Premiere Stimhack Invitational Fact Sheet

I expect to play @mtgred in the first round and @busti in the second.

1 Like

as long as we are doing pairing requests

me vs @Calimsha, first round. I run

1 Like

You are gonna love my mushin deck <3

3 Likes

For sudden death does Shikyu interact with that in any way ?

1 Like

Canā€™t wait. Last year I managed to squeeze into the stream featured match and get absolutely trounced with my Eater QC Val in full public view. Least I got one QC off.

Itā€™s going to be a crazy week of Netrunner, with a GNK Weds, ANRPC Saturday, and this Sunday!

So can just confirm that everything has to be done on octagon? Since Iā€™m travelling in Europe Iā€™m not going to install octagon on devices that belong to me, so only option would be to jinteki.net :frowning:

Install, then uninstall. But, yes, it is 100% OCTGN.

1 Like

This should make the GNK on the 11th in Pittsburgh a bit easier.

1 Like

one less @bblum to worry about

This list needs the number 2s of nationals too

:grin:

1 Like

nb4 ā€œThe OCTGN randomizer is broken; it gave my opponent all the Astros!ā€

But really, no prestige psi game for the win? :wink:

god damn it iā€™m gonna miss 2 of these in a row :dizzy_face:

at least I already have the 2 femme promos I need for cube.

the question might sound dumb, but just to be absolutly sure (better safe than sorry) not to misunderstand something:
"The format will be double elimination. ā€¦ Rounds will be 50 minutes long and follow ā€œā€

This means we play as normal in a Tourney-Top-Cut-double-Elim just one game (the 50min confused me a bit - but i think itā€™s reasonable because of OCTGN-issues, matchmaking ect)
The ā€œ2 extra turn timeout rulesā€ are the normal timeout-rules = play until each player finished one turn = 2 turns, yes?

Yes, just one game. 50 minutes is 5 more than the FFG 45 minutes because getting OCTGN set up takes a little bit of time and I hate timeouts.

Yes. Time is called, the current turn is completed, and then 2 more turns follow after that. Actually, the FFG rules state that theres 1 extra turn after time, which is dumb. Many TOs use 2 extra turns.

2 Likes

gonna try to install windows/octgn tomorrow, and maybe get in enough practice time for this. happy this is going the double elimination route instead of swiss!

3 Likes

Having played last 30 games on Jinteki Iā€™m so out of practiceā€¦ OCTGN, Jinteki & live ANR are so much different.

Iā€™m curious for your reasoning behind this, why is it dumb? It seems like if a player is aware of the exact time for the end of the round, they can game it to be the player with the last turn, by slowing* down their turn so that time is called during their turn. The FFG rule encourages players to rush, so that time gets called during their opponentā€™s turn.

If youā€™re thinking that non-FA Corps are at a disadvantage because they cannot install and score in the their last turn, that can be true with the 2 extra turn as well if time is called during the runnerā€™s turn. It may be best to have 3 extra turns after time is called.

*By this I donā€™t mean that they are slow playing, but taking their full reasonable amount of time to take their turn. With less than a minute left it would be hard to argue if a player is slow playing. It seems to me that an odd number of extra turns encourages the players slow down, so they get the last turn, while an even number encourages the players to speed up so that time runs out on the opponentā€™s turn, and they get the last turn.

1 Like

There are ways to game the system regardless of how many turns there are after time. This way I feel is better because of the non-FA thing.

But the runnerā€™s turns tend to be more complex and hence take longer, which means that time should run out more often on the runnerā€™s turn. Runners also benefit disproportionately from having the last turn of the game, since they can make reckless runs without almost any possibility of retaliation (this punishes a lot of flatline decks). I think this rule change heavily favors the runner.

7 Likes