Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Chill out with the Mr Freeze puns alright?

1 Like

No need to be so cold about it. :snowflake:

2 Likes

I really think that you guys should STOP. Collaborate and listen!

5 Likes

Installs Off the Grid

4 Likes

Stop.
Or we’re gonna face hammer time.

part of me expecting Genetics again, where we’ll only see like 5 cards for the trait

I would absolutely be down for more genetics and/or cybernetic cards. We’ve already got the support pieces, just not enough cards to support with them.

4 Likes

cool.

Genetics would make sense given the harsh, unforgiving nature of the red planet.

GeneMods are common on Mars, particularly augmented respiratory systems to cope with the thin atmosphere without equipment.

1 Like

i mean, i’m not against more genetics stuff (in fact, i’d love it) , but that was really not the point i was trying to make.

i replied to a post about clan resources, and i was pessimistically predicting that we wouldn’t really see many of them.

2 Likes

That does worry me. It seems like they’ll either have to cover them very shallowly, or they’ll be like the alliance suite and basically dominate the cycle. Personally I’d like to see them spread out over different factions and supporting a variety of play avenues rather than just as a pre-built combo package.

This was just teased on stream:

6 Likes

Interesting, but they can just run the server again after oh hello there Excalibur.

5 Likes

In general, I think this lends itself well to Grail. Since you’ll have less ICE due to trashing it, the extra subs would really help for taxing. Also, the extra influence means you have some left over for other toys. You can get free recursion with Interns, but Reclamation Order/Archived Memories shenanigans might not be a bad idea with what is left over.

ID is baffling to me. Corp doesn’t have enough clicks to take advantage of this ability. It’s like the lowest tempo ID ever, rendered blank by a Runner with a rig.

Since this is an “instead of” effect, does that mean Blackmail and DDoS still give you trouble?

Sending the runner into a 3 Crick deep archives could also help you recover if they can’t afford to break everything.

So there’s apparently a bunch of spoilers floating around on the 'net from Worlds.

Netrunner Dorks | Facebook seems to be a good repository of them.

2 Likes

The ID is an unbreakable, unavoidable run redirect. In the same faction as Nisei Mk II and Crick.

It is expensive for sure, and I don’t think it’s as good as RP, but it is an interesting ID that offers some unusual avenues for defending servers. And I think ‘unusual means of defending servers’ a is pretty cool piece of the jinteki color pie.

1 Like