Order and Chaos Corp Card Evaluation

Err, this is Tenin, aka a corp where you want to ice archives…

You can see Susanoo as a str 7 “go elsewhere ice”, same function as an etr if the ice on archive is etr or wormhole.
A str7 / “if the sub fires, you loose the target”.

I would not put more than 1 though. Wormholing it with Grim in front of Archives seems to be wonderfull :slight_smile:

I’d remove Caprice for something else (like Mutate to use on those Quandaries) :slight_smile:

The Twins in Foundary is utterly insane based on my testing. Playing a glacier deck where you can’t check unadvanced cards or upgraded centrals early game because you might flatline is nuts. And mid-late game it does the Ash “run my server twice” job without the corp needing to be ahead on money.

4 Likes

Worth a Crisium Grid? Probably not. Security Testing is really good.

Crisium Grid is good. It has synergy with the ID ability and counters the eater decks which will be all over the place in the same meta.

1 Like

Probably not for long, looking how crisium grid is an easy and obvious counter to Eater.
And Wraparound.
And Swordsman.

but you can’t parasite crisium grid!

You’re almost certainly right, but I limit myself to speculating about how the meta reacts to unreleased cards, rather than how the meta reacts to how the meta reacts to unreleased cards. Swordsman will certainly come out of my binder too.

I’m liking the look of Crisium Grid more and more for glaciers. Counters a slew of killer cards without a big investment. Probably won’t even need a rez to do work.

What’s your agenda spread with Firmware Updates? I like it, but I’m not sure what I’d cut.

Are you going go for any special synergy with Space Camp? Or just free advancement on Ice and the occasional agenda?

I’ve been liking Orion as a replacement for Curtain Wall for OAIing. It’s easier to break, but it does more when rezzed normally.

I like Fire Wall as well.

For some reason I was not expecting Wormhole to be impressive. Or Space Camp. I’ll add them to my ‘must check out’ list.

1 Like

Wormhole is a STR7 code gate that ‘ends the run’ or worse, and costs 9. But can also cost 6(7) or 3(5), or cheaper if you have free advancements.

That’s pretty good. Who plans for a nasty STR7 code gate that wrecks programs, does net/brain damage, or ends the run and yet is immune to sharpshooter/deusX?
Only David/Femme easily deals with it. Even Torch/cypher pays 4.

3 Likes

In the deck I’ve been playing, it would have a choice between:

• ETR
  • Trash a program
  • Lose a click
  • Corp gains 2 bucks
  • Corp gains 1 buck or draws a card
  • Taurus’ trace
  • Data Raven’s trace
  • Checkpoint’s trace

Yeah, that’s a very flexible piece of ice, you’ve got that right.

2 Likes

Both Architect subroutines are nice options, too. The Wormhole effect is just a beautiful, beautiful thing.

I don’t see architect being good in blue sun glacier, blue sun supermodernism, or tennin. That pretty much leaves ETR, trash program, trash hardware. Maybe there will be some sort of gagarin build that would appreciate architect.

Yale would actually give you 12 credits since his abilities stack. It’s pretty sweet when it goes off, but the timing can be kind of clunky. He does make a pretty good Atlas bluff though, so that’s appreciated.

1 Like

See, I’m going to be splashing Wormhole all over the dang place. It seems like a great thing for HB to grab, as it lets you fire un-clickable Bioroid subs. Nabbing Heimdall 2.0’s second subroutine, for instance.

But the Titan deck I’m running (haven’t had enough games to say if is good or not, hence no list yet) runs SanSan and Yale, both of while appreciate being targets of Architect. As does the whole glacier thing, letting you install ice further out for free, or getting agendas into other servers where they’ll be harder to score.

1 Like

Does anyone think Argus or Gagarin are viable with the current card pool? Anyone done any testing? My mind is boggled into how to leverage Gagarin’s ability into a good deck.

No but just imagine if NEH had gagarin’s ability…

What do you mean? I think NEH’s ability is much better than Gagarin’s.

Honestly, the best thing I can think of to do with Gagarin is play RSVP. I’m serious.