Official Stimhack Netrunner Mentor Program Updated With Pairings! Now with a tournament!

if OP has no one else queued up first sure.

1 Like

Not really, go ahead :slight_smile:

Anyone interested in revamping this idea post MWL? I was in the middle of covering 2000 miles of south america by bus when the initial idea was set up, but Iā€™d be interested in doing some mentoring if thereā€™s anyone who missed out.

5 Likes

@x3r0h0ur has already claimed me, but signal boosting this because I support reviving it.

2 Likes

With the death of PPVP Kate, I think I could use some help on all things not Shaper. That said, I certainly could mentor someone who is new-ish to the game as well, time didnā€™t permit me to do this earlier.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to start a practice playgroup, any tips would be welcome too dm me here or on slack.

My guy also vanished, would still be interested in being a mentor!

Iā€™m ready for a tourney.

2 Likes

Role: Mentor
Time zone: GMT+1, but flexible (yay student life!)
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Very experienced with the old ā€œstandardā€ decks (Fastro, RP, many shades of etf, Andy, PPVP Kate, RegAss).
edit: found a mentee

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m also GMT + 1 and would love to have a mentor (the guy I was paired up to partner practice never really wrote back). Iā€™ll also write a DM, but wanted to note it here as well :smile:

1 Like

Role: Mentee
Time zone: GMT +9
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I want to become a better player, canā€™t seem to do well in tournaments. I usually play Jinteki and Anarch, but Iā€™m open to any Corp or Runner faction.

Letā€™s do it!

Hey! You were at the tourney last weekend. Slim pickens for mentors in our timezone. Trenzor (the TO from Sunday) and I got matched up. We already played each other about once a week.

Join the Seoul FB group if you havenā€™t.

Iā€™m always up for meeting during the week if you want to get together and practice.

1 Like

Hey! Yeah I was, glad to see a friendly face around here.

Thanks Iā€™m already in the FB group.
Iā€™ll probably start attending the Friday nights @ Nakseongae, maybe I can get trained there. Will probably go today actually.

Thanks for the reply and the offer, would love to meet up to practice.

1 Like

At this point, weā€™re aiming more for self-organizing as the initial interest has certainly died down. So please get in touch with each other to get going :slight_smile:

HI!
I have moved to Barcelona, a city with a healthy community, and I want to get better in Netrunner!

Role: Mentee
Time zone: GMT+1
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Want to get at top Store Championship (or better, why not!) player

This is an excellent idea!

Donā€™t know if you made it last week since I was out of the country, but Iā€™ll definitely be there Friday and am always happy to help when I can. Also, I have another Swordsman for you!

Role: mentor
Time zone: GMT -8
Able to use voice chat: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I play mostly Anarch, Jinteki, and NBN. The only faction I donā€™t have much of any experience with is Shaper.

This threadā€™s been going a while so Iā€™m not sure who hasnā€™t found a match. I donā€™t consider myself a top tier player, and Iā€™ve only been at it for a little over a year, but Iā€™ve been consistently successful at GNKs lately (something like first or second in 4 out of the last 5). I think what most people need to improve is just some third party perspective, so even if Iā€™m not the greatest I can provide constructive feedback on decks and play.

Yeah I went last Friday. Will probably go this week as well.
Thanks for saving me that, see you in the cafe around 6?

2 Likes