Official Stimhack Netrunner Mentor Program Updated With Pairings! Now with a tournament!

Role: Mentee

Time zone: EST

Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes - Skype, Hangouts, etc.

Area where you think you need to improve: Noah’s article really spoke to some of the gaps for me as well. I understand the guts of the game and I love it, but I’m not yet skilled at seeing the game the way that he describes it even early on in his journey - identification of those key mistakes and plays. I’d play pretty much any identity, I think I like flexibility in my play (something I like about LCGs is the ability to easily shift if you want to try something else).

I think that what I really need to do is up my level of technical play. That’s something that I don’t see discussed with ANR as much as it is for games like MTG (so ideas for resources there would be great too).

Role: Student
Time zone: UTC/GMT +9:30 hours
Able to use Voice Chat?: Should be able to
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise:

So I started a year ago or so. I’d say I am an intermediate player, I won a store champs, a regional, and came second at Australia nationals (1st seed after day 1). So I don’t think I am bad, but if I could get coaching from like, someone really really dece, just a new perspective, turn by turn, that would be amazing.

In terms of IDs, I mainly play PPVP Kate (with pro co), Stealth Andy, know how to play Stealth Hayley and regular Andy as well. I mainly play NEH, both kill and Fastro, also nearpad, haarp kill, and know how to play PE quite well. I would like to learn how to play AGAINST and WITH HB ETF better, and the same for Blue Sun, I guess. I would just generally look to improve, make better choices from one turn to the next, especially on the corp side, but obviously both. There are vids of me playing online somewhere, from Aus nats, so a pretty easy starting point for seeing where I might need to improve. I am happy to play jinteki or octgn.

1 Like

Role: mentee
Time zone: GMT +9 hours I’m pretty flexible on weekends.
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Looking to become more competitive in tournaments. Want to get better at Reg-Ass Anarch (especially Val) and HB Glacier. Need to work on defending against econ denial decks.

Role: mentee
Time zone: GMT +11 (Melbourne)
Able to use Voice Chat?: Possibly
Area where you think you need to improve: Runner. I can play noise and shaper but need help with choosing good lines of play.
Would also appreciate help tightening up my Corp game
Can use octgn or Jinteki.net

Time zone: GMT-06:00
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes Skype and anything else
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I’ve done okay at tournaments through out the competitive season and would like the extra edge to become a top tier player. I’ve played mostly meta decks Kate/Leela/Noise and NEH/RP.

Time Zone: Pacific. I’m free anytime after 5 pm on weeknights
Voice Chat: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I’ve only been playing Netrunner for a few months so i’m still new but have tried most tournament archetypes such as Prepaid Kat and Astrobiotics. I’d be down for any kind of mentoring but would love to work on lesser seen decks/combos.

Role: Mentor (would like to student, but while my internet is slow, this isn’t feasible)
Time Zone: GMT -6 (US Central); I’m mostly available in early morning hours, primarily 8 AM - 11 AM weekdays; about midnight to 6 AM Saturday morning. This means I’m probably more available to European players than Americans, interestingly enough. :smile:
Voice Chat: Yes. Discord preferred, but I can do Skype if necessary.
Areas I can teach: Novice runner strategy, Novice corp strategy; competent with Vamp Kit, Convenience Shop, Foodcoats; Passable with Val DLR
Best mentor for: Newer players in general, or those looking for experience playing with or against the specific decks listed above.
Platform: Jinteki or OCTGN

EDIT: Oops, forgot platform.

2 Likes

Time zone: Eastern USA (EST)
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Trying to get better with HB, RP and NEH for corp and Kate, MaxX and a couple Criminal Indentities. There has been a couple off meta stuff I’ve been trying out also and been wondering on advice for.,

Time zone: Central US (I work nights)
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Running non shaper anything. Playing either side of Jinteki or kill decks.

1 Like

Time zone: EST
Able to voice chat: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Overall - I have been playing for about a year now and just haven’t been able to take my play to the next level. Usually finish somewhere in the middle during organized play events. Would love to win my first tournament, ideally with a deck I built. I can’t wrap my head around deck building, always have performed best with lists I find then tweak to my playstyle.
Platform: Jinteki.net

1 Like

Role: Mentee?
Time zone: CST - United States
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Just want to generally get better at the game, especially as Corp against savvy Runners. Deckbuilding/using proven decks is also a plus. I’m a few months into the game, I’d just generally like to feel more comfortable piloting my decks!

1 Like

Time zone: CST (GMT -6)
Area where you think you need to improve:
Need the most help with runner. I cannot decide on a runner ID that I want to focus on, but primarily interested in Iain, Fisk, or Nasir. It feels like every click I do is at the wrong time.

I fell more solid on corp, using NBN Spark Agency or Jinteki kill/shell game, but still could use pointers.

1 Like

Edit: found a mentor.

Time zone: GMT+1 (but mostly plays around midnight)
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: novice player, so I’m open to any kind of mentoring :wink:
Platform: jinteki.net

2 Likes

Role: both mentor / mentee
Time zone: CET (GMT +1) - I work from 9:30 to 18:00 on weekdays, I usually can play games during that time, but I can game + voice chat in the evening.
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yup, any kind.
Platform: I prefer Jinteki.net, but I can also do OCTGN (I run it on an Amazom server, so it’s a tad bit slower.)
Area where you think you need to improve: I played a lot of NEH FA and Noise in the tournament season this year and placed quite well, but in the SHL I get beaten quite often so I’d like to somehow reach that level (not speficially with those decks, but I like sticking with NBN/Anarch). I probably make a lot of mistakes that I don’t even recognize. (Plus I’m interested in how to Kate.)
or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I guess I have the basics/intermediate ideas to new players. I have most of my experience with NBN (mostly NEH FA and Flash Wears Yellow, less NEH Butchershop, Haarp kill) and Anarchs (mostly Noise and DLR Val, less with different flavors of Eater/Keyhole, RegAss Whizz/Val).

2 Likes

Role: Mentee please
Time Zone: GMT
Areas in need of help:
Runner- I need to learn to be patient, and to judge when to focus on setting up my rig over running like a lunatic. Have recently switched from MaxX to Sunny and so am trying to adjust to the change in pace!
Corp- I really need to learn how not to freak out when I have agendas in my hand, and how to play against super aggresive decks without losing my cool, if possible! I’m currently failing at a Spark deck, but keen to try New Angeles Sol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time zone: GMT+1. Available from 20h on weekdays. Weekends, no issue.
Able to use Voice Chat?: Skype or Google Hangout.
Platform: Jinteki.net and OCTGN.
Area where you think you need to improve: General advice on competitive gameplay. I find myself making wrong calls concerning the meta on a regular basis. This mostly results in homebrewing (jank) way more then I should.
Proof: Last tournament I played a Silhouette DLR Connection Deck because I expected a lot of HB Glacier and an Argus Supermodernism variant, called “Brutalism”, that I tinkered to counter PPvP Kate. Then I played Neh and Noise all day. xD

1 Like

Role: Mentor
Time zone: UTC +1
Voice chat: yes
Area: I am an expert Criminal player, @d1en can vouch for me. I also play NEH extensively.

2 Likes

Role: Both
Time Zone: GMT
Platform: I usually play on Jinteki, but have OCTGN set up too
Area where you need to improve: I’m pretty good, but would like to be able to be more accurately determine when to be aggressive with scoring windows, and when that would leave me too vulnerable to counterplay. With runners I need to learn when to take the foot of the gas and play a longer game. The runner games I lose, I often lose because my deck burns out.
Area where you have some expertise: Decks I’ve had some good experience and moderate tournament success with: Geist, Desperado Anarch, Blue Sun Glacier, Weyland in general, HBFA. Aggressive mostly early game runners; taxing corps.

4 Likes

Role: Mentor
Time zone: GMT
Area where you think you have some particular expertise: Deck-wise, A+ with Kate, glacier, convenience shop and NEHFA. Enjoy playing Leela, Noise and Maxx.
Weaknesses: I prefer to talk about how to play existing decks with small tweaks. I’m not really into deckbuilding at the fringes.

Platforms wise, I’ll use jinteki but if I’m observing, you can share screen however you like.

2 Likes

Time zone: mainly GMT. but can be variable when I’m on the road
Able to use voice chat: yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I’ve been playing for six months, competent with game mechanics, I’m primarily looking to understand more advanced strategy, and especially, reading the game state. I’m playing Whizzard and RP at the moment.

2 Likes