Official Rules Question Thread

I was afraid of that. Thanks!

1 Like

If I have comet and I play, click 1, a Deja Vu to pull a peace in our time from the heap, could I use comet to fire peace in our time?

1 Like

Comet :

The first time you play an event each turn, you may play another event (without spending a click) after the first one resolves.

So I’d say yes.

Is the fact the peace in our time is a priority not matter? Does it still count as being played as my first click?

Ah, didn’t remind that Peace… is a Priority.

So no, according to ANCUR (see comments).

2 Likes

From the Jemison thread-- @jakodrako looks like Ancur and the official FAQ are in conflict over False Lead:

The official FAQ seems pretty clear that the only situations where you can forfeit false lead (using its printed effect) are those in which the runner has >=2 clicks. So there is no valid case in which the ancur text (if the runner cannot lose 2 clicks, they lose no clicks) can be applied.

If the runner has less than 2 clicks, False Leads may not use its ability (IE: FAQ is right).

This lines up with all rulings that an abilities effect (not cost or chaining abilities) must affect the board state in order to be played.

Note that ANCUR doesn’t specify that False Leads can be forfeit while the runner has less than 2 clicks. Just that, if the runner has less than 2 clicks when the effect resolves (or somehow otherwise can’t lose 2 clicks), they wouldn’t​ lose any. This is correct and lines up with all other rulings on “if able”.

ANCUR statement for reference:

If False Lead is forfeited and the Runner cannot lose 2 clicks, then he loses no clicks.

I don’t think there is a contradiction between ANCUR and the FAQ.

EDIT: the above statement has been removed from ANCUR, replaced by:

False Lead cannot be forfeited unless the Runner can lose 2 clicks.

Maybe to make that more clear, consider the following hypothetical card:

Ronald VI (Asset)

Whenever you forfeit an agenda, the runner loses a click.

If you were to forfeit False Leads while the runner has 2 clicks, and you had this card rezzed, the runner would end up with 1 click remaining, because Ronald VI would proc on the forfeit, and then the runner would be unable to lose 2 from False Leads’ effect, so it does nothing (as ANCUR states).

In addition, you cannot play False Leads while the runner has <2 clicks (as the FAQ states).

Hope that helps.

I don’t see that text on the page you linked. Maybe Jacob or someone already cleaned it up.

Yeah seems to have been changed. Probably for the best; alleviates any confusion. I edited my post above to the same effect.

Yeah, that was me (it is a wiki, after all!). I agree that your hypothetical case above makes sense w.r.t. not being able to partially-resolve False Lead’s printed forfeit ability, but given the fact that this precedent is well-established with, for instance, Tollbooth’s on-encounter effect, I thought it was clearer just to put in the text directly from the most recent FAQ.

I promise that if Ronnie VI ever gets printed I’ll go back and change it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not sure if this is the right place but I did not find any other place to ask…

I tried to create a core set shaper deck on netrunnerdb.com and the site tells me it is not valid according to the NAPD MWL. I think the problem was having 3 Magni Opi, I browsed through the MWL but couldn’t find anything. Is this a netrunnerdb.com bug?

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (22)
3x Easy Mark (Core Set) •••
2x Special Order (Core Set) ••••
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Modded (Core Set)
3x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
3x Tinkering (Core Set)
2x Infiltration (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
2x The Personal Touch (Core Set)
1x The Toolbox (Core Set)

Resource (4)
1x Access to Globalsec (Core Set)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)

Icebreaker (11)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
2x Ninja (Core Set) ••••
2x Battering Ram (Core Set)
3x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
2x Pipeline (Core Set)

Program (3)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Core Set

This is more so for rules questions; I’d create a new thread for things like this.

But looking at that list quickly I don’t see any MWL violations. Possible I missed something, but I think NRDB is wrong if it’s telling you that.

Hmm… Thanks!

I have the same bug with this deck too:
But only if I’m in edit mode, if I save it nrdb says its fine.

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (14)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Stimhack (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set) ••••• •
3x Infiltration (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
1x Grimoire (Core Set)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set) •

Resource (8)
2x Ice Carver (Core Set)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)

Icebreaker (9)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
3x Wyrm (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (9)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Djinn (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

7 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Core Set

I imported your Noise deck and edited it and didn’t see any problems.

Are you looking at the “Legality” dropdown at the bottom, by any chance? If that says “Casual Play,” it doesn’t mean that your deck is only legal for casual play, it means that NetrunnerDB is only checking it for casual play. If you use the dropdown to change the Legality setting to MWL, NetrunnerDB will check your deck against the MWL.

I ask because your Noise deck, as you’ve shared it here, says “7 influence spent (maximum 15)”. If the Legality is set to MWL 1.1, it should instead say “7 influence spent (max 15-8★=7, available 0)”.

Sorry if this is off-base and you are indeed dealing with a bug!

1 Like

Quick rules query folks…

Regarding NASX, can it be triggered via:
i) Credits coming off a scored Corporate Sales Team?
ii) Credits gained via advancing Oaktown Renovation?

Yes to both. Each is a conditional ability that gains money, and NASX fires when a card ability gains money (outside itself).

2 Likes

Sorry if this has been asked already, but how do Omar and AgInfusion interact? If I use his ability to run archives, then AgInfusion trashes the ice to make me run on an open remote, when the run is succesful do I choose a central server to treat it as or do I have to access that remote?

U said it for yourself. The run is successful on the remote, not on archives, so omar wont trigger

1 Like