[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

Surprisingly well. So far I’ve gotten Kati early, so the extra Armitages I draw tend to not get used, which is the point of them at this time… Backup econ that runs out while I’m looking for my long-term econ in Kati.

I also don’t need a whole lot of money to run places, since I can usually just eat whatever ICE is there with parasite.

I’ve found the main thing is getting card draw going. Inject and IHW are really useful for that. Kill decks scare me since IHW is my only defense and I end up using it for setup.

I’ve been playing an idiotic “viruses + money + a hades shard” deck, and with Rumor Mill in the mix blanking Jackson Howard it is winning a bunch. Anything you throw in the trash tends to stay there long enough for you to go and get it.

I dunno if the “church” of Noise preaches a second coming, but I’m replacing my hacktivists with Rumor Mill, and the choice isn’t even close.

Since someone necro’d this thread I’ll share what I’ve been playing.

Headlock

Noise (Core Set)

Event (18)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• •••
1x Apocalypse (Data and Destiny) •••
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Inject (Up and Over)
1x Rumor Mill (Blood Money)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (3)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
1x Sports Hopper (Salsette Island)

Resource (5)
2x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) ☆
2x Knight (Mala Tempora)
1x Paperclip (Blood Money)

Program (13)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Lamprey (Upstalk)
3x Parasite (Core Set) ☆☆☆
2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
2x Medium (Core Set)

45 cards (minimum 45)
11/11 (=15-4☆) influence used
Cards up to Blood Money

Have a write up for the NRDB publish but I can’t yet since it’s ‘unreleased.’ I wanted to try to design an Anarch with tag resilience. This deck compromises a bit to be able to play RealNetrunnerTM when your denial plan is… Denied. So far all games with this deck have been wins but have been incredibly difficult and intense from both sides. Usually I’ll go down as much as 5-0 or 6-0 before you get your Headlock established. Asset spam is your toughest Match ups but Medium dogs are still good

2 Likes

Has anyone else been on the ixodidae System outage thing? With hemorrhage it has been pretty hilarious. It is just god awful vs CtM

1 Like

Ew. Decklist?

Here’s my latest take on Noise:

Good Stuff Noise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (17)

Hardware (4)

Resource (4)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (14)

9 influence spent (max 15-6★=9, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Between Inject and IHW, I feel like the draw is in a good place. Not sure about the effectiveness of the Cutlery events, but I haven’t played enough games to get a feel for them. I still like Atman over Aghora just for being so versatile. I think its worth the influence. It also acts as my second Yog.

I only really started playing Noise after MWL 2.0 so any advice would be appreciated!

Play Paperclip instead of Corroder, especially seeing how you run Inject. It will help not to overtax your Clone Chips. I’m not sure Cache is worth it just like that, maybe include Sheherazade? Also put Rumor Mill somewhere, that card is bonkers. I think I’d drop Hacktivist Meeting and a Cutlery for it. I like it though, has been a while since I played Noise and this looks fun. I’ll probably sleeve up a variation of this soon!

1 Like

I’m right there with you! Blood Money still hasn’t arrived at our lgs, otherwise I would be making those exact changes. Hacktivist and Corroder are placeholders until I get that pack. I do like Cache though. It’s nice to have a couple Easy Marks to smooth things out in between the other econ cards, and it gets you a mill too. A lot of times I use it to close the gap on installing bigger pieces, and sometimes it’s a way to see the next card down on R&D.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Been trying this. It works OK.

ShitNoise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (12)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
3x Inject (Up and Over)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (6)
2x Chop Bot 3000 (Order and Chaos)
2x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (8)
1x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●[/color]
1x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money) [color=#4169E1]●●●●● ●[/color]

Icebreaker (4)
1x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Paperclip (Blood Money)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (15)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Lamprey i[/i]
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
8 influence spent (max 15, available 7)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This deck is cheating.

Not sure I’d play peddlers and so many events. Also not sure if 3x temujin is better spent influence instead of aesops and cache. Other than that look sort of interesting.

the deck and his win-rate are an illustration of just how stupid temujin is.

Temujin is pretty neat economy, but is it really a great fit in a runner with 4 icebreakers and no way to tutor them? I’d think Liberated Accounts would be much more reliable economy, and cheaper on influence.

With these breakers, do you really need so many credits? or is the credit pool mostly to hold off the trace threat from the corp? My Noise (when I last tried to play him) has been losing badly to tag punishment, so this is a serious question from me.

Do you have enough draw and recursion to find your breakers and use Inject? I worry about using 1 copy of each breaker and Inject since getting the breakers back will cost a Deja Vu (that I’d rather use on Parasites).

3 Likes

Play like a real damn anarch and don’t be attached to your shit. Just work with what you have. Your ID ability applies pressure by itself. 3 Deja Vu is a ton of recursion. Liberated gives you +6. Temujin gives you +11/16. It’s not even a comparison. The card is so broken you should play it in basically everything. It’s one of the worst things to ever happen to this game.

4 Likes

Hey everyone. I made a thing.

The Necromancer (46 cards)

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (10)
3 Déjà Vu
2 Inject
2 I’ve Had Worse
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (3)
1 Plascrete Carapace
2 Şifr

Resource (13)
2 Adjusted Chronotype
3 Aesop’s Pawnshop [color=#6da045]●●●●● ●[/color]
3 Daily Casts
2 Scrubber
3 Wyldside

Icebreaker (6)
2 Black Orchestra
2 MKUltra
2 Paperclip

Program (14)
3 Cache [color=#444f80]●●●[/color]
3 Datasucker
3 Gravedigger
2 Imp
3 Parasite

Built with [URL=https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/GqHp97t3jNGu3L9kM]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

1 Like

I think modern Noise lists really need to include 3x Peddler to fight CI. I’m not sure what to do about that though, my past Noise efforts were completely wasted.

I would cut Plascrete, Casts, Scrubber, and Digger. Definitely Scrubber. Also I think Lamprey is really good if you’re gonna abuse SIFR. Play 3 Imp always. 3 IHW 3 Inject. That leaves 6 slots I think. 3 Lamprey, 3 Peddler. You can click for credits when you need to.

2 Likes