Official Dumblefork Thread

I thought that there should be a thread for this thing, since many great players have confirmed that it’s the jam.

Whizzard: Master Gamer

Event (15)
3x Career Fair •••
2x Forked
3x I’ve Had Worse
2x Knifed
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
1x Spooned
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
2x Clone Chip ☆☆ ••••
1x Plascrete Carapace
2x Turntable

Resource (12)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Daily Casts
3x Liberated Account
1x Same Old Thing
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (3)
2x Faust
1x Mimic

Program (10)
2x D4v1d
3x Datasucker
2x Medium
3x Parasite ☆☆☆

10 influence spent (max 15-5☆=10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Now that people are finally taking notice of this monster, let’s figure out how to beat it! I for one am starting with an HB rush deck with 3x Biotics and Clearances for econ.

How have you found the deck and what do you think it’s weaknesses are?

7 Likes

Weak to Self-Destruct, 3/10.

9 Likes

I haven’t played a game with this where I felt out of control. I’ll probably play the first deck that does give me pause.

Self-Destruct with rice, 11/10.

1 Like

Not sure of an exact build, but I like a Cybernetics Division Rush with mostly Operation econ. I like CD because it puts downward pressure on Faust and has a small deck size to try and outspeed the Runner.

None of that awful gimmic stuff, though. There’s no need to use the Chips or jank like Ryon. Not avocating for that at all. Damage ain’t a bad plan, though. Perhaps Snare or similar? Komainu?

I find I can slot this into both Whizz and Kim and runs fine from both.

2 Likes

I’ve played a couple is games with this deck using Kim instead, was fun for me! Not sure my friends liked all their ice getting blown up though.

David + spooned through tollbooth makes people sad.

I actually didn’t get medium out in either game which was annoying. But I found with killing ice, thus forcing the corp to keep installing more and being able to trash operations you can make it hard to hide agendas in HQ.

A nerve agent would have been nice!

1 Like

I think there might be some super manageable minor tweaks to have like a Kim sideboard in this build. Don’t think he needs the Plascrete as much, for example. Kinda exciting to have ID’s that you can switch about like that, most decks so far have been really ID specific.

Been playing it for a solid 1,5 months now. I still find I can lose to Fastro when I have shit draws, but maybe I’m piloting it wrong. Beyond that, I only really lose to Foodcoats when they rush beta tests for 2 or 3 ICE.

It’s really strong, but the deck is frustrating when you have to click-draw half your deck or more to find Wyldside, seeing no IHW along the way. This happens to me about 8-10% of the time which isn’t negligible. That said, I took 3rd in an SC with it and should have taken first but played sloppy against PE twice in the cut. This remains my go-to deck when I want to win for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

Not to sound too hipster, but I’ve been doing Whizzard + Faust since August last year. Composition has changed with iterations, but this deck is monstrous. It was monstrous before MWL. And it’s probably more monstrous after MWL with Damon nerfing the most efficient corp defences to ICE destruction. Double Datasucker, Faust + Parasite crushes Corp servers. Whizzard crushes corp econ.

I have played ~30 games with a deck that puts self-destruct in a remote to surprise Faust runners. It did not work even once. Which makes me sad, because blowing up your own server to kill the runner is the only cooler thing than Apocalypse.

8 Likes

I’ve been trying to find a deck that can get at least 30-40% against a well piloted Faustwhizz and failing miserably. Playing corp just feels like a boxing sparring with Mike Tyson recently.

5 Likes

Tyson is an Eater though.

16 Likes

Do you ever feel like the 5 memory is too restrictive? I was considering swapping to Grimoire to get an extra memory, and also get a bit more flexibility out of the parasites/suckers, but I understand the odd swap to turn off Astro can be helpful, along with some other swaps to get more points, etc. Has there been any testing between the two?

Interesting suggestion, how about something like this to counter the whiz
Feedback welcome

HB sponsered FA

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (10)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]••[/color]
3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Future is Now (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
3x Team Sponsorship (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Upgrade (3)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
1x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]☆ •••[/color]

Operation (15)
2x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing)
3x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (5)
3x NEXT Silver i[/i]
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
3x NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves)
2x Viper (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (4)
2x Archer (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••[/color]
2x Architect (Up and Over) [color=#8A2BE2]☆☆[/color]

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess i[/i]
12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

you need turntable vs fastro

Oh, but how many times did you trash Self-Destruct out of a central for zero? That’s the fun stat!

1 Like

I’ve been using more high-strength Code Gates given the ubiquity of Faust and the dearth of anarch’s running decoders. Little Engine is a boss, and Archangel is a monster that can punish HQ/R&D access, I run both in my NEH FA deck.

I mention this because you have no decoder, and also elected to run only 1x spooned, making code gates the best ICE to stifle you with.

In similar fashion, a couple of Jinteki (PE, IG/RP) decks I’m working on utilize Lockdown (another codegate) with Net/Brain damage. Brain damage against Faust is evil, so I like it a lot, bonus points when it hits IHW. I’m surprised we haven’t seen more brain damage in general with Faust around.

Finally, Cerebral Cast is bad news. I guess no one uses it, but it offers either brain damage, or resource destruction. Both are very bad for your deck (and Faust anarchs in general). I don’t think the archetype has seen much life yet, but maybe it should.

Those are the best shots I can take at your list so far. Maybe I’ll come up with more later.

The archer and architect will be annoying but the NeXT suite will ground into dust quickly (even with 2 archiveds) leaving your centrals fairly vulnerable. I think Ichi’s and Vikram’s would make better defence. You might not be able to afford as much ice on the servers, but they’d last longer and tax more.

I’ve tested games with Grimoire. It’s useful every game, turntable is not, but turntable is completely fucking broken and shits on anyone who tries to score agendas that do things, or agendas that are different sizes. It gets you plenty of free wins, and the games that it won’t, it just breaks subroutines.

6 Likes