4 Likes

I’d like to see the day when title change to Post Poop NEH FA

3 Likes

Polly

Bawwk

“Polly want a cracker!”

Paleontologist.

This officially needs an answer.

Well, moving back to NEH FA, I have a decklist that worked pretty well for me at a SC, but was decidedly my weaker half (4 wins in 7 games):

MWL Fastro-biotics

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (12)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (9)

Sentry (3)

11 influence spent (max 17-6☆=11)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I believe this is derived from a deck published by @CodeMarvelous link with @Calimsha

The problem is, I look at the deck and don’t see what I can really make better in it. It lost to a red-hot MaxX who siphoned me twice and fired off Apocalypse by turn 3, and I lost to the eventual champion twice who ran the ICE-killing Whizzard hotness.

The econ is usually ok, the worst case I sometimes pitch a naked Explode-a-palloza onto the board naked for the 5c.

I like the ICE, it stops Faust pretty well, taxes D4v1d enough to keep R&D and HQ from getting locked, includes gear-checks for a rush score.

The matches I lost were because:

1. I had agendas, but didn’t have enough cash to FA
  2. I had good FA options, but I couldn’t draw an agenda, and Fast Track betrayed me
  3. Aggressive pressure and trashing locked out FA tools, leaving agendas stuck with only weak servers to score out of

I know I’m not playing at peak efficacy, so I hope to improve with more practice. In the meantime, I am curious what advice this group has for the deck, or any pointers on the general playstyle, since I am playing in an increasingly competitive meta.

1 Like

Cut the CP for a BN. You should score out way before that’s going to help you. Also, your ice count seems a bit high. I would make some cuts (Roto, EB, 1-2 Arch, 1 LE, 1 Quan?) stick in DBS, Tollbooth, Special Offer, and see how it feels.

I like the ICE changes and the DBS quite a bit, so long as I’m not playing Whizzard, which is pretty big in my meta now. I particularly like Tollbooth to sap credits, which is great Faust hate for centrals, or protecting a SSCG.

I’m very happy with the CP over BN, I use it quite a lot against the anarch-heavy Meta, especially MaxX, which has been my worst match-up. CP has saved 2 games for me in my last SC.

1 DBS and 2 FT should be fine even if you’re playing in Hogwarts.

To each their own on the CP. I find that if I haven’t closed up a game by the time that matters, the CP won’t do enough to put me back in it. Also, I play with Sponsorship so BN is way better there.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing some good preliminary results with switching two of the PAD Campaigns for two Mumba Temples (in the spags/Cal 3 SO build), since if they’re going to trash it anyway you can usually eke out a small profit from rezzing other cards (in addition to the inherent tempo gains from being NEH) where PAD would have never been more than a small credit trade with a Whizzard. Food for thought.

Hmm well I’ve been playing the lists that effectively trade their fast tracks and a piece of ice or something for mumba temples…my god that card is value…that being said I will prob cut one of my pads to put at least one fast track back in…atm am not running anti faust hate since my meta isn’t oversaturated with that crap, but we will see…instead I have room for one NAPD, and boy is that card good. Obviously an easy switch for something like swordsman if I deem it necessary for my local SC

I’d have trouble giving up Fast Track for anything. I still see a lot of MaxX, particularly after the cut (when I make the cut), and I can’t see landing my Chronos Project at the right time without a tutor.

Also, almost nothing is nearly as punishing as a runner leaving an SSCG the turn after you FA an Astro as using FT to pull up another Astro and scoring it straight out of R&D.

5 Likes

What are people’s thoughts on Mumba Temple in NEH?

Additionally, how should NEH FA evolve if Haley and other shapers are becoming more prevalent?

I’ve tried Mumba Temple, and it can give you really great economy. If you wanted to play Turtlebacks with NEH, you’d probably want to include it too.

Hedge Fund, Sweeps Week and PAD Campaign are still better, I’d say. More often than you’d think, those few PAD Campaign credits allow you to score that last agenda.

Most of mine are usually trashed. I feel like I have to protect the Mumba. The problem is that NEH is so ice light rn.

That being said, I know @AceJack, @d1en and @kiv have been seeing a lot of success with these builds

But isn’t having one more must trash thing good in NEH? You get the card draw when you install it and maybe some credits if you have turtle backs. They have to decide if they want to run it. If they don’t you can usually rez it at the end of their turn and use the credits and then reset them and use them again netting 3. And then it still costs them 3 credits and a run to trash it. It feels like a good trade off against anyone but whizzard to me.

mm so took the deck with mumba temples to a small (16 player) SC yesterday and it crushed. Lost one game to whiz in the swiss, then won two games in elims v the same whiz to win the winners final and then first (and only) game in the grand final. Almost lost to that false echo keyhole hyperdriver chaos theory crap but got lucky and not punished for not knowing the deck. Whiz is prob the toughest match ups and I had to make some interesting decisions, but they run out of resources eventually

Did your deck have Turtlebacks as well or just Mumba?

Played fastro as my weaker side in SC. Helped me win the event, but it is not exceptionally strong. Which corp is nowdays?