Pueblo, CO

Winner: Natalie Edwards
14 Players
Four Rounds of Swiss
Top 4 Cut for Double-Elimination
Cards legal up to Order and Chaos

1st Place Corp: Titan Transnational
1st Place Runner: Edward Kim

I was out of town for the event, so I’m still working on gathering final standings, stats, prestige/SoS, and decklists. I will post the Acoo link later if I get my hands on all the goodies. :smile:

7 Likes

What an exotic program suite on E. Kim :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I’m so confused by that list. Parasites and Clone Chips - but no Datasucker? No barrier breaker. Two Cuj.0 instead of Mimic, and 3 Knights.

My confusion didn’t even manage to reach the program suite, I’m still paralyzed that someone can actually work with, like, 7 real + 4 pseudo-econ cards. Whenever I play less than 15, none of them show up.

1 Like

I counted 14 potential econ sources and 9 deck thinners to give them a higher density.

Then d4v1d, e3, and Knight reduce costs for breaking anything big. And you’re not paying to break sentries. I’m not convinced, looks like a small tournament, but I see the outlines of a theory.

I dunno, counting Inject as an econ source is downright fishy, considering you make more money than you would by clicking for a credit only once you trash 3 programs.

edit: and that Titan, man. Can’t imagine doing anything with it vs. Noise, Valencia, or basically any Shaper ever.

2 Likes

Would love to see videos of these decks/player in action.

3 Likes

he has pretty insane draw so his econ cards likely come up fast. I reckon he’s making more calculated runs then just spamming accesses. I wouldn’t be suprised if most of his points came from hq.

I actually like that titan deck. It’s just swimming in money and runs big ice. I figure the early game could be tough, but just try and stop that deck from being rich…

Against Val, I agree, although you could use Mark Yale to draw out Blackmails.

Noise? No jackson decks do have a disadvantage, but a well timed Cronos can really slow him down.

I wanted to defend that Kim deck, but then I kept reading it, and yea, that shit has NO econ to speak of. I cannot imagine losing to that deck with virtually any thing, even my max jank.

The Titan is…mmmm surprising???

So we can agree, great meta call :wink:

She won more SCs than I have.

13 Likes

Don’t we all… :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I would also love to see a video of those decks.

Was there a Blue Sun in that tournament? It seems like that would very quickly over-tax Clone Chip on that runner with just Knights, not even starting with instant-parasite on 0-2str ice. And … Public Sympathy? I am also surprised at the Titan having 3xArcher but no Hostile Takeover.

I am curious to see the ID breakdown for that tournament if you are able to get that into Acoo.

The “Archer without Hostiles” I totally get - Firmware Upgrades is basically a super-charged HT without the Bad Pub, although you have to never-advance it. The thing that’s most surprising to me is the absence of Ash - seems like with that ICE and that much money, he’d be particularly kickass.

Isn’t that why we’d love to see videos of the deck in action? It’s less of an “I disbelieve the illusion” and more of a “hey, there’s definitely a lesson to be had here”.

2 Likes

I regret not being at the tournament to comment on the whole thing with more details. Unfortunately, I was vacationing in Florida with my wife. :stuck_out_tongue:

This was a small tournament for our area (our first Store Champ in the state with less than 21 players), this was Chaos’ first Store Championship and there were at least a couple first-time tournament players present, so the small tournament angle is worth considering when viewing the winning lists. That said, Natalie is a decent player that started playing about a year and a half ago, and she’s been doing very well with these two decks. She won a small weeknight 9-player tournament that I did play in last week with the same identities. I have not played against either deck, so I can’t comment on any particular playstyle or tendencies with them that are out of the ordinary.

I don’t think she had an easy road to the top… The second place player (Trick of Light Titan and Switchblade Gabe) is one of the best in our region… he’s placed second in two straight Store Champs now, lost the tournament prior to this one on a questionable though probably correct ruling - did the end-of-a-long-day patented Dan move: Four-clicks as Corp w/a first-click draw following the mandatory. Though this happened at match point for both players with no ice on the remote (going for the Trick of Light score), and a no take backs ruling from the TO left an advanced and undefended agenda on the table that lost him the game instead of winning it. Anyway, he was undefeated through Swiss in this tournament, won the first round of the cut, lost second round to Natalie, won in the lower bracket final, and lost again to Natalie, granting her the victory. Unfortunately, I don’t have any details on their games, and I do not believe any were recorded.

I’m still waiting on full stats from the tournament. A couple folks have been asking about identity distribution, which I do have, so here’s that. Safe to say that Shaper and Blue Sun had some presence, though neither particularly dominant. Here’s the identity breakdown:

Corps
3 - Weyland Titan
2 - Jinteki PE
2 - NBN NEH
2 - Weyland Blue Sun
2 - Weyland Argus
1 - HB ETF
1 - HB NEXT Design
1 - Jinteki RP

Runners
3 - Kate
2 - Chaos
2 - MaxX
1 - Noise
1 - Whizzard
1 - Kim
1 - Gabe
1 - Andromeda
1 - Express
1 - Leela

8 Likes

Thanks for posting the ID breakdown, I was curious if it was a meta call to a strange meta or something. That looks pretty reasonable, though.

Well, I for one am hoping she is able to make the Store Champions Invitational and wrecks everyone in ways we don’t currently understand.

6 Likes

Me too! That would be epic :smiley:

card pool: Through Order & Chaos
event: Store Championship
players: 20
location/store: e-fantasy
city: Thessaloniki
date: February 28, 2015
winner: Spyros Gkiouzepas

Near-Earth
Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)

Asset (9)
2x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
2x Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains)

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (10)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (7)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x RSVP (True Colors)

Sentry (4)
2x Rototurret (Core Set) ••
2x Architect (Up and Over) ••••

17 influence spent (maximum 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (23)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
1x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
2x Scrubbed (The Spaces Between)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
1x Wanton Destruction (Order and Chaos)
2x Day Job (Order and Chaos)
1x Forked (Order and Chaos)
2x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Spooned (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (8)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (3)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••

Program (10)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
2x Parasite (Core Set)
2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
50 cards (min 45)

Pretty standard fare through and through. I would make some changes after the tournament though.

I think that with architect Rototurret lost it’s use in this deck. It dies to parasite rarely fires as all players fear Architect and rarely facecheck ice without a killer. Maybe those 2 influence can be spent elsewere.

On the runner side I quite didn’t like Zu, I think it underperformed and would prefer to have gordian. My change will be to remove lucky find and Zu add Torch (!) and an extra Retrieval run and another day job. All in all the economy package is strong, but the standar breaker suite a bit slow to set up.

PS: That is was first ever win on a tournament and I am super excited!

4 Likes