp) up to 18 times can be pretty useful :wink: