Official Tournament Winning Decklists Page

If you don’t know they’re playing it, I suspect you can easily get fucked. The nice thing is, it’s not the most difficult card to play around if you see it on an access or just are aware that someone plays it; all you have to do is never have a ton of money on kati without a lot in your bank too and it isn’t very good anymore.

Here’s how I roll ever since S&G came out (and I got screwed badly by it a couple times):

Whenever I’m about to put more money onto a Kati that already has some amount of cash, I ask myself: “If she gets snatched now, will I hate life for more than two turns?” If the answer is “yes”, I take the cash instead of piling more onto her.

The number of credits depends on the matchup, my draw, and the boardstate, but generally seems to be in the vicinity of 9 credits (down to 6 if I’m having an econ-light draw).

This is a good way to do it. Another way to think about it is “how many credits would the corp have to pump into this to SnatchNGrab my Kati, and would I care that much if they spent all that money?” Basically what Dan said–if you have $5-10 it’s not as much in the Corp’s interests to spend a bunch of cash to deny you your cash.

Like everything in the game, it’s board-state dependent. A good player would only SnG you when it’s clearly beneficial to him/her. I think the right move these days is to just play a bit more cautiously with your Kati and always consider the chance that SnG might be in play. The days of not running and continuing to add money to Kati while you bide your time are probably over, though.

2 Likes

Running the third liberated in anarch gets more important too. Just having diversified econ options makes you resilient enough usually.

1 Like

First attempt at writing a tournament report. I didn’t take any notes so some of these games might not be accurate. Thanks for @Anachron for all the deck/card talk when I should be working! A big thanks for the Rivendell Netrunner group, we started out small and have grown over the past few months into an awesome group!

Game 1: Curtis playing Gabe/NBN:TWIY. I corped first and he quickly got to 5 points. I wasn’t able to keep him out of HQ but my achieves was filling up quick(14 facedown cards) so assests were nearly untrashable. I was able to set up the Chairman/Ronin/Emp kill for the win. As the runner he was having a hard time keeping me out so was able to siphon him down and legwork to steal 2 agendas out of HQ. This opened up R&D from Leela’s ability to get 4 points off the top. 2-0

Game 2: Jeff Lamoreux playing MaxX/Tennin. Corping first again. Achieves filled up fast and seeing 2 I’ve had Worse get MaxX out helped set up the kill combo. Runner game is a bit of a blur, I remember Jeff Celebrity Gifting and seeing two Medical Breakthoughs. I was able to steal both getting past a wall of thorns then shutting it down. 4-0

Game 3: Zeb from NH.Kate/NEH. I played against Zeb a few times last year and the games are always fun. Corped first again, got all my weak ice parasited off of R&D(I think he parsited 5 ice all game, 3 of which were in one turn haha!) With an easy way into R&D I had no chance. NEH is Leela’s best match up I think. I had a Logos out and was able to grab anything I needed. I think the game was pretty close 6-5? I was low on funds but last agenda he scored I searched for a stimhack and was able to steal it for the win. 5-1

Game 4: Tom Melucci Kate/NEH. Tom was running the tournament and helped set up the Battleground meetup. He sometimes plays at our group as well so we know each others decks fairly well. I ran first and was able to keep him poor, bounce ice away. Game is a bit of a blur but I managed a win. Tom knew my IG deck pretty well, he pressured achieves which had no shocks in it making it really safe. At one point he was at zero cards but had a deus x on the board. With only one emp in hand and the other in achieves I knew it was over. 6-2

Top 4!

Game 1: Tom again… Just coming off a loss I knew he would want to run again. I felt like it was almost an auto loss against his deck. He ran into a 3 advanced overwriter but with deus on the board I wasn’t gonna kill him anytime soon. 3 turns in a row I mushin’d out a ronin, which he ran and trashed(7,8,9 credits) He was down to zero cards at one point so I emped to make him waste the deus x. He was really broke and thought for awhile about Levying. He did shuffling the deus back in. I had Chairman out earlier and rezzed him forcing a zero card hand to kill him with an emp.

Game 2 Max Gillet. Max is a really good player from what I’ve seen. I think he won the Cambridge SC? Plus he was playing Nasir which I’ve only played against once and wasn’t looking forward to it. Another blurry game and I was just trying to hold out. He hit a single advanced junebug at some point, I knew next turn I could kill him but first card I hit is an I’ve had worse!..doh! He ran achieves? to steal some agendas and only needed two points to win. He was looking for Chairman Hiro to trash(with Imp) for the win. I had him mushin’d out trying to hide it. Got the kill some how don’t remember maybe a ronin?

Final Match. Tom M. I got to run since I hadn’t yet. Was getting really nervous with everyone watching. I knew it was a good matchup for me but NEH is still a beast. He got to 6 pretty fast and I was at 4. I knew he had a NAPD in hand from seeing it earlier on a R&D run. With only 4 cards in hand, architect on HQ, I make some money and legwork(HQI installed as well), he thought out the play for awhile and installs a card in a 2 deep server with an unrezzed sansan. First or second card access is the NAPD which I steal, bounce the card he installed to steal the Breaking News for the win.

Thanks Tom for running the tournament and to everyone else I met! Looking forward to seeing everyone again for regionals!

4 Likes

Glad to hear :smile:
I love your IG deck, it was really interesting to play against. My favorite realization was that I couldn’t just run and trash ronin for 2 credits. I’m glad you didn’t get Chairman Hiro against me!

1 Like

Thanks man! Oh right you got the Hiro trashed haha:( Yeah it happened a lot all day, trash that for 2…er 14?

I died to end of turn rez (mushin’d) Chairman Hiro, Neural EMP, advance (mushin’d) Ronin, Ronin. On 5 points (Fetal AI from archives, TFP from R&D) with a 2 counter Imp. I am still salty >: 3 (really wanted to get a SC win with Nasir ;_:wink:

2 Likes

It was a close one though! That Nasir deck was really good.

Thanks! It was definitely a fun game : )

Nassiiiiiiiiiiir! :sob:
:smile:

I did the same thing with The Prof, got eliminated from top 4 mostly on Corp play. Should have trusted the Grey Fox more!

Are we still posting winning decklists here? :stuck_out_tongue:

Tournament name: True North Games Store Championship
Date: 24/03/15
Cards up to: Order and Chaos
Players: 12? (Will confirm # of players)
Winner: Alex Bradley

Decks:
Corp - Daily Biotic Dose (1st, Ottawa SC & GNK, 15/03/24) · NetrunnerDB
Runner - I came here to be tested (1st, Ottawa SC & GNK, 15/03/24) · NetrunnerDB

And another one:

Tournament name: Ottawa Geek Market GNK
Date: 29/03/15
Cards up to: Order and Chaos
Players: 10
Winner: Alex Bradley

Decks (same as above):
Corp - Daily Biotic Dose (1st, Ottawa SC & GNK, 15/03/24) · NetrunnerDB
Runner - I came here to be tested (1st, Ottawa SC & GNK, 15/03/24) · NetrunnerDB

1 Like

Doesn’t quite meet the criteria of winning a 10+ tournament but here’s some lists.

MaxX
Top 4, KoC Store Champs, 4-1 (20 players) March 15, 2015
1st, FTW Store Champs 5-1 (9 players) March 28, 2015

Event (15)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
2x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
1x Scavenge (Creation and Control) ••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)••••••
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (9)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)•••
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (10)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

HB: ETF
1st, FTW Store Champs 4-2 (9 players) March 28, 2015

Agenda (11)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
1x Chronos Project (First Contact)
1x Director Haas’ Pet Project (Creation and Control)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (13)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) •••
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
1x The Root i[/i] •••

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) ••••••

Operation (6)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
1x IQ (First Contact)
1x Viper (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (6)
3x Architect (Up and Over)
2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
1x Rototurret (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Woo, The Root in HB!

3-inf for 1-of without a tutor…

1 Like

Eh, no big deal, HB has always (or for awhile anyways) been the faction that least needed their influence to shore up holes. Plenty of flexible influence in pretty much any non FA HB list.

1 Like

Hello there.

Here’s my Argus deck that i won a store championship with in Athens, Greece. March 2015. 23 people attended.

1 Like

And the runner?

My runner was the usual Stealth Andromeda. I posted the Argus cause i made it myself and was kind of surprised that it did so good. This is my Runner deck. Nothing out of canon.

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (16)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Inside Job
2x Legwork
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (9)
2x Desperado
1x Feedback Filter •
2x Plascrete Carapace