Official Stimhack Netrunner Mentor Program Updated With Pairings! Now with a tournament!

Role: Mentee
Time zone: Central (North America)
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I could really use help all around. My biggest area of improving is in reading the board state/making smart plays.

Uhā€¦*raises hand

1 Like

Seems good :slight_smile:

Hope I didnā€™t miss the boat!

Role: student
Voice chat: yes
Time zone: GMT+5.5 (Sri Lanka)
Looking to learn: runner (MaxX mainly, slysquid variants, also Valencia and Reina)

Time zone: Central US
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes/No
Iā€™m at the point where I do okay with piloting tier one decks on the Corp side, but Iā€™m still a pretty bad runner. Iā€™m intimidated by the anarch breaker suite and tend to favor criminal tricks and less mathy runner decks. Iā€™m looking for help with stabilizing play on both sides and learning how to build stable econ in the deck building process.

Time Zone: Central
Voice: No
Iā€™m a new/intermediate player looking to learn Slysquid MaxX and prepaid Kate. Iā€™m less experienced with the Corp side, so HB/NEH help would be great too.

Time Zone: EST
Voice: Usually

Iā€™ve been playing for about a year and a half, and Iā€™d really like to work on improving with Prepaid Kate and Astrobiotics specifically (in addition to just fundamentals as both sides).

Where are you from in EST? Iā€™m without a mentee due to a pairing mixup upthread. Iā€™d be happy to pick you up, if OP allows.

Iā€™m in Michigan. That sounds great to me!

Looks like I picked the wrong time to work on Prepaid Kate, but Iā€™d still like to focus on whatever the T1 decks shape up to be after the change.

Cool, Iā€™m from Northern Indiana, and not the goofy part that is on the wrong time zone. I donā€™t want to junk someone elseā€™s turn to mentor though, if someone is ahead of me. Weā€™ll let OP do the pairing.

Time Zone: PST
Voice: Yes

Corp side I prefer glacier style play so I play a lot of HB and Jinteki with the occasional Weyland. Runner side I play a little bit of everything and havenā€™t settled on any particular play style or faction. Definitely feel like Iā€™m stronger against glacier because thatā€™s what I usually corp, but weaker against rush/kill/PE.

Time Zone: PST
Voice: Yes, mumble preferred

I bought a core like years ago, mostly stuck to playing magic since then but with the recent discovery of jinteki.net and the like 10+ cycles since then have gotten back into the swing of things. Iā€™m looking to gain a better understanding of competitive netrunner, play popular/strong decks and learn the inner workings of the metagame. Iā€™m also looking for people who like to play competitive lists to practice and learn.

I donā€™t know if people are still open to mentoring, but I figured Iā€™d come here, because Iā€™ve gotten really frustrated playing as corp lately.

Time zone: U.S. Central time zone
Able to use Voice Chat?: No
Area where you think you need to improve: I am struggling tremendously as corp; I can barely seem to win a single corp game on Jinteki lately. I feel like I understand the game well enough and know the basics (and a bit beyond the basics; I usually win about half my games at local tournaments), but I canā€™t seem to get things to click and end up getting repeatedly destroyed by Anarchs (and frequently losing to Leela as well). Itā€™s gotten to the point where I donā€™t even have fun playing as corp anymore. I would like to get a lot better with either New Angeles Sol or Sync (I like both Fastrobiotics and Keegan rig-trashing variants); I was enjoying Industrial Genomics and had a bit more success with it, but found that it was so bad against Keyhole decks and Edward Kim that I didnā€™t want to bother with it anymore.

another attempt to revive this thread, also would either @netrunnerunner or @AzianMom420 want to practice together sometime?

Definitely, I DMed you my info.

Sorry for the general inactivity, but due to a lack of mentors, itā€™s hard to pair up people. :confused:

I wish we had a way to message everyone in a thread. I want to see how itā€™s going and see about a possible re-pair. Also would potentially like to host a tourney with over the shoulder mentor pairs playing against each other. Would be hard to get enough people to sign up or see it though I reckon.

3 Likes

You should ask for a channel on the slack chat, then people could just join it for organized play.

1 Like

my last guy never replied. FYI

want a new guy?